Giants players criticized for attending Miami party

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/...y-giants-players-may-have-included-drugs.html

Drugs were passed around "like candy" at a Miami yacht party attended by several big-name New York Giants, according to reports, and a video on Instagram may provide some evidence.

Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shepard, Victor Cruz and Roger Lewis flew to South Beach after their 19-10 win over Washington on Sunday to party with the likes of Justin Bieber and Johnny Manziel, according to reports. On Monday, they were aboard a yacht owned by singer Trey Songz.

But one video drew major scrutiny after one of the players was heard declining some Adderall.

In one video, Beckham was seen lying shirtless on a boat talking to another man, while a third voice was heard in the background clearly saying, “I can’t take Adderall.”

Sports gossip blog Terez Owens reported that the voice refusing was the rookie Shepard.

“One of the women on the boat was handing out (Adderall) like candy,” the website said, adding that marijuana was also being smoked onboard.

Marijuana and Adderall, a stimulant used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), are banned by the NFL. Additionally, Adderall is considered to be a performance enhancer by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

So far, the NFL has declined comment.

Soon after the videos surfaced, Beckham went on the defensive, downplaying the party and what the players may or may not have done.

“I'm really more focused on the Packers and the Giants, so any of those questions—whenever you all want to sit down and have a little side-to-side, we could do that after the playoffs,” he told reporters at practice on Wednesday.

Critics slammed the players because the Giants (11-5) are traveling to Green Bay this weekend to play the Packers on Sunday in the NFC wild-card game. It's New York's first postseason game since the 2011 season.

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning helped to defuse the critiques against his teammates.

"I think as a team we kind of always pride ourselves on being well prepared, so when I saw some of the pictures I was a little disappointed, just because obviously they didn't pack accordingly," Manning deadpanned. "They didn't have any shirts, obviously, all long pants, no shorts, no flip flops or anything. So I am just disappointed on their packing and not being prepared for that situation."

Manning was a little more serious when asked if he was disappointed in the players from a football perspective.

"I don't really get into what guys do on their off days," he said. "It is their off day and they can do what they want and it is about coming here today, being prepared and really getting ready for tomorrow's practice and being able to go out there and perform at a high level."

Giants coach Ben McAdoo told reporters he had no issue with his players blowing off some steam.

“The players were off. I’m not going to talk about players and their off time,” he said. “They showed up (Tuesday) ready to work.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
No kidding. Why not enjoy the weather. As long as they weren't partaking in the illegal things that may have been taking place during that time. It was their time off the field, they win games. Who cares. Just wish our guys could film tv shows and win games at the same time.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But one video drew major scrutiny after one of the players was heard declining some Adderall.

In one video, Beckham was seen lying shirtless on a boat talking to another man, while a third voice was heard in the background clearly saying, “I can’t take Adderall.”

Sports gossip blog Terez Owens reported that the voice refusing was the rookie Shepard.

“One of the women on the boat was handing out (Adderall) like candy,” the website said, adding that marijuana was also being smoked onboard.
Now, I've been to a BUNCH of wild parties....and been offered a cornucopia of drugs...or should I say plethora??? And NEVER....I mean NEVER been offered prescription drugs like adderall...I've seen vicodan...pain stuff...never stimulants that were...prescribed. But speed...molly's....greenies...ludes..pcp...so, unless this was staged, I can't believe any of this. Like, who offers a guy....antivan? or...who says, "man, You wanna try this litium?" " I got this good batch of Prozac? "

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but not a good look. You are preparing for the playoffs, your body is your temple. Some players only get a couple of cracks at the playoffs. Do you job this week and prepare (I dont care that it is there free time) for GB starting immediately. You will have plenty of time to party in a few weeks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"I think as a team we kind of always pride ourselves on being well prepared, so when I saw some of the pictures I was a little disappointed, just because obviously they didn't pack accordingly," Manning deadpanned. "They didn't have any shirts, obviously, all long pants, no shorts, no flip flops or anything. So I am just disappointed on their packing and not being prepared for that situation."

Manning did that like a BOSS!!!