Go toward the light my Ram friends!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
I've decided that I can no longer support the Rams with their present owner. I'm not replacing them with a different team, I'll just not be paying much attention to football in the future. I haven't had much time to post here lately anyway because I'm now taking care of a friends wife who's suffering from Alzheimer's.

I just wanted to thank all the various owners, mods and posters of this forum who've made it the best football forum on the planet. I've made many friends here and I'll miss them all. This is just the embodiment of the yin in life's yin and yang.

I'm not quitting cold turkey as I'll be here until Friday. :(

:grouphug:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've decided that I can no longer support the Rams with their present owner. I'm not replacing them with a different team, I'll just not be paying much attention to football in the future. I haven't had much time to post here lately anyway because I'm now taking care of a friends wife who's suffering from Alzheimer's.

I just wanted to thank all the various owners, mods and posters of this forum who've made it the best football forum on the planet. I've made many friends here and I'll miss them all. This is just the embodiment of the yin in life's yin and yang.

Alan you might be the only one I will ask this of...........

Please stay, I read your post and said out loud "no don't go"

:icare:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Damn, another ROD stalwart @Alan don't lose touch. You're one of the people that I hold in high regard and respect on here, and you've become a friend.

This day sucks!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Gotta do what you gotta do - you'll be missed.
Admire what you're doing for your friend - simply cannot imagine dealing with that.

A55VA6

Legend
Man... I really hope you don't go. If your decision is final - I wish you the best. I'll miss ya man! Take care..

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Alan I have always enjoyed your posts going back probably near 10 years now. You have always been a great guy on these Ram boards. I respect what ever your decision is but just know you will be missed greatly if you were no longer posting. Like Les I don't say these things to just anyone. Your mean something to us. I hope you remember that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh... I know how to get him back...

McDonald is the best free safety playing in the NFL. :fighting:

Seriously though Alan. Don't make me hunt you down. Come back on here if for no other reason than to shoot the shit with us from time to time.

Your friend always.

Stu

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Good luck with your friend's wife Alan.

Even though we have never agreed on Coach Fisher,,, I've enjoyed your thoughts and posts.

Keep em coming Man.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Alan I have always enjoyed your posts going back probably near 10 years now. You have always been a great guy on these Ram boards. I respect what ever your decision is but just know you will be missed greatly if you were no longer posting. Like Les I don't say these things to just anyone. Your mean something to us. I hope you remember that.

This leaves just you and I from the old Huddle. Or am I missing someone? Just had this come to mind........you and I have posted on boards together for going on 15 years right?

@Alan if you leave I be unhappy. I hope things work out with your friends wife.

EDIT: How could I forget @PA Ram and @Ozoneranger .......shame on me I'm embarrassed

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

I've been a ROD faithful since it first climbed out of the chaos and primordial troll soup that was the PD board. I don't interact with a whole lot of posters, but read this site faithfully.

I don't mean it as a slight towards any other posters (because we do have some of the best and brightest here), but the Rams, and moreover us here at ROD, really can't afford to lose the likes of you, Alan. As many have said across this site over the last 24 hours or so; I hope you're able to take some time to heal and find yourself still coming back to this team after some fresh air. I feel for all of my Ramily.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Have lost a lot of good members(maybe..?). Hope many come back after the initial heartbreak ends. I feel it too, but know it will subside and I wont stop following them. Hope to see you back here Alan, and the rest who have left.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think a lot of this is just shock. Once the fire cools, they will all remember that the brothers here are half of what was special. Take your break @Alan then come back and see us.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I thought for over twenty years that I'd be very happy today...but it's sad indeed. :shades:

F. Mulder

Starter
This leaves just you and I from the old Huddle. Or am I missing someone? Just had this come to mind........you and I have posted on boards together for going on 15 years right?

@Alan if you leave I be unhappy. I hope things work out with your friends wife.

EDIT: How could I forget @PA Ram and @Ozoneranger .......shame on me I'm embarrassed

I was also part of that original gang (at least I think it was the original LOL).

You will be missed Alan.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

What you are doing in caring for someone with Alzheimer's is a far greater thing than anything Rams related. What a blessing. You are part of an exodus and you all will be missed. Please know that this place is more than just the Rams, it was always the campfire around which we gathered. You are all always welcome. Remember that. And please remember that what we've shared as fans and human beings no team owner can tarnish if we keep and cherish what we've shared.

An Irish Blessing to all that find it In their hearts that their journeys lead other places:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back
And the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Half these guys will certainly return, kinda like how X laid it down on his ledgendary melt down a few years back on Ramstalk

It's just too much a part of you/us

I got you as one of us Alan, the "light" WILL draw you back, you can fight it but give in you "Shirley" will.

Besides, as former pickem champ... You can't let your lousy this past year be you last (can't use blue font on a cell)

Last edited: