Goff how could you?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I could probably suck it up and play for that team, but there is no chance I would ever sign a new contract with them.

That's my biggest fear for Goff. He's going to bail after we pick up his fifth year option and sign anywhere that isn't the Rams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's called upgrading, most people do it as they progress through life with things. He started out a Giants and Whiner fan now he's a Dodgers fan who plays for the Rams. I'd say he won out there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Man, It's gotta feel weird supporting LA and SF at the same time lol

Not really. My formative years were spent in the SF Bay area where I became a Rams and SF Giants fan. The days of Juan Marichal, Willie McCovey, Willie Mays, the Alou brothers vs. Ron Fairly, Maury Wills, Don Drysdale, and Sandy Koufax were awesome to behold. Never felt weird about it. But then again I'm a fan of teams not cities(no slight intended against those who feel different).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really. My formative years were spent in the SF Bay area where I became a Rams and SF Giants fan. The days of Juan Marichal, Willie McCovey, Willie Mays, the Alou brothers vs. Ron Fairly, Maury Wills, Don Drysdale, and Sandy Koufax were awesome to behold. Never felt weird about it. But then again I'm a fan of teams not cities(no slight intended against those who feel different).

Most of my immediate family is Whiner and Dodger fans tbh.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not really I grew up in the central valley and got to pick which California teams to root for. Rams were the same colors as my high school team, Lakers Jerry West and company, Giants Willie Mays

fearsomefour

Legend
Its hard to find a real Giants fan.
I mean, when garlic fries are a highlight of the experience....that and a brainless chant that means nothing...well, just more bay area fandom stupidity.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Yeah, it's probably a weird position to be in. I know if I was heading into the league as a Rams fan and I got drafted by the 49ers.. I'd feel pretty odd.

I do know Goff has said multiple times that coming to LA and the Rams was his "pipe dream" before the trade and when the Rams traded up he was really excited because he felt it was the "best case scenario" so he probably put his fandom aside and thought this would be the best situation for him.

It is a bit odd, but when the Rams start winning and the Giants continue as they have the past 5 yrs it will feel much better.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think it's great that the 49ers collapsed into rebuilding mode right before Goff was drafted. It should be easier for him to rid himself of any lingering 49er fandom since most of the players he grew up admiring have left the team.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
My fandom would get in the way if I was an NFL player. Especially playing the Rams. I'm sure Goff grew up hating the team who drafted him #1 overall.

I thought the same thing. Then I remembered my own experience:
Grew up huge Dodger fan during Garvey, Cey, Lopes and Baker era. My dad (also Rams fan) was an original "ball dude" for the Giants for 13 years. (Old guys shagging foul balls) Great PR for the Giants and bound to create hilarious highlights. I was able to work the games with dad 10-12 times.

We had to wear full Giants unis, etc. Pretty weird for this Dodger fan. But I got to know the players and really got to like many of them. I came to see them as just guys. Rich Aurelia and Bill Mueller were my favorites. A silver lining: my dad introduced me to Dusty, one of my Childhood heroes. And Dusty later actually remembered my name. (Should Baker be seen as a "traitor"? I don't think so)

How about "Giant great" JT Snow? JT and I had a nice conversation about his dad. I think he grew up a Dodger fan. I know for a fact he is a Ram fan.

I actually had a hard time hating the Giants after those experiences. :( Hopefully that is what happens with Goff.

By the way, I actually signed autographs for little kids in my Giants uni. :snicker: At first I was embarrassed, but then I realized I was hurting the kids feeling more by declining, so I started signing my name, then "ball dude" below. :D

My dad obliged the cameras one time when we were doing a game together around 2001. He went for a foul ball and fell flat on his face. The big screen showed it in slow motion (several times) after it was clear he was ok. :eek::LOL:

He ended up making ESPN plays of the week for that move. We used to cue it up and give dad some pretty good crap about that.

Now that dad is gone, I am grateful for those memories... Even In our SF Giants unis.

No doubt...This is business now, not just fandom for him...and I am pretty sure that all of us would do the same in his position, if we had been drafted by the 49ers as a #1 Overall pick in the NFL

You're probably right.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff in 2013 suggested on Twitter that Puig "get a fastball in his ribs" after Puig's excessive celebration after a walk-off home run against the Reds. - LOL
I love me some Puig-er....and I really love Goff is this is his mentality(y)....:mrburnsevil::yess:;)

Should Baker be seen as a "traitor"? I don't think so
Love the stories bro....but yeah, Dusty is a traitor;)....sorta how I feel about Hacksaw & Wendel & Bruce...I can't BELIEVE Bruce was a niner.....

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I love me some Puig-er....and I really love Goff is this is his mentality(y)....:mrburnsevil::yess:;)

Love the stories bro....but yeah, Dusty is a traitor;)....sorta how I feel about Hacksaw & Wendel & Bruce...I can't BELIEVE Bruce was a niner.....
It does taint them, doesn't it?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Grew up huge Dodger fan during Garvey, Cey, Lopes and Baker era. My dad (also Rams fan) was an original "ball dude" for the Giants for 13 years. (Old guys shagging foul balls) Great PR for the Giants and bound to create hilarious highlights. I was able to work the games with dad 10-12 times.

We had to wear full Giants unis, etc. Pretty weird for this Dodger fan. But I got to know the players and really got to like many of them. I came to see them as just guys. Rich Aurelia and Bill Mueller were my favorites. A silver lining: my dad introduced me to Dusty, one of my Childhood heroes. And Dusty later actually remembered my name. (Should Baker be seen as a "traitor"? I don't think so)

How about "Giant great" JT Snow? JT and I had a nice conversation about his dad. I think he grew up a Dodger fan. I know for a fact he is a Ram fan.

I actually had a hard time hating the Giants after those experiences. :( Hopefully that is what happens with Goff.

By the way, I actually signed autographs for little kids in my Giants uni. :snicker: At first I was embarrassed, but then I realized I was hurting the kids feeling more by declining, so I started signing my name, then "ball dude" below. :D

My dad obliged the cameras one time when we were doing a game together around 2001. He went for a foul ball and fell flat on his face. The big screen showed it in slow motion (several times) after it was clear he was ok. :eek::LOL:

He ended up making ESPN plays of the week for that move. We used to cue it up and give dad some pretty good crap about that.

Now that dad is gone, I am grateful for those memories... Even In our SF Giants unis.

You're probably right.
I love this story haha

fearsomefour

Legend

You're probably right.
I knew several guys that were Whiner, Giant and Laker fans.....always a major front runner fan red flag.
I grew up on the central coast of Ca, so, right in-between north and southern ca....a little more northern.
Most people I knew would choose an area and stick to the teams....except the front runners who picked the Whiners and Lakers because they were good almost every year. I spent a lot of my summers, or part of my summers in LA, going to Dodger games was a big part of those summers, so, LA teams it was. Plus, my father was a Rams fan. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers....thats it, forever.
Although, as an adult I did become an Oakland A's fan. Have a cousin that worked for the A's for several years. So, getting to hang out down there, hear the stories, watch the pitchers warm up ect....my son who was just starting to play baseball got to play catch on the field with Barry Zito....those sorts of things....yeah, I bought in. They would never replace the Dodgers, but, I am an A's fan as well.
I have a friend who is friends with a Raiders front office guy, so, I follow them as well. I pull for them but am nowhere near a fan.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I chose my teams, all but one that is, based off the first game I watched of the sport or remember watching. The first NBA game I saw was a live game in Golden State it was Magic Johnson's rookie year. He just dominated the game and I had to root for that team. The first football game I watched was Super Bowl XIV. My uncle who is only 7 years older than me was rooting for the Rams so I rooted for the Rams. The lone exception to this is the Dodgers and as I have to head out the door that's a story for another day.