Goff has funny balls

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Having seen him play in person twice this year it is fairly evident that Jared doesn't throw a tight spiral. This is most likely due to his below average NFL hand size. But he gets it there and has plenty of zip on most of his balls. Just look at some of the seam throws and perfectly placed deep balls he's thrown this year. As others said guys like Manning and Warner didn't throw the tightest spirals, but in the end they got it where it needed to be. I see no reason as to why the same can't be true for Goff

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

I mean, I could be wrong in my observation, but your one play video highlight doesn't disprove anything. That was a good throw, but I've personally seen his throws get real iffy when rolling out to avoid a sack. Unfortunately I'm as casual as it gets and don't re-watch game tape, and they don't make low light videos that often. I'll keep watching and see if he gets better in part of his game.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I mean, I could be wrong in my observation, but your one play video highlight doesn't disprove anything. That was a good throw, but I've personally seen his throws get real iffy when rolling out to avoid a sack. Unfortunately I'm as casual as it gets and don't re-watch game tape, and they don't make low light videos that often. I'll keep watching and see if he gets better in part of his game.

No worries man, could probably find some Jared Goff lowlights including other instances of him trying to pull off that iconic Shanahan bootleg and failing miserably. Just won't because this is an echo chamber for positive Ram vibes.

Zero

Pro Bowler
People ,when you have the kind of offensive coaching we have.
I just notice that he isn't very good at throwing on the run.
I haven't noticed that at all.Some of those throws on the run are throw aways.
He made a beautiful across the body throw rolling left last night.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It's interesting, I have the same size hands as Goff and I can tell you firsthand that I hate "the Duke". I throw a tight spiral with the Wilson 1005, which is supposedly the same size as the NFL ball, but when both are properly inflated (I'm looking at you, Tom) I get an ugly wobble in my throw with the NFL ball. If I take a tad of air out of the NFL ball, it helps, but I finally started wearing receiving gloves with it and was shocked at how much better of a ball I was throwing. I see why a number of QBs use them, it took a long time to get used to though.

Also weird, I'm 6' even and have the nearly the same arm length as Goff as well, either I'm built like a ape or Goff has some stubby arms and fingers.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
It's interesting, I have the same size hands as Goff and I can tell you firsthand that I hate "the Duke". I throw a tight spiral with the Wilson 1005, which is supposedly the same size as the NFL ball, but when both are properly inflated (I'm looking at you, Tom) I get an ugly wobble in my throw with the NFL ball. If I take a tad of air out of the NFL ball, it helps, but I finally started wearing receiving gloves with it and was shocked at how much better of a ball I was throwing. I see why a number of QBs use them, it took a long time to get used to though.

Also weird, I'm 6' even and have the nearly the same arm length as Goff as well, either I'm built like a ape or Goff has some stubby arms and fingers.
Goff arms look normal, guess it;s you:homercrawl::mrburns::yess::rolllaugh::shocked:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think sometimes, when he escapes and rolls right, that he rolls too fast and not settle down to use the whole field. Other than that, I think pocket awareness was a strength coming out the draft. Better than Bradford not moving at all.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
d37a9f4fc4449b10b119460e9bdfb67d--reynolds-actor-ryan-reynolds.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This can create sacks. Havenstein gave up a sack earmy in the game. He was blocking well and Goff just sort of kept shuffling backward and allowed the rusher to just step away and grab a sack.

To be fair to Goff, there was nowhere to go on that play. Lynch had pressure up the middle. It was get sacked stepping up or try to move backwards and get sacked. Luckily, the 49ers were caught holding our WR.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
with 10 games as the starter he doesn't even have a full season in. I think we are going to be just fine with Goff.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Warner threw odd balls to
Yep I said the same thing.Kurt never threw a pretty football,but damn if he wasn't one of the most
accurate QB's to ever play the game.
I could care less what the ball looks like in the air.As long as Goff
keeps doing what he is doing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair to Goff, there was nowhere to go on that play. Lynch had pressure up the middle. It was get sacked stepping up or try to move backwards and get sacked. Luckily, the 49ers were caught holding our WR.

it was so funny when that dolt collingsworth was saying he needs to step up and you're looking at the screen and thinking, step up into where? what's funnier is a few talking heads using that clip to show goff still has problems retreating backwards into the arms of the pass rusher. i'm looking at you teddy bruschi.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I gotta admit on a lot of his throws I'm thinking, "small hands" but like already said, a slow looking, seemingly slightly wobbly ball finds its mark. I think a little of it just might be his previously ballyhooed hand size but he does his magic with what he's got so take that naysayers!!!!!