GDT: Saints@Panthers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Totally forgot there was a game on tonight.

At halftime it's Panthers 20/Saints 3

Drew Brees is 16/21 for 145 yds with 0 td's and 1 int and 1 fumble
Cam Newton is 8/19 for 134 yds with 1 td and 0 ints
Each QB has been sacked twice

The running game isn't working for either team - Panthers: 25 yds/Saints 34 yds

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody else hear Al earlier when he talked about Cam's "lack" of roughing calls when Brees was hit in the head? Funny that was the first time I'd heard anybody mention that there had been 3 that were negated by off setting penalties. Also Oher has been in concussion protocol for 49 days? I think it's time to retire there Mr Blindside. On a side note New Orleans really isn't good on pass defense at all.

JackStraw

Rookie
New Orleans is not a good team. If Rams don't win that game I will go into shut down mode and start focusing on other teams across the NFL that I wish to see do well (Titans, Raiders, Bills, Dolphins, Lions)

Anyone else have wet dreams that Asshole Face is hired to be Goff's guru/Ram's OC for the 2017 season?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Louisville is getting dealt a big helping of humble pie tonight in Houston btw.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Louisville is getting dealt a big helping of humble pie tonight in Houston btw.

Bobby Petrino is the best play caller I've ever seen.....and a shitty individual.
Can't say I'm sorry that he's down 24....

Woo Pig

JackStraw

Rookie
Luke going down for Panthers was devastating to witness but on the positive side he's another player getting in the way of Aaron Donald finally getting DPOY like he deserves. I realize it's silly to root for individual awards as they mean nothing in terms of winning or losing, but I just want AD to get the accolades he deserves.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Luke going down for Panthers was devastating to witness

The only thing I read on Kuechly this morning is that he suffered a concussion. Being taken off on a cart led me to believe it was a knee injury. Strange.
**************************************************************************************
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article115598633.html

View: https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/799468875763040257

NFL.com

“In addition to having his left knee bent awkwardly, he was hit in the back of his head near the neck and took a helmet to his chest on the play...A distraught Kuechly was in tears immediately after the injury, struggling to catch his breath. It was one of the most poignant football moments in recent memory.”

Cork Gaines, Business Insider

“A scary scene hit the NFL as Luke Kuechly was carted off the field in tears after suffering another apparent head injury. But what was really scary was seeing Kuechly's reaction after the play. There was initially some concern for either his knee or his ankle as he was seen limping on the previous play.

However, cameras caught Kuechly sobbing on the field and seemingly in distress as it became clear that this was not a leg injury. The best way to describe the scene is that Kuechly looked scared...At times, Kuechly looked absolutely terrified, almost as if he was struggling to breathe...This is scary stuff.”

Jonathan Jones, Sports Illustrated

“Kuechly is openly sobbing on the field, begging for air, allowing himself to be carted off the field because he’s been rendered so helpless?...It’s impossible to tell or even imagine what he was thinking as NBC cameras showed no mercy with their zoom...Unlike the last time he was concussed, Kuechly couldn’t walk off the field on his own power. He had to be helped to the cart that took him into the tunnel as he continued to fight back the tears that had to have flowed once the eyes of millions were off him.”

New York Daily News

“The dangers of football were on full display Thursday night...Kuechly could not get back up.”

Joseph Zucker, Bleacher Report

“CBS Sports’ Will Brinson noted Kuechly was ‘openly crying’ while he was on the field and being attended to by trainers...By the time the cart was called, Kuechly was visibly distraught.”

The Sporting News

“Linebacker Luke Kuechly, their best player, their defensive leader, their high-effort paradigm, their beloved heartbeat, went down. With that, all those hopes were dashed in the worst possible way.”

Carl Cockerham, Fansided

“The way Kuechly was in crying uncontrollably, it looked like a serious, season-ending injury. The injury may not be season-ending but it is indeed serious, given the repercussions later on in life.”

ESPN.com

”Kuechly was in tears as he rode off toward the locker room while fans screamed "Luuuuke!'' Saints quarterback Drew Brees had a message for Kuechly as he left the field. ‘I tried to let him know that I was gonna be praying for him,’ Brees said. ‘He is ... certainly one of the best football players I've ever seen and played against. And I hope that he's Okay’.”

Yahoo!sports.com

“Kuechly missed three games last season with a concussion, and the sight of him hyperventilating and fighting off tears was unnerving...His status is unknown, but it’s concerning when the Panthers’ best player – yes, he’s been more consistent than Newton in 2016 – suffers another concussion a year after he missed a major chunk with one.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hopefully Kuechly is back in 2 weeks against Seattle.

Seems like every year Seattle and Arizona don't play the same opponents at full strength.