Goff Beginning to Find His Rhythm... M.Simmons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goff Beginning to Find His Rhythm

Myles Simmons
Rams Insider 06/13/2016

[www.therams.com]

The Rams have completed two weeks of organized team activities, and as they begin their third with a practice on Monday afternoon, rookie quarterback Jared Goff is beginning to feel more and more at home on the field.

“I feel good. I feel like I’ve progressed,” Goff said after Friday’s session. “I feel like there have been ups and downs through the two weeks, but I feel like I’ve gotten a lot better. I’ve learned so much more. I’ve become so much more comfortable.”

Offensive coordinator Rob Boras also said last week he’s noticed the progress the young QB has made over the last two weeks.

“We’ve been real pleased with Jared,” Boras said. “The one thing, I know it’s been said, is he works really hard at it. And he’s a very prideful man. He’s going to only keep getting better the more comfortable that he gets.”

Mastering an NFL offense is no easy task for a rookie quarterback. It’s one requiring patience and an acknowledgement that there are going to be challenges to overcome. And for some players accustomed to a certain level of success, that can be particularly frustrating.

Goff, however, has an even-keel attitude that appears to be an advantage for him when it comes to his learning process.

“I don’t think you can get frustrated,” Goff said. “I’ve said it before — it’s not going to happen overnight. I’m not going to get to where I want to be overnight. No one ever has and no one ever will.

“I’ve only had six practices in the NFL — it’s going to take a few more practices than that to get to where I want to be,” Goff continued. “And then even when you think you’re where you want to be, you keep going. I think it’s just a process. It’s never ending and it’s something that I plan to embrace and take head-on.”

Goff said his pragmatic, practical outlook just comes from his years of experience playing the game at its various levels.

“This is my 15th or 16th year of football, and a lot of these guys — [because] they have been playing for a while — have the same type of attitudes,” Goff said. “Especially for me being new and being a rookie, I understand there’s going to be a lot of learning. [There is] just stuff you’re going to learn from and try to eliminate. Once you do it wrong, you try to eliminate and do it right the next time.

“You’re never going to perfect,” Goff added. “You strive to be, but early on you’re learning a lot and thinking a lot. But, like I said, it’s a process that I’m working on and getting better at every day.”

Boras has taken notice of Goff’s strong work ethic, saying it may be one aspect of the young quarterback that has been a pleasant surprise.

“Just watching him, the way he goes about in the classroom, the pride he’s taken — we’ve all heard how competitive he is. And you feel it,” Boras said. “And those are probably more of the intangible things that are the real pleasant surprises, because we knew the ability he had as a passer.”

Aside from the progress Goff made on the field, last week was a busy one off it for the No. 1 overall pick. On Monday, Goff and the Rams’ 2016 draftees attended an L.A. Dodgers game where the quarterback threw out the first pitch. As a Bay Area native, Goff admitted he’s gotten a bit of grief for donning the Dodger blue.

“But, I’m living in L.A. now, I play in L.A. now — I’m going to embrace the fans and embrace the teams here,” Goff said. “It wasn’t as hard as people made it seem.”

Then Goff signed his rookie contract on Thursday afternoon. Since the latest CBA was enacted in 2011, drafted player deals are slotted, which significantly expedites the process of getting them done.

“I’m excited to get it behind me and focus on football — and really I have been,” Goff said. “I’ve felt like I was a part of the team since the moment they picked me. It was almost a formality.”

After the draftees signed their contracts, all the rookies headed out on a celebratory excursion through Los Angeles. One stop was the Warner Bros. studio tour, during which Goff was photographed on a Harry Potter broomstick at a green screen. The quarterback said he was a fan of the series growing up, but didn’t go under the famed Sorting Hat on this particular visit.

“I did the sorting hat at media day last year,” he said, “and it was Gryffindor, and I was like, ‘I’m not doing it again. It could be something bad.’”

Now as OTAs head into their final week, based on head coach Jeff Fisher’s previous comments, it’s fair to assume Goff will spend time with the first-team offense at some point over the next few days. Should the opportunity arise, the quarterback said, he’ll look to take advantage of it.

“I don’t know what’s going happen. Obviously, again, not up to me,” Goff said. “But, if that happens, I’ll be excited.”

Most of all, Goff wants to do everything he can to stay in the rhythm he’s found over the last few practices.

“Just continue to improve and soak in the playbook, and continue to understand everything and start to make stuff second nature,” Goff said. “I think this week was a good week for me to start to really get in a little bit of a rhythm of things and start to feel more natural, more second nature. Like I said, stuff was starting to click a little bit more. I think just to continue to improve that next week would be great.”

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This stage is not too big for our young Harry Potter. Once he gets on the big stage with the "green screen" behind him, I think he'll do fine.

There may even be a sequel.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This stage is not too big for our young Harry Potter.

iWKad22.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Speaking of Harry Potter... and the actor Daniel Radcliff. Some people are just born insanely talented in ways that are almost freakish. He's a very good actor, of course.... but check this out if you haven't seen it.

Fast forward to 1:05 and watch how fast he gets. I could't get the first sentence out, let alone after the first minute or so.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Speaking of Harry Potter... and the actor Daniel Radcliff. Some people are just born insanely talented in ways that are almost freakish. He's a very good actor, of course.... but check this out if you haven't seen it.

Fast forward to 1:05 and watch how fast he gets. I could't get the first sentence out, let alone after the first minute or so.

That was crazy. Awesome shit.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
If Jared can process his responsibilities as quickly as Radcliffe, we may actually have something here.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
“This is my 15th or 16th year of football, and a lot of these guys — [because] they have been playing for a while — have the same type of attitudes,” Goff said.
And all of them have been as a QB....QB since 7 years old....I like this guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He again proves he's amazing that was just wow.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh...I prefer Emma Watson myself.
She's definitely nice and easy on the eyes. But he's turning into a pretty darned good actor. I liked him in that Lady in Black I think it was called the scary flick he did.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
She's definitely nice and easy on the eyes. But he's turning into a pretty darned good actor. I liked him in that Lady in Black I think it was called the scary flick he did.

I concur, he has depth and I expect even greater things from him.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Dammit, I was at the WB from 8:00 - 12:00 and did not see Goff and the boyz. Bummer the Tour goes right through where I was working. Wish I had known I would have adjusted my schedule.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I concur, he has depth and I expect even greater things from him.

When he was given the lead role in the latest revival of How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, I figured it was purely for his fame. But while he's not a great singer (and neither is Matthew Broderick, who had the lead in the previous revival) he more than held his own dancing, and didn't embarrass himself musically either.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Reminds me of this,

View: https://youtu.be/DpwV-Xp4YGo