Give MJD 5 million for 1 year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Plus D Rich - we're set at RB IMO. We have way more rgent needs than that.

Like what though? It may not be an area of need, but it could be one of impact. The way I see it Cunningham is the only one that can fill in Stacys shoes in this offense. Backs that can't run between the tackles have no place in this offense. He's a good cat, but he's a MAJOR step down from Zac Stacy. Trust me he is. What happens when Stacy goes down then?

He's the perfect 1 year splash player. Who else in FA right now could the Rams sign with the $ they have left? There's no one near talented or young enough to spread out the money over multiple years. Maybe sign Ryan Clark to a 1 year deal idk, but I still think MJD might have a bigger impact.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Did Zac die? Why is everyone looking to replace him? With guys like Chris Johnson no less.

No need for overpriced RBs some of which aren't even all that great.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams will draft a RB somewhere in this draft. Book it!
Anyone care to call me on that with ROD dollars? :bueller:

duckhunter

Starter
I really like Dave Fluellen, Toledo, in the 6th. 6' 225. Good vision, no hesitation, between the tackles runner with slippery, forward lean. 1600 yds two years ago and over 1000 last year on a gimpy wheel. Great hands out of the backfield, did I say no hesitation, runs with a purpose, makes the first tackler miss and gains maximum yards against the next guy.

Other than Pead, Snisher has done well finding decent young RBs out of the draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I really like Dave Fluellen, Toledo, in the 6th. 6' 225. Good vision, no hesitation, between the tackles runner with slippery, forward lean. 1600 yds two years ago and over 1000 last year on a gimpy wheel. Great hands out of the backfield, did I say no hesitation, runs with a purpose, makes the first tackler miss and gains maximum yards against the next guy.

Other than Pead, Snisher has done well finding decent young RBs out of the draft.
I haven't seen anything on your guy. I'll look at him.
My guy in the late rounds is Marion Grice, ASU.
6' 204 lbs
2013 numbers in the Pac 12:
191 carries for 996 yrds 14 TD's 5.2/carry
50 receptions for 438 yrds 6 TD's 8.8/rec

My take: Very versatile,intelligent. Good hands,above average running power for a back his size. Can run inside or outside. Decent but not great speed.
He didn't participate at the combine in order to fully heal from a lower leg injury in November. His pro day is scheduled for April 8th(late). His stock is falling, understandably, and as a result he'll be there in the late rds.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
More on M.Grice from CBS Draft Scout if anyone cares:

Typically, running backs leading the country in scoring are no-nonsense bulldozing touchdown-scoring vultures.

Arizona State's Marion Grice, whose 13.5 points per game is nearly two full points more than his closest competitor is that and more, making the 6-0, 207-pound senior an intriguing prospect for NFL scouts.

With 18 touchdowns scored over the first eight games of the 2013 season, Grice has emerged as a legitimate star at the collegiate level and potentially one of the top senior running backs in the 2014 draft class.

Grice possesses a relatively long, lean frame for the running back position. His stature leads to a somewhat upright running style that, frankly, isn't conducive to what one might normally associate with a redzone scoring threat. While his natural leverage isn't ideal, Grice attacks holes when they are there, showing good downhill burst, the vision to set up blocks and the ability to spin off would-be tacklers to generate yardage (and scores) after contact.

What makes Grice special - and a potentially very intriguing prospect for the NFL - is his ability to catch the ball.

The Sun Devils use Grice in a variety of ways. Rather than just line him up in the traditional I-formation and pound way, Grice is often released on quick passes and even split out wide as a receiver. There, his soft hands and unique body control for the position is displayed.

Grice is a natural receiver, showing the ability to quickly pluck the ball outside of his frame, corral it and make the first defender miss in one, fluid motion.

Grice's ability on third down isn't limited to his ability to catch the football. Grice is an alert and active pass blocker, who locates would-be sack artists quickly and is willing to give himself up to help his quarterback, junior Taylor Kelly, find other options downfield.

Grice's lean build and lack of elite straight-line speed isn't what NFL scouts are looking for in a traditional bell-cow running back. However, his ability to help on all downs - especially on third down - could help him earn one of the top grades among seniors at the position and potentially emerge as a versatile and very valuable component to an NFL offense in the not-too-distant future.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...marion-grice-is-nice-especially-on-third-down

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Like what though? It may not be an area of need, but it could be one of impact. The way I see it Cunningham is the only one that can fill in Stacys shoes in this offense. Backs that can't run between the tackles have no place in this offense. He's a good cat, but he's a MAJOR step down from Zac Stacy. Trust me he is. What happens when Stacy goes down then?

He's the perfect 1 year splash player. Who else in FA right now could the Rams sign with the $ they have left? There's no one near talented or young enough to spread out the money over multiple years. Maybe sign Ryan Clark to a 1 year deal idk, but I still think MJD might have a bigger impact.

Sorry bruddah man, but I disagree big time. Personally, I loved the FA signing of Cunningham last year and did not expect him to play until this year since he was recovering from his injury. The fact that he played and played WELL should be cause for optimism around these here parts. Dude averaged 5.6 YPC and displayed good vision and burst through the line. If not for the ghost of Bud Adams knocking that ball loose when he was going in for the TD vs Tennessee, I think he would have gotten more playing time. I think he offers a LOT of the same things that Stacy does and these 2 bruisers can wear a defense down. Throw in a lil DRich and/or Pead and I think we are more than set at RB. I gives a fluck about making a FA "splash" this offseason. If there is value to be had, go for it, but I wouldn't overpay at a position we look to be set at.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Did Zac die? Why is everyone looking to replace him? With guys like Chris Johnson no less.

I agree with you, i'm not necessarily looking to replace Stacy. I love what he brings, i'd just really like to see a complimentary RB who can do more. A 3rd down back-type who can pass protect and run routes...and also be able to run between the tackles and outside in a complimentary role. Basically all the things we thought we were gonna get with Pead but haven't.
smilol.gif

DRich had a rough year and Benny the Jet looked good but i worry about his ball security.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I don't think anyone is looking to replace him but having better depth is a good idea at the right price

Ram_of_Old

Zac will be fine when we shore up the OL. 1400 yards this year....

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't think anyone is looking to replace him but having better depth is a good idea at the right price

I get that, but I doubt MJD and Johnson are looking to come and sit behind some young guy, MJD still has something to offer and is probably looking for somebody who'll contend sure thing.

We all know about Johnson, I doubt being shopped around is going to humble him.