Goff exceeding McVay's expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We've become so jaded by linehan, spags and Fisher. Especially Fisher because the rams had the making of a good team but his coaching philosophy, and coaching, held them back.

However mcvay has put together a great staff which looks like it can put the rams back on their feet after 12 long, painful years. Can't wait.

nanotech

Rookie

We've become so jaded by linehan, spags and Fisher. Especially Fisher because the rams had the making of a good team but his coaching philosophy, and coaching, held them back.

However mcvay has put together a great staff which looks like it can put the rams back on their feet after 12 long, painful years. Can't wait.

chick.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eli Manning couldn't have looked any worse in his rookie season than he had. And then he rebounded in to the borderline HOF QB that he is.
Then of course is the laundry list of QB that looked terrible in their rookie year who never got better.
I'm certainly hoping for the former but need more than mini camps to feel we are on the right track.
Sam Bradford has taught me that a QB can look scintillating in pre-season only to be mediocre when the bullets are flying for real.

Of course "mediocre" would be an incredible upgrade from what we've seen out of Rams QB lately....

jap

Legend
I expect our defense to be good this year, even with all of the changes to a 3-4...and my God, how couldn't the offense be better over a Fisher offense? I don't think it's delusional to believe in significant improvement

Just keep in mind we can 4-12 and still show significant improvement. What we would all love to see is to witness these mostly young 'uns learn how to win together at the highest level. That won't happen right away, but there should be milestones along the way illustrating improvement.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyone counting on the Rams to have a winning season is deluding themselves. Way too many changes and unknowns. I like the way its going, but I don't expect a winning season til 2019. Its going to take time for this team to settle itself down and operate smoothly.

Not saying it can't happen, but I just don't expect it yet.

None of us know how this thing is going to go down, how long it's going to take. Saying they can't win 9 games is just as ridiculous as any other prediction tbh.

This roster won four games and lost what, five games by a TD or less? That was with one of the worst offenses I have ever suffered through in horns. Who's to say what this team would look like if they can put up 5-7 more points per game?

We have a better offensive staff. A QB going into year two. An elite DC taking over our defense. I think putting a limit on how many wins these guys are capable of is a useless exercise. I don't think a winning season is likely, but I also don't think it's impossible.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Expectations should not be too high, but in the same vein ... optimism should not be lost.. Let's just enjoy the new environment, the fresh air that is surrounding this team .. .and leave the "it's gonna be this ... or that.." until we actually see it unfold..?? Anyone with me??