Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
To me, Champ, this is the crux of the matter... so, I must ask you:

How much is "lil"?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...2018-national-football-league-important-dates

January 6-7 -- Wild Card Playoffs.:lifting:

January 7 -- Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that have byes in the Wild Card weekend may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of the Wild Card games.

January 13-14 -- Divisional Playoffs. :cool:

January 14 -- Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

January 15 -- Deadline for college players that are underclassmen to apply for special eligibility. A list of players who are accepted into the NFL Draft will be sent to clubs on January 19.

January 20 -- East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida.

January 21 -- AFC and NFC Championship Games. (y)
Where is the Super Bowl 2018 going to be?
The game is scheduled to be held on February 4, 2018, at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the second Super Bowl in Minneapolis, which previously hosted Super Bowl XXVI in 1992. The game will be televised in the United States by NBC.

Feel me?:yess:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure... are you saying the Rams (and Goff) need to get to the NFC Championship game or what?
What he keeps saying is Wentz is good no matter what he does. Goff will only be good if the Rams make a deep playoff run.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8 wins is the real deal....less than 6 int's the way we sling it is real too...All the yards, 3rd down conversions....exciting plays....gotta give it up....dude is ballin.

Call me greedy, selfish....whatever...I need a lil more...and I kinda expect him to deliver....need to see a lil more accuracy on passes downfield.. but lil stuff...he's turned around my opinion of him for sure..just keep getting better.
Yay Champ, you are finally positive for once in your forum career. It seems you are having a hard time being happy (joking). But I do think you need to put things into perspective. Where we are now compared to last year. How Goff is playing compared to last year. It feels good after so many people were down on him. How can you not be ecstatic about our playoff chances? It seems like you don't care about any of that bc you think Wentz is the tractor and Goff a trailer.

I have no problem with you sharing your thoughts on ex-Rams players and Wentz. But I've noticed(maybe not justified) you spend more time clamoring for Grob/Quick/Wentz than you do supporting our current Rams players. I find that just a little odd. Especially because there are many things to cheer about at the moment. You can convince yourself all you want that Grob should still be with the Rams and that Quick should still be with the Rams. You can convince yourself that Wentz should be our QB. But at some point, you gotta move on, no? We as a team are better than we were last year. Teams miss on drafts and talent and they move on from good players. Some players move on from one team to find a better fit elsewhere. Just happens.

If anything short of a Superbowl ring won't make you happy, then I am actually a little concerned.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What he keeps saying is Wentz is good no matter what he does. Goff will only be good if the Rams make a deep playoff run.
Naw....you miss the point....our team is good enough to make a good playoff run....if our QB plays well.

I expect the Eagles to be in the NFC Championship game....anything less than that...I'd be looking at Wentz funny too.
Where we are now compared to last year.
Loser mentality....we were never supposed to be terrible last year.
How can you not be ecstatic about our playoff chances? It seems like you don't care about any of that bc you think Wentz is the tractor and Goff a trailer.
I am happy to be in the playoff conversation....I'd be ecstatic with a playoff win...I'd be bummed out with anything less.

But I've noticed(maybe not justified) you spend more time clamoring for Grob/Quick/Wentz than you do supporting our current Rams players. I find that just a little odd.
Clamoring for???? No...pointing out, they went through the same things as others on the offense....for more years...yet they are awful....while some that performed as bad if not worse, are considered our "savior" if you will.
I've never bashed guys after they left...Even Craig Dahl...like he was the worst safety ever to play in horns....Not Smith the OT....I've even read people write stuff about Darrien Stewart....Jenoris Jenkins....I don't "clamor" for players....I try to point out where some are in error....Sorta like a bunch in here that were talking about Jared Cook....and we have Higbee & Everett....Same with Quick...and G-Rob....dude Kupp has drop crucial passes....some would say worse than Quick...yet Quick was awful.....Whitworth had a terrible game....against New Orleans....and against Houston....not a word about Whit, but G-Rob is a bust....why do I point these few plays out? We have better coaching now...
You can convince yourself all you want that Grob should still be with the Rams and that Quick should still be with the Rams. You can convince yourself that Wentz should be our QB. But at some point, you gotta move on, no?
I've moved on.....but to continually call out these players is wrong....they aren't "bad" players...they played in a "bad" system with "bad" coaching.
If anything short of a Superbowl ring won't make you happy, then I am actually a little concerned.
Don't be concerned....I just want a NFC Championship game...win or lose....we won.....get it? Team is too talented to be losing in the first round....not making the playoffs. And the way it looks, if we do lose early...it'll be the offense, not the defense or special teams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yay Champ, you are finally positive for once in your forum career.

I put this alone....because this statement PROVES you've only read my critical posts about #sunsetsinwest....

My sis went to Cal....I've seen the Bears play when Lynch was there...and Jhavid Best....saw Keenan Allen (didn't like him....too slow)....Hell, I liked Joe Capp....

I'm not trying to be overly positive...or negative...just a realist...what I SEE from week to week....2 big weeks left...and this one doesn't count...nope...Seattle...and Philly....what we do there will define our season.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Champ isn't saying anything crazy. If anything, it is easy to take the position that the Rams haven't done anything until they win x or y. I get it. I too will be disappointed if the Rams don't continue to play well. I cannot fault him or any others for being skeptical of our young QB either. He is young and he has a lot of room for improvement.

What I hope is that some of the pessimists/realists/etc are not just taking that position so they can come back...in the event the Rams falter...and say "I told you all so!!". That kind of shit is unbearable. Again, I reeeaally hope we don't have anyone like that on THIS board. No room for that type of fan anywhere.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cannot fault him or any others for being skeptical of our young QB either.
On the (patented, so don't try to steal this) Skepto-Meter, where 10 is very skeptical), I had Goff at 10 for week one.

By the 6th game, he'd dropped to 7

Now, I'd peg him at ~4

Sure thing? No.

But I like how he's progressing!

jjab360

Legend
dude Kupp has drop crucial passes....some would say worse than Quick...yet Quick was awful.....Whitworth had a terrible game....against New Orleans....and against Houston....not a word about Whit, but G-Rob is a bust
tenor.gif

search

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Champ isn't saying anything crazy. If anything, it is easy to take the position that the Rams haven't done anything until they win x or y.

I said it earlier and he reinforced it after but that's the whole funny thing. Wentz is a winner and great after beating one team over .500 but Goff won't match that unless he makes a deep run in the playoffs. I know he tried to walk that back but he's said it way too many times to have meant anything else.

Whitworth has a bad game and he's critical. GRob has 40+ bad games and he still gets praise.

Kupp as a rookie has dropped some key passes and gets criticism. Quick as a 6th year vet makes as many drops and can't be active on gameday for a team with injuries at WR but he's still good.

He cracks me up because he's such a fun little troll with his evaluations and his inconsistencies. I enjoy ruffling his feathers as long as he knows I'm doing it and doesn't take it personal I'll keep giving him grief.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Naw....you miss the point....our team is good enough to make a good playoff run....if our QB plays well.

I expect the Eagles to be in the NFC Championship game....anything less than that...I'd be looking at Wentz funny too.

I am happy to be in the playoff conversation....I'd be ecstatic with a playoff win...I'd be bummed out with anything less.

Clamoring for???? No...pointing out, they went through the same things as others on the offense....for more years...yet they are awful....while some that performed as bad if not worse, are considered our "savior" if you will.
I've never bashed guys after they left...Even Craig Dahl...like he was the worst safety ever to play in horns....Not Smith the OT....I've even read people write stuff about Darrien Stewart....Jenoris Jenkins....I don't "clamor" for players....I try to point out where some are in error....Sorta like a bunch in here that were talking about Jared Cook....and we have Higbee & Everett....Same with Quick...and G-Rob....dude Kupp has drop crucial passes....some would say worse than Quick...yet Quick was awful.....Whitworth had a terrible game....against New Orleans....and against Houston....not a word about Whit, but G-Rob is a bust....why do I point these few plays out? We have better coaching now...

I've moved on.....but to continually call out these players is wrong....they aren't "bad" players...they played in a "bad" system with "bad" coaching.
Don't be concerned....I just want a NFC Championship game...win or lose....we won.....get it? Team is too talented to be losing in the first round....not making the playoffs. And the way it looks, if we do lose early...it'll be the offense, not the defense or special teams.
I’m with you brother
Some great points made here

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loser mentality because I have accepted that we were bad last year? We were bad last year. That's a fact.
Everything else, you are making it up in your head. Don't need to play the game of hypotheticals when we already know what happened.

Too many thoughts in here for me to respond to all. I think you missed my point. Just as you were "pointing out" that they aren't "bad" you also "pointed out" that Kupp is worse than Quick and that Whit is just as bad/good as Grob? Kupp is a rookie that's played half a season in the NFL. Don't you think he'll get better? Yet you are comparing him to Quick? In order to get better, you need to jettison some of your players whether it's for Cap space or for better players. Quick wasn't good enough to stay on the team perhaps not by your standards, but surely not enough by the Rams' standards. Grob wasn't good enough to stay on the team (not by your standards), but not by the Rams' standards. We have better coaching now. I agree! And they(along with the GM) decided to get rid of Grob. Now you are going to tell me that they lie. They are not perfect and they are going to make the wrong choices, but our line is much better than it was last year because of improved coaching and because of the additions of Whitworth and Sullivan. And I'm enjoying the sh*t out of it! You aren't! LOL. I don't care about how good Grob could have been. I don't care about how good Quick could have been. They are not here. I'm just enjoying the journey.

At the end of the day, you do you brother.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I put this alone....because this statement PROVES you've only read my critical posts about #sunsetsinwest....

My sis went to Cal....I've seen the Bears play when Lynch was there...and Jhavid Best....saw Keenan Allen (didn't like him....too slow)....Hell, I liked Joe Capp....

I'm not trying to be overly positive...or negative...just a realist...what I SEE from week to week....2 big weeks left...and this one doesn't count...nope...Seattle...and Philly....what we do there will define our season.
I literally said I was joking. You can be a realist. But might as well enjoy the ride because it's been fun to watch so far. Again, you do you man.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m with you brother
Some great points made here
Yeah, you reeaaally like him don't ya. Champ might have to slap a restraining order on you at some point, lolz...

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same with Quick...and G-Rob....dude Kupp has drop crucial passes....some would say worse than Quick...yet Quick was awful.....Whitworth had a terrible game....against New Orleans....and against Houston....not a word about Whit, but G-Rob is a bust..
I missed this. Wow. Credibility.... That was the door smackin yo ass on the way out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, you reeaaally like him don't ya. Champ might have to slap a restraining order on you at some point, lolz...
Why? Because I don’t follow the herd? The dude makes outlandish claims but also makes good points. If all you can do is criticize but not give credit where due, then your viewpoint is invalid

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? Because I don’t follow the herd? The dude makes outlandish claims but also makes good points. If all you can do is criticize but not give credit where due, then your viewpoint is invalid
Funny how ironic this statement is. That pretty much sums up the majority of his posts. Criticism with backhanded compliments. He only recently started to "give credit where it is due" to a Rams team that is 8 and fucking three after how many horrible seasons?? Mostly though...it's criticism......and there is a difference between critique and criticism. He likes attention. Hence the baiting with pretty much every post. Its all good though. I think Champ has a lot of good insight, and I enjoy a lot of his posts...otherwise I would have blocked him by now. I do get a bit tired of the constant crapping on or discounting of RAMS players by some on here. It is like they were happier with a crappy team that everybody tore down (except here on ROD thank goodness) on a weekly basis.

Oh, and for you to call ANYONE'S viewpoint "invalid" is laughable. What does that even mean? They don't exist?? Lolz....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He only recently started to "give credit where it is due" to a Rams team that is 8 and freaking three after how many horrible seasons??
While the seasons ended horribly....we were not a "horrible" team...there was, and is talent at every level.

Until a playoff birth is secured...I'll reserve my enthusiasm for the performance....like, big games....winning streaks...stuff like that...or extraordinary performances...

I don't try to crap on players....I just write what I see.....