Go Saints, Falcons, Vikings and Giants!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They win and should the Rams as expected lose to SEA we could get the Nr. 8 overall pick.

Based on the DVC the Rams then could move up to #2 overall for their #1 in 2015 plus our number 1 in 2016 and another 2nd rounder or a veteran player (Jenkins, Johnson for example) for a chance to select Winston or Mariota.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paceram

Pro Bowler
They win and should the Rams as expected lose to SEA we could get the Nr. 8 overall pick.

Based on the DVC the Rams then could move up to #2 overall for their #1 in 2015 plus our number 1 in 2016 and another 2nd rounder or a veteran player (Jenkins, Johnson for example) for a chance to select Winston or Mariota.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which QB would do you prefer and do you think the Rams will actually consider it or do you think they will take another chance that Sam Bradford can get healthy and stay healthy?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which QB would do you prefer and do you think the Rams will actually consider it or do you think they will take another chance that Sam Bradford can get healthy and stay healthy?

IMO the Rams won't do it and I don't think the Buccaneers will move down they will take Mariota the question looms will the Titans trade down in order for the team trading up to get Winston? Not sure because Whisenhunt realizes that you need a QB to win, but if he feels Zach Mettenberger is the guy then they very well could be open to a trade.

In the end I concur with other scenarios that have the Rams making a trade with Tampa Bay for Mike Glennon and bringing back Bradford and going from there.

FRO

Legend
You really think the Bucs and Titans would trade down over getting their QB? Don't you think the Jets would have more to offer?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You really think the Bucs and Titans would trade down over getting their QB? Don't you think the Jets would have more to offer?

I don't think the Bucs will, but the Titans could and do the Jets have more to offer? IDK, will they? The Jets will have a regime change both at GM and Head Coach so will they actually make an offer to move up?

One thing is a given Mariota will go to the Bucs the question looms, will the Titans want to select Winston? If not, then a trade is possible and IMO, the Rams have a far better chance trading up from 8 than 12.

FRO

Legend
I don't think the Bucs will, but the Titans could and do the Jets have more to offer? IDK, will they? The Jets will have a regime change both at GM and Head Coach so will they actually make an offer to move up?

One thing is a given Mariota will go to the Bucs the question looms, will the Titans want to select Winston? If not, then a trade is possible and IMO, the Rams have a far better chance trading up from 8 than 12.
Jets have a better pick to trade.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Our QB situation is much better than theirs. I don't see how we will be able to trade all those picks and fix our offensive line in one offseason.

I concur that the Rams need to fix the offensive line, but not sure that the Rams Quarterback situation is better that the Jets. With a healthy Bradford than you're correct, but without that IMO the QB situation is equal. Both teams do not have one with Vick and Hill being free agents and the Rams with Davis and the Jets with Smith.

FRO

Legend
I concur that the Rams need to fix the offensive line, but not sure that the Rams Quarterback situation is better that the Jets. With a healthy Bradford than you're correct, but without that IMO the QB situation is equal. Both teams do not have one with Vick and Hill being free agents and the Rams with Davis and the Jets with Smith.
Bradford on one leg is better than Smith fully healthy. Davis is better than Smith.

I'm not sure there's anything I hate more than a regime that could potentially be fired halfway through next season trading away future picks, all it does is potentially makes it harder to find a replacement, if you can't win with 6 first round picks I'm not going to give you a 7th.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want the Rams to lose. And I'd be surprised if they traded up that high too. But of course I'd like the Rams to get as high a pick as possible at this point - either they get a player they want, or it's more valuable in trade to recoup the picks from the Barron trade. The difference between #12 and #8 is getting a fourth and sixth rounder, AND a future mid rounder too - possibly even a seventh rounder this year in addition. Or swapping upwards in other rounds AND getting an additional pick or two.

Or, of course, if there's a player they really want, being able to pick him at #8.