Goff believes he’s prepared for first NFL action

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams’ Goff believes he’s prepared for first NFL action
By The Associated Press

[www.dailyrepublic.com]

IRVINE — No matter when Jared Goff relieves starting quarterback Case Keenum or how much the rookie plays, he will be the focal point of the Los Angeles Rams’ preseason opener Saturday.

The No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 draft got a preview of what kind of attention he can expect going forward from the season premiere of “Hard Knocks,” the HBO documentary series that follows life in an NFL training camp. Goff was shown taking a ride on the Goodyear Blimp, buying electric fans so offensive players could stay cool in their dorm rooms at UC Irvine, adjusting to a pro-style scheme, and not remembering where exactly the sun rises.

Goff said Thursday he hasn’t heard back from Taylor Swift after his interest in the pop star became television fodder, but is hearing about his sunrise gaffe.

“Got a lot of grief from my friends and stuff, but I thought it was funny,” Goff said. “I know it is a TV show and they are trying to make a story line whatever that may be. That doesn’t bother me. I think it’s funny and I think it’s cool, something I can probably watch for years to come.”

Everything Goff has done during training camp has drawn plenty of interest.

Goff’s media availability attracted more than a dozen reporters Thursday, while Keenum spoke to less than half that number on Monday. While he has been taking snaps with the first team offense in closed walk-throughs, Goff’s first public work with the starters in a two-minute drill on Tuesday resulted in a barrage of questions for coach Jeff Fisher and offensive coordinator Rob Boras.

That interest will only intensify, but Goff said he isn’t paying heed to the overwhelming attention from fans and media.

“Whatever you guys say, take it with a grain of salt. It doesn’t mean much to me,” Goff said. “I don’t read anything. I don’t look at anything. I just try to do my best every day out here and get better and do the best I can.”

Goff said he believes the tempo of practice and quality of the Rams’ defense has him prepared for his first NFL action. He expects to treat it like every other game he has played in, though there will be one notable difference as he will be coming off the bench. Goff, a three-year starter at California, didn’t remember the last time he did not take the first snap in a game.

“In football, I don’t know,” Goff said.

Goff didn’t know how much he would play against the Dallas Cowboys either.

“I’ll go in whenever they tell me to go in and go out wherever they tell me to go out,” Goff said, “I don’t think that is up to me.”

NOTES: Fisher hasn’t divvied up playing time just yet, but indicated starters would likely play two or three series before exiting. A handful of players might not make their preseason debut until Week 2, he added. … Fisher is certain that no one is more excited to see the Cowboys than Rams center Tim Barnes, left guard Cody Wichmann and right guard Jamon Brown, not even the expected crowd of nearly 90,000. “Our interior have had just about enough of (All-Pro defensive tackle) Aaron Donald, so they are looking forward to lining up against someone else,” Fisher said.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Give Keenum his two series and put Goff in the rest of the first half. Gotta leave at least a few starters in for Goff. He needs to work with the starters at some point.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Fisher makes a good point. Can you imagine how crappy it would be to try to block Aaron Donald every single day?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sounds like he get it... very even keeled and calm...I'm looking for good things from Goff tomorrow...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give Keenum his two series and put Goff in the rest of the first half. Gotta leave at least a few starters in for Goff. He needs to work with the starters at some point.
Goff will be playing through the third from what I remember hearing

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to temper our expectations for the young man...Maybe 200 yards passing and two TD's by the half?:yess:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I'm excited...it will be fun to watch Goff. I'm sure the cowboys will leave their first string defense in the game when Goff comes in the game to rattle our young rookie. We will see how he responds. GO RAMS!