Goff Has the Opportunity to Impress His Future Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
The Top 3 guys on my coaching wish list (God willing Fisher is fired) are David Shaw, Kyle Shanahan, and Josh McDaniels. Goff plays 2 out of 3 in the next three games and has a chance to impress them. These guys will be hot names and if the Rams can peak their interest with a potential franchise QB it could make their decision for a new landing spot a little easier. IF Shaw decides to leave Stanford he has extensive experience playing against Goff and spoke highly of him in the past. I'm rooting for the colts the rest of year, because if they keep Pagano Phillip Rivers would be only QB clearly more enticing than Goff because I wouldn't want my job to depend on the play of Andy Dalton, Blake Bortels, or top QB in a bad QB draft (Bears?). Who knows how happy Rivers will be moving to LA.

jjab360

Legend
McDaniels, really? We've seen exactly how effective he's been outside of the Belichick/Brady bubble and it isn't pretty..

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
McDaniels, really? We've seen exactly how effective he's been outside of the Belichick/Brady bubble and it isn't pretty..

Can't help thinking Shanahan will be the same.

Some people are excellent co-ordinaries but terrible head coaches. I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan ends up fitting that bill too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't help thinking Shanahan will be the same.

Some people are excellent co-ordinaries but terrible head coaches. I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan ends up fitting that bill too.

Yea, I have the same concern. Then again, he could end up being great. Hard to say. I don't doubt his ability as an offensive-mind.

The Top 3 guys on my coaching wish list (God willing Fisher is fired) are David Shaw, Kyle Shanahan, and Josh McDaniels. Goff plays 2 out of 3 in the next three games and has a chance to impress them. These guys will be hot names and if the Rams can peak their interest with a potential franchise QB it could make their decision for a new landing spot a little easier. IF Shaw decides to leave Stanford he has extensive experience playing against Goff and spoke highly of him in the past. I'm rooting for the colts the rest of year, because if they keep Pagano Phillip Rivers would be only QB clearly more enticing than Goff because I wouldn't want my job to depend on the play of Andy Dalton, Blake Bortels, or top QB in a bad QB draft (Bears?). Who knows how happy Rivers will be moving to LA.

I think you're counting your chickens before they hatch. The Bengals firing Marvin Lewis still is hard for me to believe. It seems like Mike Brown either loves him or Marvin has pictures of Brown doing something scandalous. And the Rams firing Fisher also doesn't seem anywhere near certain, as much as I think they should.

However, put me on the Hell no to McDaniels train with @jjab360

I also would be okay with my job depending on the play of Bortles. He's having a tough year, but he did throw for 4000+ yards and 35 TDs last year. Dan Marino is the only other QB who threw for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs in his second year in the NFL (not counting QBs who played professional football prior to the NFL). Plus, the Jaguars have a good bit of talent.

The Rams are a slightly better destination than the Jaguars, but those are the top two jobs on the market imo.(barring something unexpected)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McDaniels has one thing on Shanahan: experience. I think that adds seasoning that can be very valuable, and you see some guys do better their second time around, like his boss BB. The nice thing about McDaniels or any offensive mind is that we have the QB in place to fulfill that relationship all great offenses have between that offensive mind and the QB position. So if they hire McDaniels I'll be fine with it.

But I'd be fine with Shanahan too. Bottom line is all of us have our favorites but none of us know which of these guys will pan out at the next level. They gotta have an extra layer of meticulousness and vision to run the whole show, an ability to coach up their coaches and have the entire staff goin in the same direction.

And tbh that's where the college guys are a bit ahead. Shaw for example has seen the NFL from the sideline but also has run the entire show. And working under Harbaugh was good for him too, as before JH there were other very strong offensive minds. Not all of the college coaches have Shaw's level of resume, but yeah there are some guys down there who could run this thing and it would be wise of Stan not to overlook them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McDaniels has one thing on Shanahan: experience. I think that adds seasoning that can be very valuable, and you see some guys do better their second time around, like his boss BB. The nice thing about McDaniels or any offensive mind is that we have the QB in place to fulfill that relationship all great offenses have between that offensive mind and the QB position. So if they hire McDaniels I'll be fine with it.

Denver thought that too.

There are also many coaches who were just as bad or worse their second time around.

But I'd be fine with Shanahan too. Bottom line is all of us have our favorites but none of us know which of these guys will pan out at the next level. They gotta have an extra layer of meticulousness and vision to run the whole show, an ability to coach up their coaches and have the entire staff goin in the same direction.

This is true. Personally, I'd rather take a risk on an unknown than hope a known learned his lesson.

And tbh that's where the college guys are a bit ahead. Shaw for example has seen the NFL from the sideline but also has run the entire show. And working under Harbaugh was good for him too, as before JH there were other very strong offensive minds. Not all of the college coaches have Shaw's level of resume, but yeah there are some guys down there who could run this thing and it would be wise of Stan not to overlook them.

This is true too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I REALLY don't want Josh McDaniels....If we do, my three year countdown to the next HC after him, starts again...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Denver thought that too.

There are also many coaches who were just as bad or worse their second time around.

Josh isn't my top choice either, fwiw. Plenty of posts prior demonstrating that in fact.

That said, I see a lot of fans knocking the dude for failing his first go-round, and ignoring what he's done since he returned to New England. The guy deserves just as much a look as any other tbh.

And I'm not being holier than thou here either lol. I think he and Haley are both douche types, but if and when the Rams hire one of them I'll deal with it and cross my fingers in the hopes I'm wrong.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh isn't my top choice either, fwiw. Plenty of posts prior demonstrating that in fact.

That said, I see a lot of fans knocking the dude for failing his first go-round, and ignoring what he's done since he returned to New England. The guy deserves just as much a look as any other tbh.

And I'm not being holier than thou here either lol. I think he and Haley are both douche types, but if and when the Rams hire one of them I'll deal with it and cross my fingers in the hopes I'm wrong.

People ignore it because he did just as much in New England the first time around. Problem is that he's sucked outside of New England. It's easy to look like a genius when Bill Belichick is the head coach and Tom Brady is the QB.

If he ends up here, I'll root for him. But it would be disappointing for me. Then again, it would be less disappointing than keeping Fisher.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Man, I REALLY don't want Josh McDaniels....If we do, my three year countdown to the next HC after him, starts again...

Tom Brady makes a lot of people look good...I think the McDaniels ship has already sailed ...(At least with the Rams...)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'm throwing another name out there as my dark horse and for those of you that like an offensive minded and disciplinarian type coach, you're going to like this name:
Chris Petersen

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think any long time New England coach should be a consideration, so I am open to McDaniels. He's a little older since those Denver days, too.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have a problem with hiring someone as HC who has never been a HC. Rams have not fared well with rookie HC hires.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Anyone. At this point I would take literally anyone(except for Spags, those clapping hands need to stay far from any HC gig). Anyone for the love of god. Fisher will not bring us to be even average. Good bridge coach and a a good guy. I like him as a person, but as a coach he just is not getting it done. Fresh blood is needed, and I don't care who it is. Hopefully someone who takes us to the next level. But Fisher needs to go.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
Anyone. At this point I would take literally anyone(except for Spags, those clapping hands need to stay far from any HC gig). Anyone for the love of god. Fisher will not bring us to be even average. Good bridge coach and a a good guy. I like him as a person, but as a coach he just is not getting it done. Fresh blood is needed, and I don't care who it is. Hopefully someone who takes us to the next level. But Fisher needs to go.
niNICK SABAN at Alabama may be a good choice also. He is a winner. During Pete Carrolls first employ in the NFL he did poorly with New England. Maybe Saban would also do great in the NFL the second time. To bad jimmy Johnson is to old and wealthy! LA is a market that can get anyone interested!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
niNICK SABAN at Alabama may be a good choice also. He is a winner. During Pete Carrolls first employ in the NFL he did poorly with New England. Maybe Saban would also do great in the NFL the second time. To bad jimmy Johnson is to old and wealthy! LA is a market that can get anyone interested!!
IDK if Saben would leave. Why leave when you are already one of the best college head coaches ever and could win 10 more championships and surpass Bryant status? Maybe he wants a Lombardi trophy to. I'd be down for him easy. He holds players accountable, And knows how to win. I'd take him in a heart beat if he wanted. Seems to have a Bellicheat mentality to the game.