Gibby doesn't think it's in the cards, apparently

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]310164209453379584[/tweet]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Say it aint so Gibster.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Interesting choices by the staff, they're definitely putting their own stamp on the team if they let Gibby, Jackson, and Amendola go. Jackson wasn't really their choice, Gibson is feasible as he shouldn't cost too much, and Amendola depends on where he prices himself.

I think they'll probably grab a S in FA, with all the ones hitting the market. The more and more releases that come, the more and more likely it seems someone like Tavon Austin must be on their radar in the draft.

F. Mulder

Starter
I would just say that Gibby has become a nice FOURTH type Wr . If he is starting you don't have your best two WR and one Slot out there. The goal of this team is to be better than mediocre. There were far too many times where average performers were good enough. If Gibby goes I wish him the best. You will get a 40-50 catch 3rd/4th WR with 600-750 yards. Add that production to the money he will get/wants and best of luck.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
F. Mulder said:
I would just say that Gibby has become a nice FOURTH type Wr . If he is starting you don't have your best two WR and one Slot out there. The goal of this team is to be better than mediocre. There were far too many times where average performers were good enough. If Gibby goes I wish him the best. You will get a 40-50 catch 3rd/4th WR with 600-750 yards. Add that production to the money he will get/wants and best of luck.

This is where I am. Apparently the Rams too.

I love the guy.

But we MUST upgrade this roster.

Worst case; give Radway his roster spot. Save the dough.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bluecoconuts said:
Interesting choices by the staff, they're definitely putting their own stamp on the team if they let Gibby, Jackson, and Amendola go. Jackson wasn't really their choice, Gibson is feasible as he shouldn't cost too much, and Amendola depends on where he prices himself.

I think they'll probably grab a S in FA, with all the ones hitting the market. The more and more releases that come, the more and more likely it seems someone like Tavon Austin must be on their radar in the draft.

Seems like Fisher and Snead want speed. Can't say I disagree.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
According to JT of the PD, Gibby will be going

Here's part of the article:
Free-agent wide receiver Brandon Gibson is looking for a fresh start and won’t return to the Rams next season, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Saturday.

The Rams were interested in re-signing Gibson, but only to a point as they attempt the annual task of upgrading their wide receiver corps. In a commitment to young wideouts Chris Givens, Brian Quick and Austin Pettis, the Rams wanted Gibson back in a role and for money commensurate to a No. 3 or No. 4 wideout.

But there has been healthy interest in Gibson in the free agent market and plenty of phone calls from other teams as the NFL’s so-called “legal tampering period’’ begin Saturday (or late Friday night outside of the Eastern time zone).

Indications are that Gibson will have a chance for a No. 2 role (or at worst a No. 3) with a contract offer expected soon. The free-agency period begins Tuesday afternoon.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-wr-gibson-will-part-ways/article_4982958e-1028-5373-8742-450f0e292ac4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 92ac4.html</a>

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
brokeu91 said:

Free-agent wide receiver Brandon Gibson is looking for a fresh start and won’t return to the Rams next season, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Saturday.

The Rams were interested in re-signing Gibson, but only to a point as they attempt the annual task of upgrading their wide receiver corps. In a commitment to young wideouts Chris Givens, Brian Quick and Austin Pettis, the Rams wanted Gibson back in a role and for money commensurate to a No. 3 or No. 4 wideout.

But there has been healthy interest in Gibson in the free agent market and plenty of phone calls from other teams as the NFL’s so-called “legal tampering period’’ begin Saturday (or late Friday night outside of the Eastern time zone).

Indications are that Gibson will have a chance for a No. 2 role (or at worst a No. 3) with a contract offer expected soon. The free-agency period begins Tuesday afternoon.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-wr-gibson-will-part-ways/article_4982958e-1028-5373-8742-450f0e292ac4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 92ac4.html</a>

I can't blame him for wanting to test the FA market. He has been generating a TON of buzz around the league. I like Gibson but I dont understand the interest in him around the league.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
brokeu91 said:

I wish him well.

Gibson is going to have a solid career. Someone like Jason Avant, Roscoe Parrish, Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones... sticks in the NFL... makes some plays... Not a superstar.

Nothing wrong with that.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins contacted free agent WR Brandon Gibson on Saturday, and talks are said to be "serious."

The real juice to the story is that "some believe that Gibson could earn a contract comparable to the one given to Brian Hartline" last week -- five years and $31 million with $12.5 million guaranteed. While it's unclear how talks with Gibson would affect a Mike Wallace pursuit, we'd guess that he would likely be a fallback option. Miami is also said to be interested in free agent Wes Welker.

No wonder we didnt end up retaining him. 6 mill a year :shock: :shock: :shock:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
libertadrocks said:
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins contacted free agent WR Brandon Gibson on Saturday, and talks are said to be "serious."

The real juice to the story is that "some believe that Gibson could earn a contract comparable to the one given to Brian Hartline" last week -- five years and $31 million with $12.5 million guaranteed. While it's unclear how talks with Gibson would affect a Mike Wallace pursuit, we'd guess that he would likely be a fallback option. Miami is also said to be interested in free agent Wes Welker.

Somebody is seriously willing to give Gibson 6 mil a year? Holy wow. I do like Gibson but not at even half of that

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think what says more to me is for all these years we've been screaming for the FO to get some WRs...and now...their "at risk" for losing not one, but two of them. And they already have some options.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
brokeu91 said:
libertadrocks said:

Somebody is seriously willing to give Gibson 6 mil a year? Holy wow. I do like Gibson but not at even half of that

I believe Miami is in the hunt for Mike Wallace.

So, this "rumour" would seem to confirm that as negotiating fodder with Wallace.

No way Gibson gets $6M/year.

A55VA6

Legend
If they give Gibby 6 million I will laugh. That's too much. Way too much.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Miami is using him as a pawn in negotiating for Wallace is my guess.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If Gibson can get $6m then good for him - but it does sound like Miami are talking to EVERY FA WR!!!?? they're probably trying to shore up backup plans if Wallace falls through - I think Gibson is a great #3, but it looks like the rams are looking for more than that...