GDT: Rams at Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
So you think Goff would perform better against the #1 defense, the #1's on Denver? You're joking right? I'm at a loss for words.
Guys who can catch the ball? Yeah, I think he would fair much better....and guys who can pass block...yup, count me in. You're telling me that Goff's struggles are due to his inaccuracy, holding the ball too long, and inability to take a snap? You're joking right? I'm at a loss for words also

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He does get 7 wins a year, so I guess it pays off. Playing the scrubs when you don't have a chance of contending and never giving the young guys a little burn doesn't help your team in the long run. It's pretty frustrating. Makes you wonder how much better we could be with a different coach.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is a true statement. But here's the deal. I actually think Keenum can get us to the playoffs, Wildcard.
With the drought we've had for over a decade, that kind of IS the promised land. :)
I don't know if Keenum gives us that much a better chance than Goff. At least with Goff you have a threat of golng deep and Gurley isn't looking at 8 in the box every play and DBs aren't sitting on the short passes.
Then next year Keenum is gone and Goff still doesn't have any experience. I would rather watch Goff gain some valuable experience and provide a little excitement than watch Keenum manage the game and hope the defense and special teams have a great game to give us a chance of winning a close game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If you get it, then why comment on it, and in a disparaging way? Move on....no need to take personal shots...but that's just my opinion (y)

While i've been supportive of Coach Fisher thru his trading decision & development of Goff, I haven't spammed the board with pro or anti-Fisher/pro or anti-Goff rhetoric. The HC made a choice, and Keenum is our starting QB, the decision was made a couple weeks ago and some of us have learned to live with it while others use every opportunity to disparage both coach & Keenum. We all know Goff is the future, and his day may be tomorrow or at the BYE or some other time, only Fisher can answer when he believes Goff is ready to take over full time. Goff has all the abilities we have been looking for other than experience, a full knowledge of the play-book, and working under Center. His day is coming very soon, few believe different. Fisher wants to win as much as any of you, he's going to do what he thinks it will take to get those victories. I'm sure if his strategy backfires many of you will jump all over him, but he has a far better appreciation for where Goff is at today than anyone on this board.
If telling someone you believe they sound like they're whining is a 'personal shot', then there is some seriously thin skin in these parts. jmo.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I think after this season, we should stop blaming the players and blame the coaching staff and call for their heads if we do not win this year.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you continue to to do the same thing year after year and are known as Mr. 7-9, maybe it's time to change your approach a little. Fisher hasn't adapted his approach
Fisher is a good defensive coach, but thinks offense is play very conservative and don't turn the ball over. He hasn't adapted to a changing league and has fallen behind. I sure hope he opens up the offense when the season starts or it's going to be another boring year.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think after this season, we should stop blaming the players and blame the coaching staff and call for their heads if we do not win this year.
I have been blaming the coaching for quite a while. They keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Fisher effed himself with that 7-9 speech on Hard Knocks. The guy talks the talk and seems to be a likable person. But a lot of us on here have been bitching and moaning about the same piss poor coaching decisions and tactics for a few years now.... an nothing has changed.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Fisher effed himself with that 7-9 speech on Hard Knocks. The guy talks the talk and seems to be a likable person. But a lot of us on here have been bitching and moaning about the same pee pee poor coaching decisions and tactics for a few years now.... an nothing has changed.

It was a pre-season game. Fisher rarely shows his hand in the pre-season. 1'st team O and D played well for a vanilla gameplan, especially for a road game against the Super Bowl Champs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let's be honest for 1 minute.

There will always be coaching flaws that piss us off.
There will always be 20/20 hindsight to use to prove how wrong they were and how right we were.
There will always be better coaches, etc.

The fact is that since Fisher has been here, he hasn't had a QB capable of getting us past 7-9.

When good teams lose their QB for the season, 7-9 is what they get.

Sure we could do better. We could do much worse, like our last two coaches.

Fisher made a bold move to get a QB prospect that looks like he has the talent to take us to the next level.

If you like Gurley and Donald and Brockers and Ogletree and Tavon and Tru.... then you like Fisher.

A new HC means a rebuild, not a reload.
Be careful what you wish for.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Let's be honest for 1 minute.

There will always be coaching flaws that pee pee us off.
There will always be 20/20 hindsight to use to prove how wrong they were and how right we were.
There will always be better coaches, etc.

The fact is that since Fisher has been here, he hasn't had a QB capable of getting us past 7-9.

When good teams lose their QB for the season, 7-9 is what they get.

Sure we could do better. We could do much worse, like our last two coaches.

Fisher made a bold move to get a QB prospect that looks like he has the talent to take us to the next level.

If you like Gurley and Donald and Brockers and Ogletree and Tavon and Tru.... then you like Fisher.

A new HC means a rebuild, not a reload.
Be careful what you wish for.

How about a reboot?

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
It was a pre-season game. Fisher rarely shows his hand in the pre-season. 1'st team O and D played well for a vanilla gameplan, especially for a road game against the Super Bowl Champs.

Oh, no doubt. I really WANT to believe Fisher is playing it coy and we're just seeing the vanilla package.
But then again, we all said and hoped the same thing last year. There's NO excuse to practice bad habits and bad football, pre-season or otherwise. How many times last year was it 3rd and 8... and we go for the 5 yard pass?

The guy STILL seems to be content with kicking FGs and playing the field position game. That's all fine and dandy if you're playing against another coach/team that's afraid of winning... but more often than not, we'll get run off the field.
7-9 would be a best case scenario. I'll gladly eat crow if we see something different this season. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Oh, no doubt. I really WANT to believe Fisher is playing it coy and we're just seeing the vanilla package.
But then again, we all said and hoped the same thing last year. There's NO excuse to practice bad habits and bad football, pre-season or otherwise. How many times last year was it 3rd and 8... and we go for the 5 yard pass?

The guy STILL seems to be content with kicking FGs and playing the field position game. That's all fine and dandy if you're playing against another coach/team that's afraid of winning... but more often than not, we'll get run off the field.
7-9 would be a best case scenario. I'll gladly eat crow if we see something different this season. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Keenum is not Foles, and last seasons injury riddled OL is not what we are starting with this season, also Gurley is with us from game 1 this time around. My real worry on offense is that we won't trade for a quality receiver.