Gil Brandt: Highest DB Burn Rate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Good for Janoris. Dude has had a crazy path to the NFL and bet on himself. Looks like he came out on top.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
So, Gaines is Philip Gaines of the Chiefs, yes?
Also not surprised to see Chung on the burned-a-lot list.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wondering if that is EJ Gaines on that highest burn rate list?
So, Gaines is Philip Gaines of the Chiefs, yes?
Also not surprised to see Chung on the burned-a-lot list.

IMO its clearly EJ Gaines of the Los Angeles Rams. I think he should be rated higher on that list ......EJ from what I have seen since he returned would not rate burnt toast more like crumbs in the bottom of an old used toaster.....

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I wondering if that is EJ Gaines on that highest burn rate list?

IMO its clearly EJ Gaines of the Los Angeles Rams. I think he should be rated higher on that list ......EJ from what I have seen since he returned would not rate burnt toast more like crumbs in the bottom of an old used toaster.....
That sucks. I like EJ a lot. Thought it might be Phillip based on his play this past Sunday - dude got absolutely torched.

But this Reddit discussion seems to come to the same conclusion as you - EJ.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We all knew JJ was better than EJ right? Hell, most knew JJ was better than Tru....Just on the fact he doesn't get injured as much alone.

My beef with this is...when you get a draft steal...like a character guy that falls....and YOU FAIL TO RE-SIGN THE PLAYER YOU DEVELOPED, THAT'S A FO FAIL!!!! And guess what, since Demoff keeps defending his boy, I'll point this finger on the man in charge of this aspect. Demoff. And we have MORE players coming up....and we sign guys like Saffold, Tavon (really?), Barnes, Case, Quinn, and others...

We have 3 stars on this team now, Donald, Ogletree, and Britt. Lets see who gets a new deal...I like Havenstein....but he's not a star...everyone else...we are 4-7

As far as EJ Gaines...and Tru....that's an organizational error in targeting cb's that can't run. Joyner fits in there too...Tru is good as long as he doesn't have to stick the opponents #1 wr. Overall our pass defense isn't bad. But when we look at it...How often do we stop 3rd and short passes? How often do we get int's? PBU's??? And we're benching Troy Hills...Really? Think I saw Blake Countess & Marquis Christian laughing on the sidelines late in the Phins game...after they took the lead...

Bruce2980

Starter
We all knew JJ was better than EJ right? Hell, most knew JJ was better than Tru....Just on the fact he doesn't get injured as much alone.

My beef with this is...when you get a draft steal...like a character guy that falls....and YOU FAIL TO RE-SIGN THE PLAYER YOU DEVELOPED, THAT'S A FO FAIL!!!! And guess what, since Demoff keeps defending his boy, I'll point this finger on the man in charge of this aspect. Demoff. And we have MORE players coming up....and we sign guys like Saffold, Tavon (really?), Barnes, Case, Quinn, and others...

We have 3 stars on this team now, Donald, Ogletree, and Britt. Lets see who gets a new deal...I like Havenstein....but he's not a star...everyone else...we are 4-7

As far as EJ Gaines...and Tru....that's an organizational error in targeting cb's that can't run. Joyner fits in there too...Tru is good as long as he doesn't have to stick the opponents #1 wr. Overall our pass defense isn't bad. But when we look at it...How often do we stop 3rd and short passes? How often do we get int's? PBU's??? And we're benching Troy Hills...Really? Think I saw Blake Countess & Marquis Christian laughing on the sidelines late in the Phins game...after they took the lead...
It's hard for a DB to stop 3rd and short passes when they are told to line up 10 yards off the LOS.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My beef with this is...when you get a draft steal...like a character guy that falls....and YOU FAIL TO RE-SIGN THE PLAYER YOU DEVELOPED, THAT'S A FO FAIL!!!!

Thank the new CBA, and get used to it because guys like JJ who have small rookie contracts but have enough talent to draw a large deal are gonna test the market and go to the highest bidder.

That's the new reality baby.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Thank the new CBA, and get used to it because guys like JJ who have small rookie contracts but have enough talent to draw a large deal are gonna test the market and go to the highest bidder.

Exactly. You can't just keep signing guys for that kind of money. Wait till Goff gets 20 plus mil a year then we will lose even more

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Exactly. You can't just keep signing guys for that kind of money. Wait till Goff gets 20 plus mil a year then we will lose even more
Or...with an emphasis on scarce resources.... no Coty Sensabaugh's....No Tavon deals....Hell, if I could look, I'm freeing up some Quinn money...No Foles extensions B4 he take a real game snap. Gotta be smart...Hayes & Sims, see ya...

JJ was a premium player for us at a valuable position on a defensive team. while our defense hasn't suffered, one extra stop or turnover on THIS team probably equals 2 or 3 wins...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

This is why the free agent market is every bit as much of a crap shoot as the draft. And frankly I can understand why some teams will not over pay for either their own or someone else's FA. It's a very big financial risk.

I'm guessing that when Goff is getting 20MIL the cap will be through the roof and good QB's will be getting 30MIL.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
How can Grimes be on both the highest and lowest burn rates?

Another savvy NFL stat. Keep up the great work on your stats and consistent reffing.