Glennon Could Yield 3rd Round Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Strange amount they're asking since they absolutely don't seem to like him at all given how much they've plugged him in and then yanked him back out of the starter's role. Tells me they don't value him much.

So why should other teams value him at a 3rd?

Competition and desperation.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Strange amount they're asking since they absolutely don't seem to like him at all given how much they've plugged him in and then yanked him back out of the starter's role. Tells me they don't value him much.

So why should other teams value him at a 3rd?
Well other teams apparently require his service now. A bird in the hand is worth a 3rd round pick I suppose. Tampa doesn't need to dump him, he's a luxury at this point, and a luxury that isn't costing them anything. If they're forced to hang onto him, they have a backup that knows the offense and can play. They're dealing from a position of power, and with each team that inquires about him, it just adds fuel to the asking price I suppose.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I've always wondered why a QB who couldn't start in Tampa is seen as a semi-jewel in a trade scenario...Obviously there could things I don'r see or know about, but I'm not real interested in him at almost any price...

My impression is that it is a prefference/personal issue. He had starting job and did well (not great, but not bad for a first year guy). Team had a coaching change and the new coach wanted "his guy". He got benched, and many feel he did not get a fair shot with the new coach. This happens often when a new coach comes in (not just at the QB position).

With the weak crop of QB choices out there many think his potential was never really tapped and maybe he can be good given another shot.

To be clear he did not light it up, but he did not "bomb" either. He has no health issues to speak of, and cost less than a$1mil per year through 2016.

Not to take a shot at the coach, but Lovie (who is the new coach) has done this in the past where he undervalued a piece from the previous regime (replace London with Duncan????????). Like I say other teams/coaches/organizations do this also.

ram007

Starter
YES PLEASE! Have him Back up Bradford and spend the rest of picks on oline.

Trade Bradford to anyone who gives even a 6th round pick to Rams.
Send a 4th round pick to Tampa for Glennon.

Now, money saved from Bradford trade can be paid to Mike Glennon and to sign all of our entire rookie class (that may include a first round or 2nd round QB drafted). I see a lot of upside to this transaction.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not to take a shot at the coach, but Lovie (who is the new coach) has done this in the past where he undervalued a piece from the previous regime (replace London with Duncan????????). Like I say other teams/coaches/organizations do this also.

Don't be shy, take a shot - it's well deserved. Lovie convinced Martz to dump Fletcher for Duncan, and as a result the Rams made one of their worst (if not THE worst) FA decisions in franchise history. Letting London walk cost us more than a MLB, it cost our D a leader, a heart, and a soul.

And this past year, Lovie wasted a season that could have been used to develop a young QB so that he could instead start a retread because said retread was "his guy". Now his guy has just been cut.

If I'm the Buccaneers ownership, I don't let Lovie anywhere near personnel evaluation, he's demonstrably bad at it.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Don't be shy, take a shot - it's well deserved. Lovie convinced Martz to dump Fletcher for Duncan, and as a result the Rams made one of their worst (if not THE worst) FA decisions in franchise history. Letting London walk cost us more than a MLB, it cost our D a leader, a heart, and a soul.

And this past year, Lovie wasted a season that could have been used to develop a young QB so that he could instead start a retread because said retread was "his guy". Now his guy has just been cut.

If I'm the Buccaneers ownership, I don't let Lovie anywhere near personnel evaluation, he's demonstrably bad at it.

LOL....all true!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
LOL....all true!

The McCown over Glennon thing is baffling. I mean, what's the worst thing that could have happened by starting Glennon over McCown? They go 2-14 and end up with the first pick of the draft? Oh, wait ...