Goff Did Great: 3 and out was not his fault

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

C;mon man, do you really think Goff is a hopeless bust? The few reps were more for building connectedness with the first team starters and shaking off the rust. Also it was for taking into consideration veterans like Whitworth not getting too many useless reps. It's a little early to raise the white flag, isn't it?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His first throw was just plain bad, don't make excuses for him. He should have thrown it with confidence (velocity). Second throw was a bad throw, when you have NO PRESSURE, and the guy you are throwing to is WIDE OPEN, and your strength is accuracy coming out of college, I expect it BETWEEN THE NUMBERS.

Why would you put that throw between the numbers? That's going to make it harder for Gurley to run after the catch. On a throw like that, you want to elevate it and put it slightly out in front towards one side of Gurley, so he can catch it, turn, and run in a fluid motion.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would you put that throw between the numbers? That's going to make it harder for Gurley to run after the catch. On a throw like that, you want to elevate it and put it slightly out in front towards one side of Gurley, so he can catch it, turn, and run in a fluid motion.
Haters gonna hate. I thought it was a good throw too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The first team is supposed to play the 1st quarter and a few plays into the second, so we should know more about what Goff can do after that. Just a thought that what we see will be simple because they are doing little game planning in preseason, just as defenses are basic.... Probably Week One will be the first true look of the McVay Offense. Even so, you can tell that the Offense has a real leader now, vs Boras/Fisher.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do have a few nagging doubts about Goff that I didn't have immediately after the game on Saturday. As a couple have said, flv for one, I didn't like that all of Goff's passes were single read passes, which probably won't be nearly as available to him in actual games. The other thing that disturbed me was that he telegraphed his throws by staring down his target before throwing the ball. I will be focusing on that in the Oakland game.

Franchise QB's attack the defense, which I have yet to really see Goff do. I did see Mannion do that against the back ups. Goff needs to have moments where he shreds a defense. Please Jared. let the Big Dog eat...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re-watched the game and am not sure its fair to put that first drop on Woods. Liked the anticipation from Goff on the play but I dont think it was a good throw. Still, at worst a 50/50 ball to be caught and most importantly, nowhere near an INT

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re-watched the game and am not sure its fair to put that first drop on Woods. Liked the anticipation from Goff on the play but I dont think it was a good throw. Still, at worst a 50/50 ball to be caught and most importantly, nowhere near an INT
McVay and Goff both talked about thAt throw to woods and both but the blame on Goff

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
McVay and Goff both talked about thAt throw to woods and both but the blame on Goff

Yeah, must be something I'm not seeing bc Woods was clearly turned around facing the ball and should've caught it. They know better than me though.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The amazing thing is McVay already has the pieces to replicate what he did in Washington. It all depends on how fast Goff's decision-making develops.

And I think we need a G (and maybe a tackle as well, at least as depth). Blythe apparently can block, get to the next level and do some damage, etc.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
When 144 yards and 6 points is satisfactory qb play, the bar is so low there is just no discussing.
I don't dislike Mannion, I dislike poor qb play.
As for my Spruce comment, Dallas was sitting on his routes, he had no chance for yac. The short of 1st down was totally his fault, not Mannion.

Mannion was fine for a first preseason game standard.

Good to see posters in mid-season form.

Ants

Starter
His first throw was just plain bad, don't make excuses for him. He should have thrown it with confidence (velocity). Second throw was a bad throw, when you have NO PRESSURE, and the guy you are throwing to is WIDE OPEN, and your strength is accuracy coming out of college, I expect it BETWEEN THE NUMBERS.

Wow, I guess there's at least one of these on EVERY Rams forum. :blah:

KOWALSKI

Rookie
omg didn't loyaram go mental in every possible thread how awesome goff will be, no doubt. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!
8 snaps later...yeah.

goff had another horrible day at the camp. guy is a bust. get over it ramsondemand.
he will get destroyed the next two games against the raiders and chargers.

and once again the whole board will flip the moment we get rid of the montana groupie and nobody on here was ever a fan of him.

we need to find a way to get cousins, plus donald, watkins, joyner and maybe ogletree.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, must be something I'm not seeing bc Woods was clearly turned around facing the ball and should've caught it. They know better than me though.
Yeah I didn't understand it either but they said Goff should have timed the throw better

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
omg didn't loyaram go mental in every possible thread how awesome goff will be, no doubt. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!
8 snaps later...yeah.

goff had another horrible day at the camp. guy is a bust. get over it ramsondemand.
he will get destroyed the next two games against the raiders and chargers.

and once again the whole board will flip the moment we get rid of the montana groupie and nobody on here was ever a fan of him.

we need to find a way to get cousins, plus donald, watkins, joyner and maybe ogletree.

Cool story bro. You must be a TON of fun at parties......piss off.