Gilbert Has a Long Way to Go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Gilbert was very decisive. I thought he made some very good reads and good decisions. He got the ball to the right guys, just had the ball sailing on him, which can be expected from a kid playing in his first NFL game.
He made a throw or two that were excellent.
Davis is fun to watch but his deep ball looks like a Pop Warner special and his arm action is ugly an slow.
I want the Rams to keep QBs. It would find with me if it was Davis and Gilbert was on the PS.
Next couple of weeks would interesting.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I mean the wasted play calls that Schotty called with a run and a few subsequent calls that stalled us down and didn't let us advance any further to increase our chances to win the game. Reminds me of many games alla the Game vs. Seattle where he called bone head plays.... again with the game on the line. This is a habit I see with him. No scheme 3rd string/F/A players but you have to go for the win like Rob Ryan was doing with his defense and his play calling.
This is the nfl not madden

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
This is the nfl not madden
Exactly! Which is why you run the ball at the goal line as you been doing all game not try and get fancy with little dink and dunk plays. Those turned out good right?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Agree totally, I don't totally hate him by any means but it seems when it matters most he calls some madness....

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Agree totally, I don't totally hate him by any means but it seems when it matters most he calls some madness....

Fisher was "helping" Shotty make the calls at the end.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but every time I read the title on the Rams page, this song keeps popping in my head.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Gilbert did okay for his first game. A year holding a clipboard and practicing will get him up to speed and ready to compete.
Davis is not a NFL quarterback.

FRO

Legend
I still think Gilbert is on very solid ground to make this team. He has very good potential and a higher ceiling than Davis. The bottom line is if we are down to either we are screwed. Our top 2 QBs are very good though. Hill was who I thought he was. ~Denny Green

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm sorry but are you a member of the rams coaching staff that has this insight? If so present yourself for recognition!

No, smart ass! I'm not a coach but I have eyes and could clearly see Fisher coaching Shotty at the end of the game. Did you even watch it?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would like to see Gilbert working behind the same OL that Hill was working behind myself. I thought Gilbert did very well after having to work mostly behind a front OL that consisted of the below:

ORT- RJ Dill who was a WWC/UDFA who has been released from Jax,NE & KC!
ORG- Travis Bond who is a WWC/UDFA who was released by Minn & Carolina!
OC- D.Rhaney- late 7th rd 2014 pick.
OLG- M.Van Dyk- Late 7th rd pick.
OLT- Sean Hooey-Who was a UDFA who was injured last yr & spent the most of the 213 season on the PS.

Its very possible that two of those above OL'ers will make the Rams master roster as the 9th & 10th OL'ers....most likely ORG Bond & ORT Hooey. Two others Rhaney & Van Dyk are legit PS candidates IMO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would like to see Gilbert working behind the same OL that Hill was working behind myself. I thought Gilbert did very well after having to work mostly behind a front OL that consisted of the below:

ORT- RJ Dill who was a WWC/UDFA who has been released from Jax,NE & KC!
ORG- Travis Bond who is a WWC/UDFA who was released by Minn & Carolina!
OC- D.Rhaney- late 7th rd 2014 pick.
OLG- M.Van Dyk- Late 7th rd pick.
OLT- Sean Hooey-Who was a UDFA who was injured last yr & spent the most of the 213 season on the PS.

Its very possible that two of those above OL'ers will make the Rams master roster as the 9th & 10th OL'ers....most likely ORG Bond & ORT Hooey. Two others Rhaney & Van Dyk are legit PS candidates IMO.

Davis worked behind the same line and was far more successful!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now from the outset I was a proponent of the selection of Gilbert and some scouts (Gill Brandt) really liked him my biggest trepidation was how would he handle the big stage? He had his issues at Texas and then when he was rescued by June Jones at SMU did not fare well against major competition.

That being posted it was his first NFL game and I have confidence in him from a cerebral standpoint and I love the kids athleticism always have, but you could tell that Austin Davis had two years under his belt compared to Gilbert. In the end, if the Rams keep three QB's which because of last year I believe they will, I think because of Gilbert's ceiling he'll make the roster, but game one goes to the two year vet from Southern Mississippi and if the trend continues, it could end up like last year when the Rams wanted Davis as their number two,, but after preseason he was released because Clemens out played him and you know the rest of the story.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Fisher was "helping" Shotty make the calls at the end.
That doesn't worry me.
They don't game plan. If the coaches want to see how someone does, it makes sense.
I wouldn't read to much into this.