GDT: Rams at Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
#63 OLT Darrell Williams was :owned: all night.

We had three injuries right .....GRob/Brockers & Troy Hill???/

bluecoconuts

Legend
He had a few good throws but definitely a lot of rookie moves. I cannot understand people who want to start him, it literally baffles my mind. There is nothing in the preseason that has shown me otherwise.

Because we know what Keenum offers, and it's honestly not a lot... Goff is the most talented QB on the roster by a good margin.. So it comes down to rolling the dice, you take a risk for Goff and there's a potential higher payout... Keenum won some games for us last year, but there were some games he was pretty abysmal where even decent QB play could have brought us a W.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So you think Goff would perform better against the #1 defense, the #1's on Denver? You're joking right? I'm at a loss for words.

He largely did play against the Denver 1's didn't he? We pulled our starters early, Denver did not. Once we put in our backup O-Line, the protection was gone, and Goff started getting smacked around.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what makes you think Goff can let us go 7-9? I can point you to the preseason stats but I'm REALLY curious as to what people see.

He's a much more talented player. What do I see in the preseason? A much more talented thrower.

Do you think Goff would have looked different tonight throwing to our first team WRs, TEs, and HBs with the starting OL blocking for him? I certainly do. Goff managed to drive us down the field for a FG against Denver's starting defense with our SECOND-team offense. Enough said.

Keenum is what he is. He's a limited game manager. Goff will make more mistakes than Keenum. But he will also offer much more upside than Keenum on every play. He opens up our offense in a way Keenum doesn't.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yes and the best way to win now is Goff, not play the exact same QB clone with the exact same offense that went 7-9 last year.

Is that what Coach Fisher said ? Guess I missed that.
Not really the same offense, the OL appears healthy this time around, Foles isn't the QB, Gurley will be starting on game 1, Kendricks is TE1, Cooper is WR3, ... what else am I missing ?

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
He's a much more talented player. What do I see in the preseason? A much more talented thrower.

Do you think Goff would have looked different tonight throwing to our first team WRs, TEs, and HBs with the starting OL blocking for him? I certainly do. Goff managed to drive us down the field for a FG against Denver's starting defense with our SECOND-team offense. Enough said.

Keenum is what he is. He's a limited game manager. Goff will make more mistakes than Keenum. But he will also offer much more upside than Keenum on every play. He opens up our offense in a way Keenum doesn't.
Pretty much sums it up.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To me, Thomas and Williams Blew their shot at a Roster spot Tonight!!JMHO

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They moved Heaven and Earth so Goff can be the future of this franchise, that doesn't mean now. He is a work in progress, the Rams clearly recognize his talents but he is going from a spread offense at Cal to the NFL. That isn't a transition that is made easily and I don't expect Goff to start this year and neither should anyone.

Oh good lord....
So what makes you think Goff can let us go 7-9? I can point you to the preseason stats but I'm REALLY curious as to what people see.

Um... Goffs arm talent.
You have went on and on with your take.... it feels like sour grapes, like you were against the pick to begin with and are using a stat line to support your cause.
Wentz guy?

If Goff can't throw to WRs who will catch, if his 2nd/3rd string linemen can't protect him, how is he supposed to develop the timing, rhythm and experience that a rookie QB must have?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A lot of Balls where Dropped Tonight that should have been caught! WHY!!!???

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
To me, Thomas and Williams Blew their shot at a Roster spot Tonight!!JMHO

We have young depth available behind Thomas, not sure we have much behind Williams. I agree though, they were both terrible.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I haven't seen it been said much here, but I really like how Goff looks to push the ball downfield rather than check it down.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I see these pre season games as target practice with blanks. Speculation is good, but dont end up saying something that may get you in the end.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
freak winning preseason games I just want everyone healthy.
I UNDERSTAND WANTING TO KEEP PLAYERS HEALTHY " BUT!' I was raised you always play to win, not matter what!! Read my Signature at the Bottom!!

McRoberts is as solid and reliable as they come. The Rams have been hiding him like crazy to hopefully keep him on the PS.