General Error

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X... I had this error going on for the past few minutes. Not sure if you knew this would happen.

"SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User ramsonde_php1 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well that's not cool. I have a dedicated server for this site for that very reason. So that I never run into a max connection MYSQL error. I'll look into this further, and if anyone else gets this message, please let me know immediately.

Thanks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I didn't get it, so I don't know what that means. It should have locked out everyone.

At any rate, I repaired and optimized the database, so I'll just keep an eye on it.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm no SQL-server guru, but isn't that just a setting change, allowing more simultaneous connections to the SQL-DB? My guess is that there is a config file that needs to be changed, but I'd defer to the sysadmins.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
I'm no SQL-server guru, but isn't that just a setting change, allowing more simultaneous connections to the SQL-DB? My guess is that there is a config file that needs to be changed, but I'd defer to the sysadmins.
That's exactly what it means, and that's why I switched to a high-speed dedicated server. I didn't want any issues with simultaneous connections or increasing bandwidth, so I got their biggest fattest package which would (I was assured) eliminate any problems.

I'll look into that config setting though. That's also another option I can inquire about.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
interference said:
That's exactly what it means, and that's why I switched to a high-speed dedicated server. I didn't want any issues with simultaneous connections or increasing bandwidth, so I got their biggest fattest package which would (I was assured) eliminate any problems.

I'll look into that config setting though. That's also another option I can inquire about.
Right, my guess is that your hardware setup can handle the load, but that the software configuration is throttling it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I checked, and it was set to unlimited. Which makes sense, because on draft day, there were 680+ people online simultaneously, and during this most recent development, there were only a couple hundred. At any rate, I was in fact using PHP v. 5.2, so I updated to PHP v 5.4 (the most recent version).

I'm hoping this was just an anomaly because I will be SUPREMELY pissed off if I've been getting jerked around by my provider and paying this much coin for no good reason. Third person X does not like being hosed.

The only other think I can think of is that it was a hack attempt. Some injecting going on maybe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hopefully I'm outta the woods. What's funny is I just tried to access the PD and got this message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Connection refused in /home/sites/stltoday/interact.stltoday.com/external/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48 phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

-------

Heh. At least mine was only a "general error." And WTF with that big ass site only using phpBB2. That was about 37 versions ago.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Here are a few threads you may want to take a look at...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4079 ... -connectio
"Check the MAX USER_CONNECTIONS setting on your MySQL server for the user. In PHPMyAdmin go to the server page (Click on the Server:<>) and in the sub-menu click on priviledges. Edit the user dbo343879423 and the MAX USER_CONNECTIONS will be on the right side. By default I believe it is set to 0 (unlimited), yours maybe restricted depending on who setup the server."

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 6&t=911635

http://www.tngforum.us/index.php?showtopic=5880
"...The criminals are using your account illegally and
maliciously.

As soon as the vendor plugs a hole, the criminals find another. Details
about sites which use insecure software is normally circulated or sold over
the Internet and once they know your site is using this application, it will
be bookmarked and they will be back, as soon as a new hole has been
announced."