GDT: Rams at Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's easy to look at one play or decision.

That play didn't beat this team today. Their putrid passing game and total unwillingness to even look at any kind of intermediate passing game. Throw it deep to our big WRs or bubble screens to our gadget midget.

Maybe it's because they have a QB who can't make those throws. I'm just saying.

And a QB that won't throw over the freaking middle. We could have beat the shit out of them over the middle when they started blitzing. Foles just never looks there.

The thing is, I can't tell if it's a bad throw...or just bad communication between him and the receivers. It just seems like sometimes neither one knows what route to run.

I have no idea. But what I do know is that he had two throws that were there that could have made the difference and he missed both badly.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Wow, there's a lot of overreacting going on here. Plenty of blame to go around, but some of you are going off the deep end. Two evenly matched teams and we went into this thing without Quinn, Long, McDonald, and Hav and we still lost in OT. I'm not happy at all, but damn!

mst1981

Rookie
Well, all that would mean, was if you made the playoffs with a good team, than you'd immediately get bounced, cuz Teddy isn't a very good QB either.

Plus Teddy would look worse that he does as a VIking if he was behind our O-line, and was subjected to our play calling.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Seasons not over and minn has a tough schedule the rest of the season, they will slide back. Rams really needed to pull ahead of seattle though
It really makes no difference. The Rams have no OL and therefore no offense. The Rams offense would not prevail in the playoffs.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's easy to look at one play or decision.

That play didn't beat this team today. Their putrid passing game and total unwillingness to even look at any kind of intermediate passing game. Throw it deep to our big WRs or bubble screens to our gadget midget.

Maybe it's because they have a QB who can't make those throws. I'm just saying.

No that play wasn't the smoking gun. But it was a pointless decision. We can kick from 61, but a extra point into the wind warrants not kicking? I realize our offense stinks, it has for years and it's the reason we lost. Doesn't change the fact that it was not a good call. I'd have been happy if we made it, but I'd have still thought it a pointless risk.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C Xcaret,
It really makes no difference. The Rams have no OL and therefore no offense. The Rams offense would not prevail in the playoffs.
The offensive line is not to blame I'm tired of hearing about the OL when Foles makes them look worse than they are

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Bottom line for me......

They are 4-4 and have the schedule in their favor. With all the injuries this week. (And they had a huge impact) this was a game they were expected to lose when we woke up this morning.

But if they don't figure out a way to get other guys involved (Quick, Bailey, Kendricks) then this offense will sabotage any future success.

How many time can you throw bubbles screens and run jet sweeps just to force the ball to Austin? Sure it looks good. But it isn't productive. Not at the expense of the rest of the offense.

There is no excuse not to be throwing the ball to these other guys. Except the QB refuses to look their way. You want to make Austin and Gurley more productive? Stop being so damn predictable.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Rams win with an extra point. Jes sayin.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles was awful again today. Awful. What happened to this kid?? Hit an open receiver for fuck sake.

Athos

Legend
Time to get Keenum some reps with the 1s.

His mobility may help the games of Austin and Gurley. He could actually......you know, SCRAMBLE FOR YARDS on busted plays.

I see Foles out there.......with running lanes open......and even Manning could probably run for a couple. Foles? Hell nah man.

And once again. Putrid on 3rd downs and no passes to the middle. Maybe one to LK who was WIDE OPEN. Never returned.

Foles........is doing worse than Bradford.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
O
The Rams win with an extra point. Jes sayin.
Or if they had a passing game. Or if the defense can pick up a fumble. Or actually make a play when they need a stop instead of numerous drive continuing penalties.

The game is 60 minutes long that decision had zero bearing in the final outcome.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its bad on offense @CoachO. As bad as I can remember. No OL and no QB is a bad combo. The defense deserves better. 24 PPG.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Foles isn't the whole problem, play calling has a lot to do with it,
While I agree with than sentiment in general. Foles is the problem in that he is one zeroing in on 2 receivers. It was that way in training camp and has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on.

There are so many opportunities in every game that are being wasted because he just won't look at other receivers. He refuses to look in the middle of the field. And the bubble screens have run their course.

Line up Quck and Britt outside on 3rd down and run an effing slant once in a while. Move the ball downfield. Right now our passing game consists of throws 30+ yards downfield that are nothing more than having Britt or Quick release and run deep fades. Or bubble screens.

There is no intermediate passing game at all because he can't make the throws. Sean routes to Cook and Kendricks. Move Austin back inside and run him up the seam. With Britt and Quick running crossing routes. Until I see that I will continue to believe it's because Foles won't make that throw.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Two things that really seem obvious to me

1) Foles" arm strength is average at best

2) His football IQ I'm going to have to question

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles almost looks like he is on Xanax to me. Slow.....an doofy,

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll tell you what guys. We really missed, Havenstein. His being out, directly affected the outcome of this game. I hope he's back soon.