Goff comparison

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I have been attempting to think of a comparison from the past 30 years to Goff. I actually see a lot of Tom Brady in him. Accurate passer. Smart decision maker. Poised in the pocket.

I am not saying he will be equivalent to TB12. Just that he has the same attributes.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I’ll say this.

Under the direction of McVay, Goff will be able to be all that he can be.

We don’t yet know how high his ceiling is, of course. But I, for one, think that it might be pretty damned high.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have been trying to come up with a comparison from the past 30 years trying to determine what we can expect from Goff in the coming years. I actually see a lot of Tom Brady in him. Accurate passer. Smart decision maker. Poised in the pocket.

I am not saying he will be equivalent to TB12. Just that he has the same attributes.
Brady blows under a pass rush.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have been attempting to think of a comparison from the past 30 years to Goff. I actually see a lot of Tom Brady in him. Accurate passer. Smart decision maker. Poised in the pocket.

Think Manning would be a good comp. Goff has some different strengths of course (much better arm for example) but I think his mind is going to be something that truly sets him apart in the years to come.

McVay's offense is perfect for him too and that might end up being even more important long-term.

Oh and btw I do think Brady's a fair comp to some extent as well, as he's also a guy whose mind sets him apart.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Think Manning would be a good comp. Goff has some different strengths of course (much better arm for example) but I think his mind is going to be something that truly sets him apart in the years to come.

McVay's offense is perfect for him too and that might end up being even more important long-term.

Oh and btw I do think Brady's a fair comp to some extent as well, as he's also a guy whose mind sets him apart.
Montana. My nickname for Goff is JoeCool2.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Montana. My nickname for Goff is JoeCool2.

They do have similar demeanor.

But if I had to list Goff's weaknesses, right at the top is his throwing accuracy while on the run. He needs to work on that, and that was something Joe Cool was very good at.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
They do have similar demeanor.

But if I had to list Goff's weaknesses, right at the top is his throwing accuracy while on the run. He needs to work on that, and that was something Joe Cool was very good at.
To be clear, Goff has to grow into the comparison or the nickname... but I think he will.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I said it when they drafted him. Reminds me totally of Brady and especially this year. Both made good decisions early in their careers. If you remeber Brady was once nicknamed Captain Check Down. Goff always knows where his check down size. Neither mobile but nimble in the pocket. Both have great mid games. Goff’s deep throws are better than Brady’s where this early in his career.

Like you I’m not saying he will be as great as Brady but I’m not saying he won’t. At this stage in their careers I would say Goff is ahead of Brady if you compare Brady’s first 2 years