Go toward the light my Ram friends!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was also part of that original gang (at least I think it was the original LOL).

You will be missed Alan.

WTF is wrong with me..........I have to start drinking more or something how the fuck did I leave you off the list.............

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As we say in the Navy: Fair winds and following seas to you and family brother.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Good luck, hope you have a change of heart and come back I really enjoyed you're posts.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Sorry to see you leave the board and the Rams ... Alan.
But I have a strong feeling that you will be un-able to NOT watch Gurley run next season with the rest of us!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Have lost a lot of good members(maybe..?). Hope many come back after the initial heartbreak ends. I feel it too, but know it will subside and I wont stop following them. Hope to see you back here Alan, and the rest who have left.
This makes me happy Tron.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will answer everyone of these posts in the next couple of days. I've been very busy with with my friends wife lately but not that it's the weekend and his kids can take over I'll have the time.

Alan

Legend
VegasRam feeling the love:
Admire what you're doing for your friend - simply cannot imagine dealing with that.

I thought I'd answer this one first because my friend (and his wife) are special to me.He's more than just a friend, he's a famous friend. :LOL: He and his wife are both 86 years old and his older brother is 91 years old so he probably has some time left. He wrote (along with his daughter), a book about part of his life that I edited. They sell it on Amazon but if anyone wants one let me know first.
The Nine Lives of Julius
A True Story of Survival
By Ilona Reinitzer (his daughter)
The Nine Lives of Julius is the untold true story of a young man whose life was forever changed by World War II and its aftermath. Th is is a tale of survival, friendship, and love. As a teenager, Julius was taken by the Nazis to work in a labor camp outside of Auschwitz. After escaping the labor camp, he joined the Czech underground where he fought against the Nazis during the Czech uprising. After the war, the communists attempted to arrest him for helping his twin brother escape Czechoslovakia. He had to immediately fl ee without a farewell to his family or his fi rst true love. As a young man, he performed espionage missions against the communists. On one of these missions, he was shot and captured by the Czech border police. He spent the next several years in communist prison and labor camps. Eventually, Julius escapes the labor camps and flees into Germany where he joins with a new unit of the US Army called the Green Berets. Julius' compelling story tells about wartime hardships and how he somehow managed to cheat death so many times. His story reveals the good in people and of the wonderful friendships that helped him to survive.

She just sits there in a chair all day and Julius isn't strong enough to lift her to the bathroom or handle many of her other needs. Sometimes she recognizes me and Julius but most of the time she doesn't. She like's being read to though. I just pretend to read the book and tell her stories. Fortunately, I have a lot of stories and I can tell her the same ones anytime I want. :)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I thought I'd answer this one first because my friend (and his wife) are special to me.He's more than just a friend, he's a famous friend. :LOL: He and his wife are both 86 years old and his older brother is 91 years old so he probably has some time left. He wrote (along with his daughter), a book about part of his life that I edited. They sell it on Amazon but if anyone wants one let me know first.
The Nine Lives of Julius
A True Story of Survival
The Nine Lives of Julius is the untold true story of a young man whose life was forever changed by World War II and its aftermath. Th is is a tale of survival, friendship, and love. As a teenager, Julius was taken by the Nazis to work in a labor camp outside of Auschwitz. After escaping the labor camp, he joined the Czech underground where he fought against the Nazis during the Czech uprising. After the war, the communists attempted to arrest him for helping his twin brother escape Czechoslovakia. He had to immediately fl ee without a farewell to his family or his fi rst true love. As a young man, he performed espionage missions against the communists. On one of these missions, he was shot and captured by the Czech border police. He spent the next several years in communist prison and labor camps. Eventually, Julius escapes the labor camps and flees into Germany where he joins with a new unit of the US Army called the Green Berets. Julius' compelling story tells about wartime hardships and how he somehow managed to cheat death so many times. His story reveals the good in people and of the wonderful friendships that helped him to survive.

She just sits there in a chair all day and Julius isn't strong enough to lift her to the bathroom or handle many of her other needs. Sometimes she recognizes me and Julius but most of the time she doesn't. She like's being read to though. I just pretend to read the book and tell her stories. Fortunately, I have a lot of stories and I can tell her the same ones anytime I want. :)
They're blessed to have you , Alan.

Alan

Legend
Sorry about not answering all the posts from my old and new friends here in a more timely fashion. :(

I've been thinking about my decision and while my passion for the Rams is gone, my passion for football isn't. I can't think of a better place than the ROD to talk about football (though I'll limit it to stuff about the Rams) so I've decided not to hang up my cleats just yet. I'm not sure how this will work but... In any case, I would have missed so many of you and now that door is still open if only a crack.

BTW, I'm open to running another mock draft this year if there's interest.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sorry about not answering all the posts from my old and new friends here in a more timely fashion. :(

I've been thinking about my decision and while my passion for the Rams is gone, my passion for football isn't. I can't think of a better place than the ROD to talk about football (though I'll limit it to stuff about the Rams) so I've decided not to hang up my cleats just yet. I'm not sure how this will work but... In any case, I would have missed so many of you and now that door is still open if only a crack.

We have a sticky thread for one. If you'd like to be commish again at least, that would be awesome

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

Good to hear you're sticking around Alan. And what you're doing for your friends is above and beyond.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Nine Lives of Julius
A True Story of Survival

So glad to hear you'll be hanging with us Alan. And hats off to your efforts in helping a friend in such a huge way. I lost my mother this past May. She had suffered from Alzheimers for a decade so I know how hard of a task you have helping out. I would love to read about Julius. It sounds like a fascinating story. Thanks for what you are doing and thanks for hanging around. We'd hate for you to miss this upcoming Rams Super Bowl party we are going to have very very soon.
(y)

nighttrain

Legend
Damn, another ROD stalwart @Alan don't lose touch. You're one of the people that I hold in high regard and respect on here, and you've become a friend.

This day sucks!
Alan, you cant go, i just wont allow it!

At least stop in once a week or so, please
train

ps so damn happy you had a change of heart

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Bless you @Alan . You are a good and caring man. Super geeked that you are sticking around too. We need more people like you. The world needs more people like you. Welcome back!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Alan, count me as another who is glad you will still be around.

For lack of a better term, the move to LA capsized my Rams vessel and I'm still learning how to swim in these waters... but I'm not letting go. I love the team and enjoy the people here too much to move on.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

THAT'S the spirit, Alan!

You're a valued poster and would have been sorely missed.

We're on the verge, man. Glad you're gonna be here to enjoy the ride.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie

Glad your sticking around Alan. You never know maybe you'll change your mind about the Rams in time. The horns have a way of pulling us back in.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've decided that I can no longer support the Rams with their present owner. I'm not replacing them with a different team, I'll just not be paying much attention to football in the future. I haven't had much time to post here lately anyway because I'm now taking care of a friends wife who's suffering from Alzheimer's.

I just wanted to thank all the various owners, mods and posters of this forum who've made it the best football forum on the planet. I've made many friends here and I'll miss them all. This is just the embodiment of the yin in life's yin and yang.

I'm not quitting cold turkey as I'll be here until Friday. :(

:grouphug:
I hope your around more than you think you will be!! Your input, as a Rams Fan has been Great!! Best wishes to your friends wife!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

:yess: because :icare: