Georgia Man Who Won $3M Lottery Pleads Guilty to Funding Crystal Meth Ring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...lottery-pleads-guilty-funding-crystal-n617776

A Georgia man who won $3 million in lottery winnings has pleaded guilty to using his dough to invest in a crystal meth ring, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.

Ronnie Music Jr., 45, used his 2015 windfall to buy the drugs, then supply it to others who would resell it at a profit, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Southern District of Georgia.

Ronnie Music, Jr. won the lottery in February 2015, but is being charged of using his winnings to purchase and distribute meth. Georgia State Lottery Pressroom
Music "decided to test his luck by sinking millions of dollars of lottery winnings into the purchase and sale of crystal meth," U.S. Attorney Ed Tarver said in a statement. "As a result of his unsound investment strategy, Music now faces decades in a federal prison."

Investigators said Music's co-conspirators attempted to sell about 11 pounds of crystal meth — with a street value of more than $500,000.

Agents recovered more than $1 million worth of methamphetamine — along with firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition and $600,000 in cash in the case.

Music pleaded guilty to federal drug trafficking and firearm charges related to his operation in his home base of Ware County. He will be sentenced after the state's probation office conducts a pre-sentence investigation.

Georgia Lottery officials, in announcing Music's good fortune in February 2015, said the maintenance supervisor and his wife planned to "save a portion of the winnings."

"I buy tickets every once in awhile," Music said in a news release at the time. "I couldn't believe it, and I still don't believe it yet."
======================================================================
Well,there goes the down payment for the new quadruple wide trailer.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sometimes there are just no words in the English language to truly describe the level of a person's stupidity. This is one of those times.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So, by my caveman math... it would appear that he smoked at least 1 million dollars worth of that shit before he came up with this ingenious business plan.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
....or, you know, could have bought a bar or a car wash or a Subway or four....
Naw, that is just too mainstream. He needed something that would garnish him fame (Breaking Bad fame no less) and mega riches fast. I mean $3,000,000 just ain't what it used to be. :thinking:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
"There's gotta be a way I can turn this 3M into more money, there's gotta be a way.... I got it! Meth!" Smh.