Gerald Everett hopes to grow into an impact player in 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
.....My concern is actually backup running back. I don't trust Brown as a runner and receiver nearly as much as I did Cunningham, Davis can't block, and Dunbar and Tavon are likely gone.
I would agree that we will see a change @ our RB contention next season with Lance Dunbar & Tavon Austin (along with the large cap cost for both of them) gone. None were worth the $$$ utilized on them in 2017.

Agree....High probability that our #2 RB Malcolm Brown will be tendered & signed for another 2 seasons. Brown will be entering his 4th season in the NFL in 2018 with 29 NFL gms under his belt with one start. Our #3 RB Austin Davis was here all season in 2017.....sure looked outstanding in all pre season (with one bad skill poor ball control)& should once again have the opportunity to prove he is ready to take up the work that Austin & Dunbar were paid to do in last season.

I would not forget about the other Rams RB's either ......McVay drafted a multi purpose Jack of all trade backfield operative in our #4 RB Sam Rogers in the 6th round with future demands to be made of this Virginia Tech product. Rogers has experience as ball carrier, pass catcher, pass protector and lead blocker. Said to be able (but in limited cameo ops Rogers did not do well) block from multiple sets and formations from many starts in college..

Then there an unknown gold nugget under contract for long time named #5 RB Lenard Tillery, RB, Southern - 5'10" 200 pounder. He is said to be an explosive back, with fairly good speed, & a good kick returner. At Southern, Tillery became the SWAC's all time leading rusher after walking on. He was named as a standout out at the NFLPA Shrine game. Take a look see below:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vMpL7xhis
Finally there's #6 RB/FB named Zack Laskey who has been a Rams since 2015. So he will be entering his 4th Training Camp this summer . Once again he appears like a multi purpose player when looking at his production @ Georgia Tech. his main issue has been staying Healthy.

Once I reviewed the present situation @ RB that of course includes Gurley as the #1 RB, situation may not be in need of much future construction from limited cap funds or draft selections.
Agree. I love Everett’s potential and would be my guess as a big surprise for 2018.
I am of this same thought too CGI. Gerald just needs a solid injury free TC & some HD action in the pre season gms to be ready to get some major opportunities to prove that this small college player can make it big in the NFL. Might even be a future younger version of Delanie Walker.
I hope so too . They soon need a dependable TE for the tough catches . It's been forever.
So true but I am very positive that all of our signed five TE's on the new 2018 roster is a solid very young cadre of TE/HB types who look to be better @ receiving than LOS blocking. I do not see a need for any big injections of talent in this unit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
that said I am a bit puzzled at how the TE's were not very effective this season given McVay's pedigree.

This was one of my surprises of the year offensively too - especially as you mention with McVay's pedigree in this field, maybe there's only so much you can fix in one go? The receiving corps as a whole were vastly improved, but I guess our TE play was disappointing and sometimes didn't figure at all in a receiving role in games.

Perhaps....just maybe....our TE's are sorry....just throwing that out there.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think Hemmingway with his size will end up being the better red zone target over Everett if he returns healthy.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm guessing Hemmingway wont be on the team next year....

Really? Are you thinking, that the Rams will bring another TE in?

If so, I feel like we have way more pressing needs elsewhere than to spend draft capital or FA moneys on TEs.

What an indictment of our TEs if they do.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I will say this: Everett started "hot" in the first two games and then disappeared. That certainly raises questions to me. I worry that he wasn't getting the playbook down and they went in another direction. I hope that - if that's the case - it will be remedied with a year in the playbook and isn't indicative of ability to learn or work ethic...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? Are you thinking, that the Rams will bring another TE in?

If so, I feel like we have way more pressing needs elsewhere than to spend draft capital or FA moneys on TEs.

What an indictment of our TEs if they do.
He was a 6th rounder that hasnt seen the field in 2 seasons. Dont see where McVay would feel invested in him, he didnt draft him. I could see them drafting another this year. McVay was allegedly the TE whisperer, so far only 1 on the team is his catch.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He was a 6th rounder that hasnt seen the field in 2 seasons. Dont see where McVay would feel invested in him, he didnt draft him. I could see them drafting another this year. McVay was allegedly the TE whisperer, so far only 1 on the team is his catch.

Fair enough, I thought I read somewhere that McVay was using Hemmingway a lot during TC and preseason.