GDT: Rams at Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
Folks...I was so angry, I'm just now able to say what I think about this loss. It's not on the players....IT'S ON FISHER AND CIGS!!!

What in the world type of play calling was that when the Rams were given the ball by Minny in overtime?. When a team gives you the ball first...that's the ULTIMATE disrespect to your offense...and Fisher/Cigs didn't disappoint.

THAT HAS TO BE THE WORST PLAY CALLING IN RAMS HISTORY!!!

I'M OUT!!! :mad:

RamWoodie

Legend
I can't agree. It was the EXACT time to decoy using Gurley with a play action fake and going to Cook or Kendricks! The middle of the Vikes defense was open the entire game. You hold Gurley in and use him as a safety valve to spread them out.

The Ram offense is so poorly designed because it's Gurley, Tavon, and Cook for the most part. THEY MUST INVOLVE EVERYONE to present a threatening offense.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Time to emphasize BIG hits.

Offense, defense, ST's. This team needs to get back to it's roots. ESPECIALLY the OL. GRob needs a mean streak instilled. He he his more focused on blowing his man up, maybe he won't grab so much.

Alan

Legend
We were missing too many parts. Our O-line sucks with Havenstein, without him it's horrendous.We couldn't run block at all. Any yards Gurley got were on his own. I saw a lot of errant throws by both QBs. I think the wind was swirling down on the field and it really effected both QB's accuracy. With the team we had last week, especially on D, this game would have been ours easily. I'm not discouraged except in regards to the injuries. And the dropped passes and penalties.

RamWoodie

Legend
The wind doesn't affect 5-7 yd passes Ram bro. It's as simple as this...Minny deferred because they didn't respect the Ram offense...and by that play calling the Rams didn't disappoint...hence 4-4!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To me, the bottom line is, IF Fisher had kicked the extra point instead of going for two after the TD we'd all be smiling today with a WIN!! Instead ......I feel like :poop:

Spike14

UDFA
Name
Spike14
To me, the bottom line is, IF Fisher had kicked the extra point instead of going for two after the TD we'd all be smiling today with a WIN!! Instead ......I feel like :poop:
Fisher maintained in his press conference that his decision for going for the 2 pt conversion was partially due to the win and partially tactical. What I would like to know is this: How was Greg Z's kicking accuracy during warm ups on that end of the field? Was he struggling? Again, a PAT is now a 33 yd kick. Was the wind that severe that he couldn't cut a ball through it?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Sorry
The wind doesn't affect 5-7 yd passes Ram bro. It's as simple as this...Minny deferred because they didn't respect the Ram offense...and by that play calling the Rams didn't disappoint...hence 4-4!!!
sorry, man but they deferred in order to choose the wind

With the new overtime, it makes perfect sense to play defense first. You know what you have to do and the wind was a clear advantage.

Alan

Legend
Exactly @Ramlock & @MarkMyWords . How many of those horrible passes that Foles threw happened against the wind? I know it's kind of de rigueur to say we need a different solution at QB right now but I'm staying the course with Foles until I see our O-line improve to at least mediocre and our WR corps play like an NFL WR corps. Unable to get into any kind of rhythm? Why would that be important for QB to do that? Missed seeing a wide open WR? Wow, I've never seen Warner do that. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be one of the few positive guys on this forum. :shocked: :icare:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be one of the few positive guys on this forum. :shocked: :icare:
Welcome to my club! How's it feel!?:D There's still a lot of us around!!:shades:

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51 being inclusive:
Welcome to my club! How's it feel!?:D There's still a lot of us around!!:shades:
I like pointing out all of our faults and predicting doom better. :unsure::( At least the company is great. :cheers: