Get Watkins the damn ball!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's got 7 rec for 88 yards in 2 games. He's also still getting lined up correctly by Goff & Kupp at times in game(audibles) because he's still picking up the offense. He's been on the team for a month.

Relax brutha.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I want to see more deep shots go his way. Chunks of comeback yardage is fine, but taking the top off the defense is what we really want. We're getting stripteased right now... hopefully we get to go to the champagne room soon

JRobinson

MiLB
He's got 7 rec for 88 yards in 2 games. He's also still getting lined up correctly by Goff & Kupp at times in game(audibles) because he's still picking up the offense. He's been on the team for a month.

Relax brutha.

Although I do agree with the OP in getting him the ball, Mojo is right on this one.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just been reported that Odell Beckham just threw some blows with Erreck Flowers after tonights game....protect my QB!!!!

Now THATs what a #1 wr does!!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just been reported that Odell Beckham just threw some blows with Erreck Flowers after tonights game....protect my QB!!!!

Now THATs what a #1 wr does!!!!!
Doesn't want anyone breaking the statue of Eli.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Get the end-zone the damn ball!!!!!

Okay.

huwXeck.gif

KayJay

Starter
First off, let me say I don't know how Tavon fits in this offense long term. I know most of you would disagree, but I feel that he isn't worth the time getting him space when he's taken down with smallest shoe string tackle. Did he even have a single catch last game? Everyone else including Carrier did. I don't know man, not a big fan of Tavon at this point. Its becoming another Brian Quick situation. The potential is there, but is it really worth our time?

Secondly, keying in on his WR's is the reason he threw that pick. Throwing to Watkins, just because its Sammy Watkins makes zero sense. We have a quarterback that spreads the ball around and keeps the defense guessing. I prefer that to Mr. Andy Dalton who's only particular set of skills is throwing jump balls to AJ Green. I do want Sammy to get more involved, but its too early for this. He's still learning the offense. Its not like he's been a completely non-factor. He's converted a lot of third downs for us which is pivotal in moving the chains. So in the words of Aaron Rodgers...

"Relax".

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Sammy is a very good player; it is up to McVay and Goff to use him; too many trick plays could be replaced with the old fashion "WR runs excellent pattern, gets separation and catches ball"......too much "design" and too little butt whooping. People have to fear the deep ball. Watkins hasn't been thrown one fly/9 route this season.....that creates fear and gets DBs to back off a bit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
First off, let me say I don't know how Tavon fits in this offense long term. I know most of you would disagree, but I feel that he isn't worth the time getting him space when he's taken down with smallest shoe string tackle. Did he even have a single catch last game? Everyone else including Carrier did. I don't know man, not a big fan of Tavon at this point. Its becoming another Brian Quick situation. The potential is there, but is it really worth our time?

Been sayin it and sayin it and sayin it. Nobody listens round here. Except @LACHAMP46 and only if you're talking about Brian Quick.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?

Relax brutha.
Watkins said himself that it would take a week and a half for him to learn the offense though. It's been almost six weeks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He made a clutch play that none of our WRs last year could have made, on a 3rd down when we were down by 10 points, which led to a TD. That's a #1 WR.

He's doing fine. I'm sure the deep shots will come.