George Selvie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was James Hall, he wasn't bad though. I think he had a double digit sack. And yea even when we drafted Donnie Avery I'm sure everyone wanted someone besides Avery with that 33rd pick. If Avery's mom was a rams fan she'd still be a little flustered by it. Knowing we could of gotten her son in the 3rd or 4th.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Selvie BTW also got cut by Carolina, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay before landing with Dallas. Cant fault the Rams for letting him go, he just wasnt ready

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sure NJ. I just see red when I see a post that says "God that (former Ram player) played great today, we shouldn't have released him", especially when no one has said word one about him for years.

Also, btw, where are the "Thank God we dumped Amendola" posts?

Funny that.
I actually was shocked when we got him that late in the draft and spoke about him often back then. I liked me some Selvie and was very disappointed when we let him go. I also talked about him last year when he became a starter - and if I recall right, so did many others. So generalizations are generally a bad way to go. :cool:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Fine y'all. But it really wasn't about Selvie per se. Hence the "insert former Ram" reference.

Maybe we should dedicate a thread entitled "Players I wish we hadn't/I'm glad we" released.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Which I will never visit. :banana:

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
No one made you read this, quit crying over the internet. Did your mom forget to take away your computer when she grounded you?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I really was annoyed when we let Selvie go - thought he was high-ceiling and we had the room to develop him. Then again, in the Avery situation, I think I wanted Devin Thomas, who has done absolutely dick-all in the NFL.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Fair enough, my apologies.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
No one made you read this, quit crying over the internet. Did your mom forget to take away your computer when she grounded you?

Touche' - you make very good point...until you kept going.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Hey man, were on the same team, go rams! Unless you're one of those LA rams fans :cautious:. No, but it's all fun in games. I was just really interested in Selvie when we drafted him, and saw him in the stat line. Always good seeing a guy with potential perform well against teams like the OceanChickens and other rivals.
In all reality it would be a good idea to just keep one thread of players we let get away.
Sorry for being a keyboard warrior, and let's just root for this first quarter lead to turn into a big win! GO RAMS!

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
There was a few receivers that I wanted besides Avery, but then again none of them really did anything but Desean. But if we drafted Desean, and his rookie year he dropped the ball to celebrate before he got into the endZone like he did his first game for the eagles. I think my head would of exploded.