GDT: Packers at Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Cook-itis. It's spreading!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Mike Martz proved not all great coordinator's make great head coaches and McVay may very well be Gruden 2.0, but to not even interview Kyle Shanahan was a massive mistake. He is clearly the best OC in the league and his system fit both Goff and Gurley the best. What makes matters worse is the in division rival seems poised to get him. Again not hating on the McVay hire, but hating on the fact Shanahan didn't get a single interview.

He was interviewed, just not by the Rams.

And the word was from those he WAS interviewed by that he came across as arrogant. That was from MULTIPLE sources.

I think he's going to be a disaster in SF.

The idea that Demoff would hire McVay without ANY info on Shanahan is just silly...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
And just in Jared Cook typical fashion, makes the hard catch as he's going to the ground with ball thrown behind him.

FRO

Legend
Wait 2 drops on the 1st drive of the 2nd half? I thought he was the best TE in the NFL after last week :D
Remember his first game as a Ram? I thought he was an all pro type TE. Cook has great talent and flashes it time to time. His problem is between times he flashes his talent he normally sucks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey look he's catching passes again. Look for him to drop one in the end zone here soon.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am confused by Jared Cook.
IMG_1019.JPG

FRO

Legend
Holly hell in a handbasket. That Jones fellow is good at catching the oblong pig sphere.
Thought the Rams had a shot to draft him, only for him to run an outstanding 40 time at the combine.

FRO

Legend
He was interviewed, just not by the Rams.

And the word was from those he WAS interviewed by that he came across as arrogant. That was from MULTIPLE sources.

I think he's going to be a disaster in SF.

The idea that Demoff would hire McVay without ANY info on Shanahan is just silly...
You can't always go on information or reports. You need to interview the guy yourself and make your own determination. He's the best OC in football. Not at all saying the Rams made a bad hire, because only time will tell. Just wished they would have talked to the guy.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
You can't always go on information or reports. You need to interview the guy yourself and make your own determination. He's the best OC in football. Not at all saying the Rams made a bad hire, because only time will tell. Just wished they would have talked to the guy.

I think Mcvay fits the bill for us. I'm not going to keep harping on why we didnt try harder to get Shanny...It is what it is lets see what the youngster can do.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That's game. Julio is the best in the game. Who's going to stop these guys? New England doesn't have a great defense.
#1 in the NFL in points allowed. They'll beat this Falcons team. They're superior defensively and of course they can play with anyone offensively.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Me, too.

But decisions have to be made in real time.

Hire McVay (who also came with the BEST Defensive Coordinator in Pro Football) OR... lose this guy that every indication is going to be a great HC for an interview.

Just that... an interview. And then likely have to wait until after the Super Bowl to START putting together a staff. That has to be part of the equation because no hire was gonna be the entire equation.

In light of the real time issues, I can't fault the Rams.

It's not just McVay v. Shanahan. It's McVay and Philip et al v. Shanahan and HIS staff.

In those terms... seems a pretty easy decision to me.