GDT: Rams at Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Double edged sword here - I want to see Goff get plenty of work - and ideally that work would come with the 1s, but I don't want any of the 1s to risk injury.

Game 4 is desperation time and the last thing I want is for a key piece to get hurt because some bubble player on the other side is desperate to get noticed.

I don't want to see any of the 1s on defense - but with the roster already cut to 75 I'm not sure they will have much choice but to play some of them for some time.

On offense, I'm less concerned with Goff playing with the 1s at the skill positions and more concerned that he is adequately protected. How much of our starting O Line are we really going to risk though? I'm fine with Saffold not being dressed, for instance.

Tough balance to find this game.

At least the Vikings won't be playing with all kinds of emotion.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I would like to see Goff with the 1s for a couple series. If the defense doesn't play I'll be fine with that too. We get some extra rest until our first game anyway.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
LMAO

Let's run the 1st team o-line....next series, take out Saff and Havenstein....3rd series, out comes Barnes...G-Rob & Brown come out the 4th....Last 1st stringer to leave is Wichman....

When Wichman leaves...Goff comes off the field...and Williams & Battle can get in the game at tackle...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
LMAO

Let's run the 1st team o-line....next series, take out Saff and Havenstein....3rd series, out comes Barnes...G-Rob & Brown come out the 4th....Last 1st stringer to leave is Wichman....

When Wichman leaves...Goff comes off the field...and Williams & Battle can get in the game at tackle...
has GRob brain bump been cleared to play?? who starts @ OLT?

I not hot to see Goff broke before the season begins....I prefer to see Mannion taking most of the snaps. Other areas Rams need cleared up is the back up OLT & the back up center. I am seriously tired of the Brian Quick experience & ready to move a year ago. Our two rookie TE's need work along with McRoberts & Austin Lee getting a ton of action.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
has GRob brain bump been cleared to play?? who starts @ OLT?
I heard he was doing fine...Hill & Robinson....
goff needs work...only one way to get it....after Mannion's last game...doubt he's ever a great backup option...Still not a Quick fan, huh? You'll see week 1 in SF....the rookies aren't ready...our rookie wr's were late round picks for a reason....look around...I don't know who's doing the wr scouting...but I'm noticing a problem...a lot of rookie wr's are looking pretty good. Hell, so are a lot of rookie QB's too...McRoberts is a story for hardknocks...so is Austin Hill...Thomas & Duke...they are the only rookie wrs with ability to play this game at a high level. The real question, will SPRUCE & Bradley Marquez get some reps? Or are they still hurt?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Double edged sword here - I want to see Goff get plenty of work - and ideally that work would come with the 1s, but I don't want any of the 1s to risk injury.

Game 4 is desperation time and the last thing I want is for a key piece to get hurt because some bubble player on the other side is desperate to get noticed.

I don't want to see any of the 1s on defense - but with the roster already cut to 75 I'm not sure they will have much choice but to play some of them for some time.

On offense, I'm less concerned with Goff playing with the 1s at the skill positions and more concerned that he is adequately protected. How much of our starting O Line are we really going to risk though? I'm fine with Saffold not being dressed, for instance.

Tough balance to find this game.

I hear you, 12. My thinking here:
  • We need to see more of Goff. He has to get game time experience.
  • I think it is foolish, at this point, to team him with anyone but first team OL and first team receivers. (If such a thing exist on our roster)
  • So we play first team for 3-4 series and play hard.
  • And we don't play scared.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Goff needs snaps, y'all. Keenum doesn't. Sit Keenum.

I would start Goff and play him into the 3rd qtr. Maybe all of it. He desperately needs some on the job learning experience and this is the only way to get it. Let him build his confidence. It's worth the injury risk. He's not gonna be our opening day starter, anyway.

Goff's development is Job One for Fisher. Don't waste a golden opportunity here.

Mannion can mop up in the 4th qtr. His future is next year.

Next most important is to sort out our 6th WR candidates. Let's see a heavy dose of passes, okay? Would help both Goff and the struggling WR candidates. We already know what our RB's can do, huh? So, fewer runs and more passes, please.

Beyond that? Rotate all bubble players to get them as many snaps on film as possible. Gonna be some excruciating cuts after this game.

If all three above goals are achieved, this will have been a successful exercise.

A55VA6

Legend
I want to see Goff play nearly the whole game. He needs the work and I think it would really help him alot. Sit Keenum, let Goff start, let Mannion finish the game off.

And I want to see WR's catch contested passes. Yeah..

And I want to see how some of the rookies make their last impression to try and make the team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If it's my call...
Players on offense that spectate: Keenum, Gurley, Tavon, Saffold, Britt.
I start Goff the entire first half and give him almost a full qtr with the 1's minus the guys listed above. Goff plays the 2nd qtr with substitutions. It's a bit risky but that would be my plan depending on how things go. Goff needs reps. He isn't going to start week 1 so if he gets a little dinged it isn't a big issue.
Mannion get's the 2nd half.

Players on defense that spectate: Donald, Quinn, Brockers, Hayes, TruJ.
I start Ogletree and give him a full qtr.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay... I converted this thread to our GDT.

Television coverage is crappy for this one.

Stay safe, Rams!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I guess we'll be seeing a lot of two 3'rd string QB's tonight. Stave has been the Vikings # 3, and they picked up Sorenson yesterday, a 2013 7'th rounder released from the Chargers.

Hope to see a number of interceptions by our DB's in this one.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, I want Goff to get reps but I def don't want him to get killed playing behind our 3rd string oline. Obviously, his snaps will needed to be handled with care as to who he plays with...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Once again i'll be earning a paycheck during the game so i'll be chiming in after i watch on gamepass.
Let's get out of preseason healthy and get Goff some reps.
Go Rams!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Gurley should not even dress.
There are several Rams that wouldn't play if i was HC.
My list includes Gurley, Keenum, Tavon, Britt, Saffold, Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Hayes, TruJ.
I would start Ogletree and give him a full qtr.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Once again i'll be earning a paycheck during the game so i'll be chiming in after i watch on gamepass.
Let's get out of preseason healthy and get Goff some reps.
Go Rams!

YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN US?!