GDT: Lions at Seapigeons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Shocker, Seattle "won" with help from the refs. Its times like this I wish the league would make them go back out and finish the game right.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
welcome to Seattle where you have to beat the Seahawks and the refs who are influenced by the 12th man

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Not sure if I'm more upset about the fact the Seahags won or that I'm out $450 thanks to Calvin's fumble. A quite depressing game for me to say the least :cry:

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Seattle is primed for a whole season's worth of crushing defeats based off the breaks they have gotten over past few years.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

calvin is the brandon gibson of elite wrs. always good for a bonehead play when the game is on the line. just hold the ball. he knew a defender was coming at him. what a bonehead play by him.

Rainram

Starter
I'm a little late to the thread...but I'll add that while I despise the Seahawks as much as anyone else here....

As much as that was obviously a penalty, I look at the intent of the play or how it would have affected the outcome. He wasn't knocking it out to keep them from recovering the ball.
Ball was going out anyway. No chance Detroit recovers it. Wagner could have just easily grabbed it.

Dumb play because it was a penalty and it could have cost them the game technically. But if they reversed it and got the call right, by the letter of the law, Seattle would have lost on a technicality.

That loss is on Johnson for fumbling.

Boy, is Seattle's offense not looking too good. And their defense, while still good, is far from invincible...can be exploited. I believe they are the 3rd best team in the division.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another gift win for the Hags because the refs don't know the rules . Unbelievable

PhxRam

I look at the intent of the play or how it would have affected the outcome

How many times have we seen a penalty flag thrown for a hold on the opposite side of the field? A hold that had no effect on the outcome of the play, yet it gets called routinely.

In this particular case I don't think its a judgement call. It is pretty black and white, either he batted it out or he didn't.

The NFL is really opening a can a worms if they are going to allow refs to selectively enforce rules..

PhxRam

"I have spoken to the referee (Tony Corrente). He did not see that part of the play because that is not his area. The back judge (Greg Wilson) felt it was not an intentional act, that it was inadvertent," he added.

I guess that is one way to admit failure.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
CQmqd3wUcAA96-I.jpg

Somebody please tell me how THIS guy could not tell that the ball was intentionally batted out of bounds. Even the VP of officiating admitted that it was intentional.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We have GB next week and Cincy should hand Seattle their hat...easily. So, there's that.

Oh, and Kam's only making his point. 2 losses without him, 2 super close wins with him, but in large part because of his added contribution. If Kam is still holding out, no doubt this Seahawks team is 0-4.

PhxRam

We have GB next week and Cincy should hand Seattle their hat...easily. So, there's that.

Oh, and Kam's only making his point. 2 losses without him, 2 super close wins with him, but in large part because of his added contribution. If Kam is still holding out, no doubt this Seahawks team is 0-4.

I think Kam is getting all the credit for the forced fumble to end the game, but it looked like he was late to the party on a play where the ball was already coming out.

PhxRam

I think Kam is getting all the credit for the forced fumble to end the game, but it looked like he was late to the party on a play where the ball was already coming out.

After looking again it appears I was wrong. Wont be the last time.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno. Without the punch, I think it's a bobble that Megatron just gets back under control as it crosses the plane.

No way to know, really...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think it was stupid by Wright to bat it, but the fumble effectively ended the game one way or the other. Wright could easily (and should) have just picked up the ball and gone out of bounds. There were no Lions near him.

Bad non-call, but less horrid than I imagined hearing the complaints on the radio this morning.