Gilbert Has a Long Way to Go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It hurt to see him missing so badly on several of his passes. The game just hasn't slowed down for him, yet. I like his presence.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I like to call him Gilbert Grape. I'm interested in seeing him in the next couple games. And it looks like Austin Davis isn't quite ready to roll over and lose his job just yet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Gilbert seemed to miss some easy throws.

But, dude is GREEN.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Davis played OK at times, but holy crap he had his bad moments. Let's not go there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess people forgot what Bradford looked like in his rookie regular season opener. (n)

Gilbert has plenty of time to get used to the speed of the NFL game, so nothing to see here.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He played well that first drive. He's definitely not perfect, but I can see him being a great developmental guy. For a 6th round pick in his first game? I thought he played really well.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Meh... not so worried about Gilbert first game. Davis looked fired up, passionate, and In control at times and at other times :/ ..... But I did like most of what I seen tonight. Schotty pulled his usual BS play calls when the games on the line.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess people forgot what Bradford looked like in his rookie regular season opener. (n)

Gilbert has plenty of time to get used to the speed of the NFL game, so nothing to see here.

Perspective.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Meh... not so worried about Gilbert first game. Davis looked fired up, passionate, and In control at times and at other times :/ ..... But I did like most of what I seen tonight. Schotty pulled his usual BS play calls when the games on the line.
You mean the same BS play calls that got them into game-winning FG position?
Seriously, it's a little early to be calling out coaching. Especially in a game that had no scheme.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Dude didn't know wtf was going on. Davis had flashes tho but then shot himself in the foot. what's up with that guys grenade passes? I swear that ball was going so damn high in the air

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
You mean the same BS play calls that got them into game-winning FG position?
Seriously, it's a little early to be calling out coaching. Especially in a game that had no scheme.
I mean the wasted play calls that Schotty called with a run and a few subsequent calls that stalled us down and didn't let us advance any further to increase our chances to win the game. Reminds me of many games alla the Game vs. Seattle where he called bone head plays.... again with the game on the line. This is a habit I see with him. No scheme 3rd string/F/A players but you have to go for the win like Rob Ryan was doing with his defense and his play calling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I mean the wasted play calls that Schotty called with a run and a few subsequent calls that stalled us down and didn't let us advance any further to increase our chances to win the game. Reminds me of many games alla the Game vs. Seattle where he called bone head plays.... again with the game on the line. This is a habit I see with him. No scheme 3rd string/F/A players but you have to go for the win like Rob Ryan was doing with his defense and his play calling.
Alrighty then.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I rember Sam throwing a fourth down, go ahead, TD to end the half in his first game. Gilbert looked good with his footwork!!! Really it was just his touch and timing. I like the kid. We may have a Marc Bluger in time. One can hope, right? :)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We were either running the ball or throwing it downfield.
The dink and dunk was MIA tonight. I really expected to see more short passes the first game out.

I thought Davis looked more decisive than Gilbert. He obviously has the advantage of a year in the system.

Gilbert did some nice things early on. I think that hit may have lingered. I thought he may have broke his collarbone at first.

This is clearly the most talented team then we've had In years.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I thought Davis looked more decisive than Gilbert. He obviously has the advantage of a year in the system.

Gilbert was very decisive. I thought he made some very good reads and good decisions. He got the ball to the right guys, just had the ball sailing on him, which can be expected from a kid playing in his first NFL game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Gilbert was very decisive. I thought he made some very good reads and good decisions. He got the ball to the right guys, just had the ball sailing on him, which can be expected from a kid playing in his first NFL game.
He started off great. I thought his play tailed off.
Davis looked to me as if he was more comfortable.
I'm not unhappy with Gilbert at all.
I think I was expecting Davis to be much worse than he actually was. I thought he played well.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Liked what I saw, of course he has blemishes and anyone who's expecting a 6th round QB not named Tom Brady to perform like an elite QB has to be really deluding themselves.