Goff Did Great: 3 and out was not his fault

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
omg didn't loyaram go mental in every possible thread how awesome goff will be, no doubt. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!
8 snaps later...yeah.

goff had another horrible day at the camp. guy is a bust. get over it ramsondemand.
he will get destroyed the next two games against the raiders and chargers.

and once again the whole board will flip the moment we get rid of the montana groupie and nobody on here was ever a fan of him.

we need to find a way to get cousins, plus donald, watkins, joyner and maybe ogletree.
If Goff DID get destroyed in the next two games, I would admit it. We both know you would never admit the reverse if so. Again I ask, are you even a Ram's fan at all?

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
omg didn't loyaram go mental in every possible thread how awesome goff will be, no doubt. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!
8 snaps later...yeah.

goff had another horrible day at the camp. guy is a bust. get over it ramsondemand.

and once again the whole board will flip the moment we get rid of the montana groupie and nobody on here was ever a fan of him.

we need to find a way to get cousins, plus donald, watkins, joyner and maybe ogletree.

View: https://youtu.be/Qm1osmEK3f8

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay and Goff both talked about thAt throw to woods and both but the blame on Goff
Yeah, they did.... But then Goff also shouldered the whole responsibility for the seven losses last year, when we know the problems were not restricted to his play...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
LOL

That was a great post @flv
And a great way to look at it....I'd like to see a bunch more in game 2...but I'll be patient for game 3....preseason game 3...

.Now towards those who won't let his underperforming @ss fade into obscurity....:shooting:
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS

B. Quick is 2nd team...right behind Pryor

That's why we see so many balls hit the ground whether it's dropped passes or fumbles. Guys just aren't quite used to getting hit like they did in the 1st game. Happens all around the league.
I would generally say yes...to most of your post actually....But that was just an....unusual number of balls being dropped...fumbles....and fumbles and drops can become mental...So, they REALLY need to clean that up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL

That was a great post @flv
And a great way to look at it....I'd like to see a bunch more in game 2...but I'll be patient for game 3....preseason game 3...

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS

B. Quick is 2nd team...right behind Pryor

I would generally say yes...to most of your post actually....But that was just an....unusual number of balls being dropped...fumbles....and fumbles and drops can become mental...So, they REALLY need to clean that up.
:shooting::shooting::shooting::shooting::shooting::shooting::shooting::shooting::shooting:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion was fine for a first preseason game standard.

Good to see posters in mid-season form.
By who's standard? If Dallas scored 20 some odd points and the Rams lost, Mannion would be looked at entirely different. 6 points, 3 off of a huge run, in 3+ quarters of play is not "fine"
Unless Jeff Fisher is coach of course...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8 snaps later...yeah.

Just curious, but are you at camp?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He ran out of gas.
He got a flat tire.
He didn't have change for cab fare.
He lost his tux at the cleaners.
He locked his keys in his car.
An old friend came in from out of town.
Someone stole his car.
There was an earthquake.
A terrible flood.
Locusts!

IT WASN'T HIS FAULT !!!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By who's standard? If Dallas scored 20 some odd points and the Rams lost, Mannion would be looked at entirely different. 6 points, 3 off of a huge run, in 3+ quarters of play is not "fine"
When Mannion beat Dallas last year it was because he played against scrubs lol I don't think it matters what Mannion do in your eyes

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I do have a few nagging doubts about Goff that I didn't have immediately after the game on Saturday. As a couple have said, flv for one, I didn't like that all of Goff's passes were single read passes, which probably won't be nearly as available to him in actual games. The other thing that disturbed me was that he telegraphed his throws by staring down his target before throwing the ball. I will be focusing on that in the Oakland game.

Franchise QB's attack the defense, which I have yet to really see Goff do. I did see Mannion do that against the back ups. Goff needs to have moments where he shreds a defense. Please Jared. let the Big Dog eat...

I wouldn't be too worried about the single read passes (at this point in the season). Don't forget Goff was pummelled last year, beaten, bruised and found wanting by the press - no matter who you are, that IS going to affect you mentally. What I think McVay has done is pure sports psychologist stuff. He kept it simple, making the success rate of throws higher, boosting Goff's confidence. Winning creates winners, if Goff executes the basics, by week 1 we'll see a different Goff and a different Rams O. I've never been a fan of Goff - or the Goff trade, but you know, it's out of my control, thats all I can do is get behind our QB. As for a bad day in TC - it happens, he'll bounce back.

I've said it in another thread our WRs, in my mind, as a unit are now a strength of this team - Watkins, Woods, Kupp and Austin are all threats. We need to get them the ball.

I know there are a lot of Mannion haters at ROD, but I really do think he looked good.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, they did.... But then Goff also shouldered the whole responsibility for the seven losses last year, when we know the problems were not restricted to his play...
To be fair the team did get worse with him at QB

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Mannion beat Dallas last year it was because he played against scrubs lol I don't think it matters what Mannion do in your eyes
I thought he was more effective last year against Dallas, dont you?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
To be fair the team did get worse with him at QB
How is that "fair"?

A rookie greenhorn coming from a spread system, (Goff) would look worse than a journeyman second-stringer, (Keenum) who has played in that offense for a few years.
The team was falling apart and that was a total desperation move to go to Goff at that point.
In my humble opinion.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is that "fair"?

A rookie greenhorn coming from a spread system, (Goff) would look worse than a journeyman second-stringer, (Keenum) who has played in that offense for a few years.
The team was falling apart and that was a total desperation move to go to Goff at that point.
In my humble opinion.
Well because the team got worse in every offensive category when he became QB that's not going after Goff that's simply stating a fact

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought he was more effective last year against Dallas, dont you?
Touchdowns yes, overall play he looked better, he made more big time throws he avoided sacks threw on the move took some big hits converted multiple third downs converted a 4th down. Last year the team wasn't fumbling and tossing snaps 20 yards the wrong direction. Tell me if Mannion would have threw a touchdown pass then what would be your assessment of him

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Well, you're good and worked up now.

Have a big day!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Touchdowns yes, overall play he looked better, he made more big time throws he avoided sacks threw on the move took some big hits converted multiple third downs converted a 4th down. Last year the team wasn't fumbling and tossing snaps 20 yards the wrong direction. Tell me if Mannion would have threw a touchdown pass then what would be your assessment of him
He wasnt remotely close to throwing a touchdown pass, team didnt even get in to the red zone.
I was much more impressed with Mannion last year. They were trailing and he moved the team.
They punted 9 times in Saturday's game. Mannion had only 144 yards. 6 points.
If you wanna say he wasnt terrible, fine. But when I see superlatives like "he played great", I just dont know what people were watching. Fortunately, Dallas couldnt move the ball for squat.
That said, I am very happy we have Sean Mannion instead of Kellen Moore

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He wasnt remotely close to throwing a touchdown pass, team didnt even get in to the red zone.
I was much more impressed with Mannion last year. They were trailing and he moved the team.
They punted 9 times in Saturday's game. Mannion had only 144 yards. 6 points.
If you wanna say he wasnt terrible, fine. But when I see superlatives like "he played great", I just dont know what people were watching. Fortunately, Dallas couldnt move the ball for squat.
That said, I am very happy we have Sean Mannion instead of Kellen Moore

I think, the he played great are from the Goff camp, I surely didn't say Mannion played great and as far as not getting close to scoring a touchdown, I think the fumbles and negative yards and dropped passes had more to do with that then Mannion.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
8 snaps later...yeah.

Lmao. Is this guy Dangerzone from RamStalk? Sounds just like him...