Gerald McCoy gets 7 yr deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
7 years, 100 mill, 51.5 mill gtd.

Suh is up next. We got a heck of a deal signing Quinn long term.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If Donald keeps it up, he's going to get more than this. I don't enjoy seeing this.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dam that's lot of money! There was no way they were gonna let him hit the open market.

Suh's contract will be a pay cut, really lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/25/bucs-gerald-mccoy-agree-to-seven-year-contract/

Bucs, Gerald McCoy agree to seven-year contract
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 25, 2014

8ac1b215663c3e11412694d19f77c4ed.jpeg
Getty Images

In a disappointing year for the Buccaneers, they’ve just accomplished one thing: They’ve locked up their best player for a long time.

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and the Bucs have come to an agreement on a long-term contract extension. The deal was first reported by Jay Glazer of FOX Sports.

According to Glazer it’s a seven-year deal worth close to $100 million. We’re working on getting the details of how the contract is structured and how much of that money is guaranteed.

The third overall pick of the 2010 NFL draft, McCoy has been an excellent player in Tampa. The Bucs hope he’ll be a building block for Lovie Smith’s defense for years to come.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'm thinking this is less than JJ Watt got! That's only fair as Watt's the best d lineman going! Still a lot of dough for a big ugly!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A bit early to worry about Donald's payday - he is in the first year of a 5 year deal for crying out loud.

Suh will probably test FA and will end up with a very similar deal.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I'm not sure if this is still true, but I remember reading that TB has a ton of cap room...maybe more than any other team. At least I think that was the case during the 2013 offseason.

That might have something to do with the big contract. They can afford it. That, and TB sucks, so they naturally have to overpay.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Gerald McCoy and Geno Atkins, better all around DTs than Ndamukong Suh.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
f Donald keeps it up, he's going to get more than this. I don't enjoy seeing this.

Inflation is a bitch.

This is the players getting their fair share of the new TV deals that will be going into effect over the next couple of years. Me personally, I am liking the fact that positions other than the QB will start/are getting paid.

Lastly the deals with Long, Larinitus are starting to look fair and reasonable. Quinn is a flatout steal.