Ghosts of St. Louis Rams' Past: Where Are They Now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Kennedy is the one that just kills me. He and Smith have to be the biggest busts. People jump on Trung but he was taken at the back end of the 1st round....Kennedy was the 12th overall pick and did nothing.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Of all those picks; Jason Smith and Tye Hill pee pee me off the most. Particularly Smith.
Hill was a dud, Smith seemed like he was doing okay until the concussions! Wonder about him due to that. Canidate was a joke for the Rams!

FRO

Legend
Hill was a dud, Smith seemed like he was doing okay until the concussions! Wonder about him due to that. Canidate was a joke for the Rams!
I agree Smith looked ok as a rookie, then concussions got him. I think I read though the Rams knew Smith was a bust from his first training camp.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I know there are a lot of people against that sort of thing, but Smith should've started at guard very early in his career. They might've been able to get something out of him instead of trying to magically turn him into Orlando Pace.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Phillips is, unfortunately, serving a 31-year prison sentence for assaulting his girlfriend. He is serving his term at Kern Valley State Prison in California.

31 years for assault? I don't think so. There have to be a whole lot of other reasons to get locked up for that long.

Is Claude Terrell still in prison?

If the charges are true then he should be. This is all I could find on that question -

34 Wild NFL Crimes You Haven't Heard About

Claude Terrell - The former Rams lineman pled guilty to assaulting his wife at hotel, where she was found with "obvious signs of physical injury." Terrell last played in '07, but this wasn't his last crime: He was charged in 2011 with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault and burglary in connection with an alleged Valentine's Day attack in Texas, where he held a woman at gunpoint and forced her to have sex with him over the course of several hours at her house. (When she returned home, the 28-year-old was waiting for her and had found a .38-caliber handgun in her home, according to a police spokesman, who said the woman endured "a full day of terror.")

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Phillips is, unfortunately, serving a 31-year prison sentence for assaulting his girlfriend. He is serving his term at Kern Valley State Prison in California.

31 years for assault? I don't think so. There have to be a whole lot of other reasons to get locked up for that long.
Yeah, didn't he try to run some people down in his car too? I seem to remember something like that happening.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know there are a lot of people against that sort of thing, but Smith should've started at guard very early in his career. They might've been able to get something out of him instead of trying to magically turn him into Orlando Pace.

Interesting thought. Being as green he was, probably a better approach.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Why would spend a first round pick on a RB when you have Faulk? :confused:
IIRC, there were rumors that Faulk was going to retire soon, and if he did and Martz hadn't drafted a RB, he certainly would have looked silly.

It seemed to be a bad year to try to take an RB that late though... Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, Ron Dayne and Shaun Alexander all went in the 1st round before Canidate. The next RB that came off the board though was Travis Prentice to Cleveland in Round 3, Pick 1.

The sad thing is though that looking at the draft, there really isn't some other name we missed out on... probably the best pick would have been Marvel Smith, T, who went to Cincinnati at #38.

Now 1996... THAT draft depresses me. We got Lawrence Phillips and Eddie Kennison. We could have had Eddie George and Marvin Harrison.

FRO

Legend
IIRC, there were rumors that Faulk was going to retire soon, and if he did and Martz hadn't drafted a RB, he certainly would have looked silly.

It seemed to be a bad year to try to take an RB that late though... Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, Ron Dayne and Shaun Alexander all went in the 1st round before Canidate. The next RB that came off the board though was Travis Prentice to Cleveland in Round 3, Pick 1.

The sad thing is though that looking at the draft, there really isn't some other name we missed out on... probably the best pick would have been Marvel Smith, T, who went to Cincinnati at #38.

Now 1996... THAT draft depresses me. We got Lawrence Phillips and Eddie Kennison. We could have had Eddie George and Marvin Harrison.
But I'm glad we got Faulk over George a few years later. Harrison and Champ Bailey would have been better than just Torry Holt though.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
But I'm glad we got Faulk over George a few years later. Harrison and Champ Bailey would have been better than just Torry Holt though.
Yeah, and you have to wonder if George and Harrison would have made Tony Banks look JUST good enough so that he kept his job.

All other things being equal, that 1999 team with Tony Banks as QB MAYBE goes 8-8.

FRO

Legend
Yeah, and you have to wonder if George and Harrison would have made Tony Banks look JUST good enough so that he kept his job.

All other things being equal, that 1999 team with Tony Banks as QB MAYBE goes 8-8.
Nothing would make Tony look good. Great arm, zero accuracy.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I remember watching Phillips in preseason and thinking " is this it, this guy isn't that good."

The guy wasn't that good. He rarely broke a tackle. The first guy to him always brought him down. A pop Warner player could tackle that scrub.
What a joke he was. On and off the field.