Giordino's Injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I see S Matt Giordino survived the first set of cuts, even though he hasn't been on the field in pre-season or practiced at TC. I've been looking to see what is his injury and can't find a thing. What kind of injury does he have and how long is he expected to be out?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/411389/matt-giordano" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/pl ... t-giordano</a>
*** The Rams scratched the following players for Saturday night's preseason game in Denver: S Darian Stewart (knee); S Matt Giordano (calf); LB Jabara Williams (hamstring); DE/LB Sammy Brown (calf); OT Joe Barksdale (infection); OL Sean Hooey (ankle); OL Graham Pocic (shoulder).

I have no clue on the timetable.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
bubbaramfan said:
I see S Matt Giordino survived the first set of cuts, even though he hasn't been on the field in pre-season or practiced at TC. I've been looking to see what is his injury and can't find a thing. What kind of injury does he have and how long is he expected to be out?

He injured his calf on the 3rd day of training camp. Which precludes them from putting him on the PUP list. Since his salary is the "vets" minimum it was only going to partially count against the salary cap. It would not surprise me to see them place him on IR, and keep him around all season. His veteran presence is why they brought him here in the first place. HE would be good "in the room", even if he isn't on the field.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Because he's been in the league for a while his minimum is a lot more than many of the players that will make this team. That means his extra salary will count against the CAP(plus what a first year rookie minimum is paid). With only $215K or $275K (I forget which) left that might effect their decision.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
Because he's been in the league for a while his minimum is a lot more than many of the players that will make this team. That means his extra salary will count against the CAP(plus what a first year rookie minimum is paid). With only $215K or $275K (I forget which) left that might effect their decision.

agreed

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CoachO said:
albefree69 said:

agreed
I don't think Giordano has any guaranteed money, but is $555,000. cap. D. Stewart already made a $300,000 bonus which was guaranteed, but he's almost twice the cap hit @ $1 mil. 300K dead money.