GDT(Preseason Style): Rams at Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
Radway's having a pretty decent game. I like his range.

Same here, with that 6th spot up for grabs, I want to see someone step up... Assuming we do keep 6 receivers. Would have been nice to hang onto the 2 point conversion, but I probably wouldn't have thrown to him with that coverage.
I think we will keep 6, and it is WIDE OPEN.

And then he drops that perfectly thrown ball that probably is a TD. ugh.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

Same here, with that 6th spot up for grabs, I want to see someone step up... Assuming we do keep 6 receivers. Would have been nice to hang onto the 2 point conversion, but I probably wouldn't have thrown to him with that coverage.

I know, and Clemens, is > Davis.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Browns announcers "hit him in the numbers and he can't make the catch. That's gotta hurt if you're a St Louis Rams fan (the Hail Mary play at the end of the game).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamsSince1969 said:
Browns announcers "hit him in the numbers and he can't make the catch. That's gotta hurt if you're a St Louis Rams fan (the Hail Mary play at the end of the game).
That's Kosar for ya. He was banging on everything the Rams did all game.
I almost wanna tell the NFL to give me my money back for having to listen to that douche nozzle.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

I know, and Clemens, is > Davis.

Didn't think I would agree before, but I do. Clemens is just a better backup.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Clemens has way more experience... playing against the 3rd and 4th stringers was a major advantage for an NFL QB with his experience. Candy from a baby.

My broadcast had Bernie Kosar doing the color. He is super cerebral with his football IQ. At one point, he emphatically proclaimed that Clemens is NOT an NFL QB. I have to agree.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
X said:
RamsSince1969 said:
That's Kosar for ya. He was banging on everything the Rams did all game.
I almost wanna tell the NFL to give me my money back for having to listen to that douche nozzle.

I've quite honestly never been that damn annoyed listening to a game in my life. He is by far the worst announcer I have ever heard. If I had to sit in a booth with him every week I would kill myself first.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
My broadcast had Bernie Kosar doing the color. He is super cerebral with his football IQ. At one point, he emphatically proclaimed that Clemens is NOT an NFL QB. I have to agree.
I think everybody had Kosar as the "analyst."

But cerebral? If cerebral means doped up on klonopin, then I agree.
Dude was a complete dick the whole game.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
DR RAM said:
quebecramfan said:
That Kozar dude is one frustrated mofo.... He bitches the rams all game long on how bad the play calling is and all.... and then when the rams have a good play he is saying "awww yeah this is only preseason you will never see them get away with this during the regular season... blah blah blah..."

I never heard a guy broadcast such negative criticism towards players...sounds like a depressed bum sitting at the bar....
yep.
I absolutely couldn't stand him

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Selassie I said:
Clemens has way more experience... playing against the 3rd and 4th stringers was a major advantage for an NFL QB with his experience. Candy from a baby.

Your being sarcastic, right?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:

Dude was a complete dick the whole game.

He did sound like he was medicated ,,, but he was calling out the defense pre-snap on most plays.

He was trying to call the game in the eyes of what he would do in a regular season game. Even in his medicated state he showed excitement at some of the very basic looks out D was giving him.

We played Base D and O for the whole game ... Kosar saw the weakness many times.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
bwdenverram said:
Selassie I said:

Maybe out game plan was to run base everything. Line up and run what is called. No audibles ,,, just run the play and keep the clock rolling. Preseason.

But I still don't like the thought of Clemens as #2 ... give me Davis.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Selassie I said:
bwdenverram said:
Selassie I said:

Maybe out game plan was to run base everything. Line up and run what is called. No audibles ,,, just run the play and keep the clock rolling. Preseason.

I was referring to Kosar...Dude was a total dick the entire game.

I think Clemens looked better tonight but who knows on that front. Let's hope we never have to find out...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:

That's precisely what happened, because I don't recall seeing a single audible. I'm sure Coach wanted to see the RBs run against a stacked front. How else are you going to gauge the RB's capabilities in short yardage situations?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I concur.

Kosar is an old,flaccid homerdick,who sounded like he was 89 yrs old during the broadcast.
He had 1 really good year in the NFL. I get being a homer and all,but i felt his approach was pretty unprofessional at times.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
X said:
Selassie I said:

That is some seriously funny s^%t
But seriously WR's catch the ball it's important.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
mojorizen7 said:
I concur.

Kosar is an old,flaccid homerdick,who sounded like he was 89 yrs old during the broadcast.
He had 1 really good year in the NFL. I get being a homer and all,but i felt his approach was pretty unprofessional at times.
He knows what he's talking about from a technical standpoint, but yeah - he was totally unprofessional as a commentator - particularly the comments about Clemens (e.g., "Forgive me father, for I have sinned ... I have to watch him play"). And after Lutzenkirchen had that nice toe-tapper along the sidelines late in the 4th, Kosar said this (I had captions on) ...

1eHRD.jpeg

He finished the sentence by saying, "because that's two good routes by the Rams receivers in a row." Meaning, nobody is teaching our receivers how to run routes, so it's a mystery how Lutz was able to run a good route. Just totally banging on the receivers all game as if he was summarizing their entire careers.

Just a douchey job all around, IMO.