Goff Did Great: 3 and out was not his fault

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The "3 and out" was not really due to poor play by him. I looked at the dvr recording of the game carefully, and our QB did a good job (you listening dieterbrock? lol) Here are the plays as I saw them for Goff's time at Center.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1st play was a pass from Goff to Robert Woods incomplete, but placed where only Woods could catch it, with two defenders in front and behind Woods.

2nd play was a hand off to Todd Gurley, while Jamon Brown was owned by the Dallas DE Lewis Neal #66 (rookie) by getting creased inside and tackling Gurley 2-3 yards behind the LOS.

3rd Play was completion from Goff to Gurley for 9-10 yards, but short of the 1st down.(Whitworth did a great job spinning LDE Taco Charlton inside away from Goff-STUD)

4th Play was a Ram's punt on 4th down, fumbled by the 'Boys returner and recovered by Ram's LB Josh Forrest at the Cowboy's 33 yard line.

5th Play was a 1-2 yard run by Gurley.

6th Play was a fake to Gurley and Goff went back to about the 45 yard line and threw to the 23 yard line a PERFECT strike to Cooper Kupp, and he took it to the 13 yard line. Again, Goff hit Kupp in stride perfectly a 22 yard pass in the air strike. (GET EXCITED RAM's FANS!)

7th play Gurley 1-2 yard loss (nowhere to go).

8th play Gurley 3-4 yard run.

9th play Perfect throw (well executed play) to Robert Woods and he made what would have been a first down to the 2 yard line but the Cowboy defender knocked the ball out and it rolled into the end zone. Kupp retrieved the fumble and scored the TD.

Screw Heath Evans at NFLN, the bastid! Goff did everything that could be asked of him.

TexasRam

Legend
You are exactly correct. And I hate to state the obvious, but on both drives Woods got primary target looks and failed. Once a dropped pass, the other a goaline fumble.

Woods is a great dude. But his role needs to be as a 3-4th WR option.

Once Mcvay and co settle in the major targets should be going to:

Watkins
Kupp
Everett
Tavon

Cooper and Woods should fill the role of
Solid backups and spelling the front 4.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are exactly correct. And I hate to state the obvious, but on both drives Woods got primary target looks and failed. Once a dropped pass, the other a goaline fumble.

Once Mcvay and co settle in the major targets should be going to:

Watkins
Kupp
Everett
Tavon

Cooper and Woods should fill the role of
Solid backups and spelling the front 4.

I think Woods will be fine. The fumble was a fluky play. And even Kupp dropped a pass today. Guys are knocking off rust. Woods should settle in as either the second or third option in our passing attack.

Scirca

Rookie
He didn't look poised to me. It is why I got annoyed because that was all I got from that one series.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He didn't look poised to me. It is why I got annoyed because that was all I got from that one series.

He looked alright to me. What did he do to make you think he wasn't poised?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Brian Quick had three catches for Washington.

Who scored a grand total of 3 points tonight at home vs Baltimore and lost by 20. I can only imagine what this board would be like had we lost a game like that. :eek:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The "3 and out" was not really due to poor play by him. I looked at the dvr recording of the game carefully, and our QB did a good job (you listening dieterbrock?
Did I criticize Goff?
Thought he looked good but was such a small sample I can't get too jacked. Although that roll out play was awesome, where was that last year???
I'm enthusiastic for Goff next game. Mannion? That's a different story

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did I criticize Goff?
Thought he looked good but was such a small sample I can't get too jacked. Although that roll out play was awesome, where was that last year???
dammit dieter, I thought I had you! I started this thread because I thought you blamed Goff for the first 3 and out performance by the Offence. I spent 20 minutes scrolling through the Game Day thread looking for what I remembered

Didn't find it!

Sorry. :bow:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The "3 and out" was not really due to poor play by him. I looked at the dvr recording of the game carefully, and our QB did a good job (you listening dieterbrock? lol) Here are the plays as I saw them for Goff's time at Center.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1st play was a pass from Goff to Robert Woods incomplete, but placed where only Woods could catch it, with two defenders in front and behind Woods.

2nd play was a hand off to Todd Gurley, while Jamon Brown was owned by the Dallas DE Lewis Neal #66 (rookie) by getting creased inside and tackling Gurley 2-3 yards behind the LOS.

3rd Play was completion from Goff to Gurley for 9-10 yards, but short of the 1st down.(Whitworth did a great job spinning LDE Taco Charlton inside away from Goff-STUD)

4th Play was a Ram's punt on 4th down, fumbled by the 'Boys returner and recovered by Ram's LB Josh Forrest at the Cowboy's 33 yard line.

5th Play was a 1-2 yard run by Gurley.

6th Play was a fake to Gurley and Goff went back to about the 45 yard line and threw to the 23 yard line a PERFECT strike to Cooper Kupp, and he took it to the 13 yard line. Again, Goff hit Kupp in stride perfectly a 22 yard pass in the air strike. (GET EXCITED RAM's FANS!)

7th play Gurley 1-2 yard loss (nowhere to go).

8th play Gurley 3-4 yard run.

9th play Perfect throw (well executed play) to Robert Woods and he made what would have been a first down to the 2 yard line but the Cowboy defender knocked the ball out and it rolled into the end zone. Kupp retrieved the fumble and scored the TD.

Screw Heath Evans at NFLN, the bastid! Goff did everything that could be asked of him.
The bottom line is Goff did just fine!! AND KUPP IS THE REAL DEAL!!(y);):yay::yess:

Scirca

Rookie
He looked alright to me. What did he do to make you think he wasn't poised?

First throw, his footwork was sloppy, and the pass was inaccurate. His next pass attempt, he almost threw it over an open Todd Gurley. He still has that deer in the headlights thing going on. His next two passes were spot on though. The more and more I see him and rewatch, the more I'm starting to see what @LACHAMP46 was saying about him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I couldn't be any happier in what I saw out of Jared Goff last night.

But I kind of figured he would look like that.

I have zero lack of faith in Goff.
Go Goff.
Go Rams.

That was the best preseason performance for a game 1 I have seen in eight or nine years out of the Rams.

Easily!..... and that's not the overdose of Kool-Aid talking.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
"See you week 3 at your place Dak." I'm bringing Sammy Watkins to the show"
rj-ochoa_-20.jpeg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I was thinking that....hold his ass accountable....Move guys that perform up the depth chart....Not only dropped the first...but then fumbled inside the redzone too?!?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quick is another player I have no animosity towards and I hope he does very well.

That said, he had to.... fill in the blank.

Me too...Now towards those who won't let his underperforming @ss fade into obscurity....:shooting:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First throw, his footwork was sloppy, and the pass was inaccurate. His next pass attempt, he almost threw it over an open Todd Gurley. He still has that deer in the headlights thing going on. His next two passes were spot on though. The more and more I see him and rewatch, the more I'm starting to see what @LACHAMP46 was saying about him

Did I just read that correctly.??

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did I criticize Goff?

What is it that you expected out of Mannion?? I'm still at a lost as to why you didn't see what Marshall and hell even Watkins saw out of him. Are you upset of the lack of deep throws of the no touchdowns because if I remember correctly when he was scoring touchdowns in preseason it was he was doing it against backups. Honestly let me know what you wanted to see out of Mannion

A55VA6

Legend
Such a small sample size, but what I did see was good. All his throws were beautiful strikes. I loved that PA rollout to Kupp. Great play design.