Get your head around Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he makes sense at 13 - then he makes sense at 2.

I'm as big of a BPA honk as there is, but the QB position trumps those rules.

V3

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't it be a hoot if someone gave them a first round pick for Bradford and they somehow wound up with Manziel, Matthews, and Evans?

Would be a hoot but it won't happen. The best I see him fetching is a 3rd.

V3

Hall of Fame
I seriously wonder if JM is a product of Evans and the Rams don't have anyone like that on their roster, hence the reason I said I'd want Evans first.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

To qualify for that statement the QB in question has to be a franchise QB and Manziel has too many question marks to make that a reality. He may get there but he is not the #2 prospect in this draft.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Here is video of the little guys looking for directions to NYC

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The rams are pumping up Johnny so if the texans take Clowney, teams like the jags or browns would tade up to no 2 and take johhny. You guys or whoever that think the rams are going with a qb the first 2 rounds are idiots

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@tmckernan: La Canfora: There are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings about trading Sam Bradford.

Report: Vikings looking for defensive help at No. 8
Posted by Josh Alper on May 5, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc0n2y2zjvkndm2yzi4zwm5ztu1mtywm2uxyjk2mdrj.jpeg

Last month, Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman called the process of sifting through the quarterbacks in this year’s draft “torturous” because each of the top prospects are “a mixed bag” of strengths and weaknesses.

For a G.M. who missed on Christian Ponder in the first round just a few years ago, the prospect of making the wrong quarterback call with the eighth pick could grease the skids on his way out the door in Minnesota. That may lead Spielman and the Vikings to decide that no quarterback in the first round is better than having no quarterback at all.

In his Monday Morning Quarterback column for TheMMQB.com, Peter King reports that the Vikings “are more inclined than ever” to hold off on selecting a quarterback until the second round. When the eighth pick does roll around, the intention is to select “a front-seven disruptor” like Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald ahead of adding to any other position.

The Vikings signed Linval Joseph this offseason and picked Shariff Floyd in the first round last year, so the cupboard is far from bare at defensive tackle in Minnesota. That doesn’t mean they won’t look in the direction of Donald or another front-seven player, but they may also be signaling to teams looking to move up to No. 8 that there’s a willingness to move down because grabbing a quarterback right there isn’t a priority.

Or they could be trying to keep teams from vaulting in front of them to grab the quarterback that they want in the first round. True intentions will remain shrouded all week, but any pick that Spielman makes will need to come through if he’s going to be making the pick again next year.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
It's possible I am suffering from smoke inhalation, but I think it's time that Rams nation started getting comfortable with the notion that Johnny Manziel is the Rams next QB.

And get ready for it ......

At #2.

Nope.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams could deal Sam for Minny's second rounder and then use that pick to move from 13 up to 4 and still get Robinson ..... Would that make any of this more palatable?

1. Clowney
2. JFF to the Rams
3. Mack
4. G Rob to the Rams
44. Lamarcus Joyner

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

IMHO he doesn't make sense at all.
I'm still convinced that within 5 years, JF will be out of the NFL.
I think, within a certain framework, that he's Tim Tebow part II.

wrstdude

Rookie
If the Rams could deal Sam for Minny's second rounder and then use that pick to move from 13 up to 4 and still get Robinson ..... Would that make any of this more palatable?

1. Clowney
2. JFF to the Rams
3. Mack
4. G Rob to the Rams
44. Lamarcus Joyner

I probably go back to being a 49er fan in any scenario that yields Manziel.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

1. Clowney
2. JFF to the Rams
3. Mack
4. G Rob to the Rams
44. Lamarcus Joyner
Not for me.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I honestly don't know what I would do if the Rams traded Bradford. I would find that very difficult to take.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The rams are pumping up Johnny so if the texans take Clowney, teams like the jags or browns would tade up to no 2 and take johhny. You guys or whoever that think the rams are going with a qb the first 2 rounds are idiots

That makes no sense. Pump up Manziel to get teams to trade up to #2 for him? Just the willingness to make the deal would show teams that the Rams weren't serious.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That makes no sense. Pump up Manziel to get teams to trade up to #2 for him. Just the willingness to make the deal would show teams that the Rams weren't serious.
True. Pumping him up would only be beneficial if it meant teams were going to jump ahead of us to take him.
Which would then make Clowney fall. So is this all a "we want Clowney" ruse?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that the Rams believe the Texans want to trade down and select Manziel. It may be that the Rams are showing interest in Manziel in order to get the Texans to stay at 1 and select him...so that Clowney is sitting there and they now have trade leverage.

Just a thought. It's getting sillier and sillier the closer we get.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that the Rams believe the Texans want to trade down and select Manziel. It may be that the Rams are showing interest in Manziel in order to get the Texans to stay at 1 and select him...so that Clowney is sitting there and they now have trade leverage.

Just a thought. It's getting sillier and sillier the closer we get.
I don't think that's silly. Those kinds of mind games go on all the time.