GDT: Rams at Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What happened to GRob? Did anybody see the play?
I did not but it must have occurred in the later 1st quarter. GRob had a better night than Saffold. All I heard was he was in the locker room for possible head blow. later Fisher said that there were no significant injuries. The one he mentioned being the most of his concern was CB Troy Hill's blow to the head.

RamWoodie

Legend
What I came away with:

*Unless the offense gets more diversified...it's gonna be more frustration with redzone scoring...get ready for lots of FGs.

*Defense best be in shape...they're gonna play a lot of minutes.

*Goff is no where near ready to start...no mater if he's with the first unit or second...this kid is promising though, as is Mannion.

Bottom line...we don't know what we have yet in the Rams until it really matters...but right now I feel 8-8 is a good season.

Ram65

Legend
*Defense best be in shape...they're gonna play a lot of minutes

The 1st team OL looked good without Havenstein. The offense can have good ball control with Todd Gurely running behind the solid offensive line. The offense might surprise you.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And that pass to Higbee is why he shouldn't be starting.
Naw...just put a lil hot sauce on some of those...you're talking about Goff right? Higbee didn't have his usually sticky hands...

mike thomas must only make plays in practice to get as many reps as he does because he is definitely garbage in any game action. Thought he could beat out Quick, but no chance.
At this point, Mike Thomas only makes plays in practice...And he makes some eye-poppers too...You'd like him...
But he's a great player....He's better than Cooper IMO...and has a chance, with time, to replace our outside receivers...

Has anyone seen Battle yet?
#77 made an appearance....real late...look for major minutes from our....what was he again? Next week...Maybe 3 quarters....because\/
#63 is really not a OT

for all the glowing reports about Williams from our super TC reporters here on the boards, I don't see it...
Duke can catch...again, drops happen...first road game in the pros...knows he needs to stand out....
I'd really like to see him get 4-5 targets in a game...just so we don't make a mistake b4 we cut him...

Rams definitely need to draft receivers who can CATCH THE BALL!
They got me looking...only at 3rd round or earlier...haven't seen a late rounder work for us since...since...Az Akim...wait, was Az a late round pick?

So what makes you think Goff can let us go 7-9?
You mean, why do many believe Goff can take us to 10-6 or better? Talent...
So far this preseason, I'm not even sure if Goff is better than Paxton Lynch and Wentz. :(
this is true...I can't tell either...The only thing I'll say, Paxton doesn't look as bad as I expected...With that low wonderlic score...figured they'd treat him like Christian Hackenberg...remember him?

I don't know if Keenum gives us that much a better chance than Goff. At least with Goff you have a threat of golng deep and Gurley isn't looking at 8 in the box every play and DBs aren't sitting on the short passes.
He doesn't...look at last night, granted Goff played with some #2's...
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...nor-goff-effective-against-broncos-pass-rush/

team-header_lam.png

Quarterback grades: Case Keenum, 51.2; Jared Goff, 49.4; Sean Mannion, 66.3

Neither Keenum nor Goff effective against Broncos’ pass-rush

While Case Keenum got the start last night, he did very little to show that he’ll be able to play effectively as a starter come Week 1. Keenum was strong when in a clean pocket, completing all six passes for 64 yards. But when he saw pressure, he folded, completing just two-of-six throws for 13 yards and a pass that should’ve been intercepted. Goff really struggled when dealing with pressure, as well, as he didn’t complete a single one of his six passes when under duress. The No. 1 overall pick wasn’t missing throws badly by any means, but he just didn’t have the accuracy many were hoping to see out of him. He also had one very poorly thrown ball that should’ve been intercepted and returned for a touchdown.

Top offensive grades

HB Terrence Magee, 73.7

TE Lance Kendricks, 73.1

WR Pharaoh Cooper, 70.3

G David Arkin, 70.0 (who is this???)

WR Kenny Britt, 68.0

Rams’ receiving corps with positive flashes, but consistency questions still remain

The Rams’ receiving corps made some big-time catches last night, but they were few and far between. Rookie WR Pharaoh Cooper had one of the most impressive catches of the game, using one hand to track down an off-target throw to pick up 19 yards and a first down. That was his only catch of the game, however. Kenny Britt had one nice catch-and-run for 19 yards, but that was all he really did this game. On the other end of the scale, rookie TE Tyler Higbee and WR Michael Thomas had some struggles. The two combined to catch just two of nine targets for 25 yards; they also each dropped a pass.

Top defensive grades

ED Matt Longacre, 82.0

DI Aaron Donald, 79.9

LB Alec Ogletree, 78.6

LB Nicholas Grigsby, 78.5

DI Cam Thomas, 78.0

Longacre continues his impressive preseason run with another strong game

While it would be criminal not to mention Aaron Donald’s high game grade earned in just six snaps, this was another great night for Matt Longacre. After a hugely successful first preseason game, Longacre returned to that high level of play this week. He recorded three pressures while rushing the quarterback, and also recorded two solo run stops. Longacre currently ranks 10th in the league in pass-rushing productivity at his position—pretty good numbers for a guy going into his second season on an already-stacked Rams’ defensive line.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Of the game or lady friend? :) Have a great time!

LOL. Sorry I lost my friggin iphone last night. ugh. Could of been caused by the 5 fireball shots I had or the several beers.
Sorry to disappoint you all . No game pictures. I did take some mental pictures of my girl but I can't post those :)

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
At this point, Mike Thomas only makes plays in practice...And he makes some eye-poppers too...You'd like him...
But he's a great player....He's better than Cooper IMO...and has a chance, with time, to replace our outside receivers...

Mike Thomas better than cooper? No way, did you see Coop's catch? Coop in game action on way fewer targets than Thomas has a spectacular catch, a TD, and drop after a big hit which is way more understandable than any of Thomas' drops.

Great Thomas is practice superstar, but we have been waiting on practice superstar like Quick for years and look how that turned out. Thomas has gotten more game action and targets than any other WR and I am pretty sure it isn't even close. What does he have to show for it? a catch or two and numerous ugly drops. Its nice that he looks good in practices, but he has to show in games when it counts and he certainly hasn't been able to do that yet

RamWoodie

Legend
The 1st team OL looked good without Havenstein. The offense can have good ball control with Todd Gurely running behind the solid offensive line. The offense might surprise you.
Not unless they can get down the field and come away with TDs over FGs. I don't dispute that the offense could surprise, but at this point the passing game is mediocre at best. I'm not discouraged because I know Gurley and TA haven't played many downs, and I *think* the offense is just running basic stuff...so I'm reserved...but not particularly encouraged.

Ram65

Legend
Not unless they can get down the field and come away with TDs over FGs. I don't dispute that the offense could surprise, but at this point the passing game is mediocre at best. I'm not discouraged because I know Gurley and TA haven't played many downs, and I *think* the offense is just running basic stuff...so I'm reserved...but not particularly encouraged.

My comments were more about your referencing that the defense better get use to being on the field a lot. I think the Rams will be able to control the ball more this year. They should have a solid time of possession with the running game. I agree they need TDs more then FGs. I guess the reality for the Rams to win will be great defense, great special teams and a close to average offense.

RamWoodie

Legend
My comments were more about your referencing that the defense better get use to being on the field a lot. I think the Rams will be able to control the ball more this year. They should have a solid time of possession with the running game. I agree they need TDs more then FGs. I guess the reality for the Rams to win will be great defense, great special teams and a close to average offense.
It's possible...but only time will tell.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thomas has gotten more game action and targets than any other WR and I am pretty sure it isn't even close. What does he have to show for it? a catch or two and numerous ugly drops. Its nice that he looks good in practices, but he has to show in games when it counts and he certainly hasn't been able to do that yet
Interesting, why are they giving Mike Thomas such a extended tryout? Why are they literally forcing him the ball? If you look at thomas, he's reminded me of Ike Bruce...no, not in production...not yet...but his movements...and his effort, from play to play is awesome....I know this guy is a player, it just hasn't clicked yet...What's even more surprising, I am sure they will keep him on the roster...over a guy like Nelson Spruce...and maybe Bradley Marquez