Godell Says Schedule Will Celebrate Los Angeles....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Daily Dose: Could SoFi Stadium host the 2020 NFL season-opener?

Throughout the offseason, theRams.com will be taking a look around the internet for the top Rams headlines of the day. Here's a look at what's out there for Thursday, January 30 about your Los Angeles Rams.

During his state of the league address from Miami on Wednesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was asked by Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times about possibly kicking off the 2020 regular season at SoFi Stadium. Goodell indicated he is open doing so.

View: https://twitter.com/andrewsiciliano/status/1222585367225749504?s=21

Multiple factors will be going into that decision, including relaunching two teams in Los Angeles via a new stadium plus one in Las Vegas, the league's 100th birthday on Sept. 17 and the Super Bowl LIV champion, according to Goodell. The league historically has had the defending Super Bowl champion play in primetime, but that obligation can be fulfilled by having that team can play on either Thursday night or Sunday night. Goodell said the natural acclimation period that comes with a new stadium also comes into consideration.
Even if SoFi Stadium did not end up hosting the regular season-opener, it would still be a candidate for a primetime game during the season.

View: https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1222585698924081157?s=21

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Asked today if the NFL might give either the Rams or the Chargers the annual Thursday night opener in the new Los Angeles stadium, Goodell said he wasn’t prepared to say that.
I will be so pissed if they have the renters open the season in OUR HOUSE! It would be a big FU by the NFL in my eyes.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Cowboys vs. Rams will be the home-opener. Book it.

And I will be there!

oldnotdead

Legend
Realistically I see the Rams opening on Monday night. I see the Raiders opening on Sunday night. Monday night is a bigger stage than either Sunday or Thursday.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1580716257661.png