GDT: Rams at Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah they were definitely open and I still think he should have completed the pass but he had to throw high and wide or it would have gotten batted down or picked

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Last series shows why the staff had qb's throwing short all night. As bad as game was, would have been much worse if Goff would have gotten hurt.

Tough situation. .. cant play OL starters, so you limit offense.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Cut Battle.

I saw nothing useful from him at all tonight. He was beaten like a drum every series. If he didn't give up a sack, he was getting pushed back towards the qb. Snisher dropped the ball when they didn't take La'el Collins in the 7th and instead wasted a supplemental pick on this bust.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Same statements every year about it being just preseason.....and then.........well, we know what happens. 20 years of this.

Well, if you want to complain by all means you are entitled to. But game 4 of the preseason doesn't concern me at all.
I mean MN had under 200 yards of offense. Not like they lit it up either.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Goff HAS been hit plenty in this game, if you think the way Fisher has handled this game will benefit our young QB in any way I will have to disagree with you.
At the very least he should have left him in there to try and iron some things out. As it stands this crap will be on hthe back of his mind until his next chance, which might not be until next year. Not good, not good at all.

I never said he handled anything correctly. I didn't see the 1st half so I'll go back and watch it. All I'm saying is people are freaking out like it was a sample of game 1. It was pretty much scrubs. Goff wasn't going to look great with 3rd team guys.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I think it goes beyond the whole fact of Goff playing with 3rd team guys.
It's obvious that Goff needs all the practice he can get and I firmly believe that game-time experience is the most valuable.

While I certainly understand the risk of injury associated with playing him, he needs to put what he's been practicing to use in live action. There is always an element of injury risk playing football, whether it be behind 1st, 2nd or 3rd string offensive lines. Teddy Bridgewater proved you can get injured without being touched.

Hard Knocks showed him having some struggle with the play calling. Boras isn't going to be there come gameday to tell him "that was my fault, i should have been in the huddle with you." I think you really LEARN something when you have no other alternative.

Each rep that he took, and should have continued to take, gets him more familiar with play calling, speed of the game, and being in command of the offense. When you pull him to give Mannion more reps, you're hindering the guy's growth. He can't get better if he doesn't have the opportunity to go in there and right his wrongs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cut Battle.

I saw nothing useful from him at all tonight. He was beaten like a drum every series. If he didn't give up a sack, he was getting pushed back towards the qb. Snisher dropped the ball when they didn't take La'el Collins in the 7th and instead wasted a supplemental pick on this bust.
Agree with Collins, but Battle has a lot of upside .

fearsomefour

Legend
To me Thomas is a keeper at DT.
Fills a role and does it pretty well. Takes on double teams well....and is always double teamed when out there. Fox is a pure penetrator. Does it well though. Problem is the team has a couple of those guys at DT. Most teams do not however. Fix can't stand up at the point of attack. He looks like an NFL TE playing DT.
Problem is if you put him on the PS he may well get snatched up.
There are 10 D lineman I want to keep.
Brown had some of his old issues today at G. If he is in at G I am lining my best rushing DT over him or running stunts at him. If he has to move his fee pass blocking he is usually defeated.
Goff....100 miles to go.
But, that's ok. The throw for the TD to Britt....that is an NFL arm on display. Much more impressive than someone throwing a 60 yard rainbow bomb.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I like Thomas as a kick returner. He looks like he can take it to the house if given a chance. The best we can hope for Benny is the 40 yard line.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't seen most of it but judging by most reactions it's a little comical to me. This is game 4 of the preseason which is the least important of all. Barely any starters and Fisher probably doesn't give a rats ass how the play calling. looks. He treats Goff like Gurley (doesn't want him hit) so it's dink and dunk. The doom and gloom is a little funny tonight.
Now if we look like crap week 1 I get it. Just breathe people :)

I actually have been enjoying the meltdown..lol...It's the last Preseason game, and most of these guys will be begging for a job at Carls Jr by weeks end (maybe Gurley can get them a job). I read one guy say that he would stay away from SportsCenter for a few days, well, me too..I have been staying away for about 10 years, so why stop that streak? and "Goff has stepped into a worse situation that Sam Bradford"..C'mon man, are you effing kidding me? Don't make me drudge up memories of that horrific Oline from back then, and then act like what we saw tonight at all is equivalent, except these 4th string burger flippers might be better...

Goff didn't look that good after that first drive, but we will know exactly nothing until he starts with the 1's for an extended amount of time, which appears unlikely now...Just settle in for the ride boys, and hope Keenum maintains his Rams winning record at QB this year....

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Plz get rid of Quick. If you have to try so hard to justify this guy being on the team by running him with the scrubs HOPING he shows something, then it's time to pull the plug. GTFO

lockdnram21

Legend
Plz get rid of Quick. If you have to try so hard to justify this guy being on the team by running him with the scrubs HOPING he shows something, then it's time to pull the plug. GTFO
Tbh the play calling and qb was at fault a lot... I dont think to many wr could thrive in tbis offense

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I actually have been enjoying the meltdown..lol...It's the last Preseason game, and most of these guys will be begging for a job at Carls Jr by weeks end (maybe Gurley can get them a job). I read one guy say that he would stay away from SportsCenter for a few days, well, me too..I have been staying away for about 10 years, so why stop that streak? and "Goff has stepped into a worse situation that Sam Bradford"..C'mon man, are you effing kidding me? Don't make me drudge up memories of that horrific Oline from back then, and then act like what we saw tonight at all is equivalent, except these 4th string burger flippers might be better...

Goff didn't look that good after that first drive, but we will know exactly nothing until he starts with the 1's for an extended amount of time, which appears unlikely now...Just settle in for the ride boys, and hope Keenum maintains his Rams winning record at QB this year....

That what I think as well. Judging Goff without an extended period with starters around him isn't the best way to analyze his play. So when that happens and if he struggles that's a different story. Having guys like Austin and Gurley on the field at the same time changes the way a defense plays. Not to mention a decent OL..

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
It was great seeing Havenstein getting some gametime. Hopefully he will be in Monday night.