GDT: Cowboys@Bradfords

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean the game did turn on that no-call. They would have gotten the ball inside the 5 with another shot at the 2 point conversion needed to tie the game. Without it, game was over barring an onside kick miracle.

The hit to the head didn't. But the other arm grabbing his arm did.
The hit to the arm isn't a penalty though

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The hit to the head was. You can't isolate the two. They happened simultaneously.
I think you can. I was pulling for Minnesota to tie it up, wanted them to win. But the hit that caused him to release high was a solid hit. If they threw the flag for the hit to the head it would have been a lucky break

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Say what? :confused: Here's the only true queen of the Vikings...

shieldmaiden___cover_art_by_paulabrams-da2yqto.png

Is it just me or does she kind of look likea better version of Tori Spelling?

TJ Clemmings might be the worst starting player - at any position in the league. I'm deadly serious.

Another one of these physical freaks that hit the scene late in the prospect talks. Raw was the word that I didn't like. Couldn't understand the love........but then I don't know how GRob was a top ten either.

I could say your comment was ridiculous.. Just because I don't see anything special from the guy besides running behind the best o line in the game. You put any running back behind that line you get the same production.. I think Dak is the better of the two my .02

Elliott is a good runningback period. He hits the hole very quickly and takes what he can get on every play. I liken him to a better Benny Cunningham. He is not beautiful to watch, he just gets it done. I am the farthest thing from an Ohio State fan, but have to give credit where it is deserved. Elliott would be a good back on any NFL team, not just Dallas.

Sammy B. will go down in NFL history as a QB who had an average career and never fulfilled his potential.

His supporters will claim injuries, lousy teams, lousy HC's and OC's, or bad luck.

Others will claim he should have "elevated" the teams he played on. No excuses.

I say, whatever happens and however he's remembered by fans, he'll still be filthy rich.

Richie-Rich.gif

Sam is the ultimate tease. Great arm talent but no instincts.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...me-to-give-better-protection-to-quarterbacks/

Mike Florio

Last night’s failure of referee Tony Corrente to call at least two roughing the passing penalties for illegal hits to Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford reconfirms the inability of the naked eye embedded in a middle-aged body without the protection of padding while meandering around young, strong, fast men in armor to see what’s actually happening.

It happened late in the first half, when Bradford took a helmet to the midsection and exited the game for a few plays, giving everyone (except Cowboys fans) an unwanted glimpse of what the rest of the game would have looked like with Bradford’s backup in the game.

The far more consequential failure came when Cowboys defensive tackle Cedric Thornton hit Bradford in the head on the two-point conversion attempt that would have sent the game to overtime. Once again, a referee failed to see what was happening right in front of him.

The NFL’s reaction to this chronic failure to protect quarterbacks is both predictable and, ultimately, ineffective. “We’ll continue to talk to the officials about this,” senior V.P. officiating Dean Blandino surely will say. Yes they will, and the officials will continue to fail to get the calls right.

At some point, the league needs to accept that no amount of talking will fix the problem. Which means that other solutions must be considered. Here are two ideas.

One, as many have argued, would be to make hits on quarterbacks subject to replay review. Since most of them happen away from a thick cluster of players, the available camera angles will routinely provide indisputable evidence of blows beyond the shoulder-to-knee strike zone and hits in the strike zone with the helmet.

If it’s OK to bog the game down to determine whether a defensive player got his pinkie toe off the field some 40 yards from the action, it should be OK to bog the game down to provide appropriate protection for the most important player on either team.

Second, if the officials can’t or won’t in real time notice an illegal hit on a quarterback, why not adopt the kicker/punter rule? If the ball is out, you can’t hit the quarterback at all.

While that won’t solve the problem of illegal hits occurring on a quarterback who hasn’t gotten rid of the ball, it provides a so-simple-a-caveman-can-do-it bright line. Once the throw is away, the quarterback is protected against any and all contact.

Yes, that would be an extreme measure. But it would be effective, if the goal is to better protect quarterbacks. And if the NFL refuses to take meaningful steps to protect quarterbacks under the current rules.

http://deadspin.com/officials-missed-a-huge-blow-to-sam-bradfords-head-on-g-1789588104

Officials Missed A Huge Blow To Sam Bradford's Head On Game-Deciding Play
Patrick Redford

hstajfpgqyqoydzwcqc8.jpg

Screencap via NBC

The Minnesota Vikings held Dak Prescott to his fewest yards passing in an NFL game and staged a late comeback against the Dallas Cowboys tonight, but they came up short on a late two-point conversion and lost, 17-15. After hitting Jerick McKinnon for a touchdown pass, Sam Bradford airmailed his two-point throw a few yards above his receiver’s head, effectively ending the game.

But the play should not have counted, as Cedric Thornton got Bradford right in the face just after he released the ball. An official was staring right at the play, but he missed it, and the Vikings lost.

The Vikings have now lost six of their last seven games and their playoff chances have fallen to 32 percent, per FiveThirtyEight. That’s a disappointing place to be after a promising 5-1 start without Adrian Peterson and Teddy Bridgewater. They should have had a late chance to force overtime tonight, but they got hosed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you can. I was pulling for Minnesota to tie it up, wanted them to win. But the hit that caused him to release high was a solid hit. If they threw the flag for the hit to the head it would have been a lucky break

It's not a lucky break. A lucky break is a DB having an interception bounce off his hands into the WR's hands for a TD. That would have been a bad and illegal play by the defender.

The hit that caused the errant throw was an illegal hit. There's no disputing it. The Cowboys got the lucky break that they weren't called for it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not a lucky break. A lucky break is a DB having an interception bounce off his hands into the WR's hands for a TD. That would have been a bad and illegal play by the defender.

The hit that caused the errant throw was an illegal hit. There's no disputing it. The Cowboys got the lucky break that they weren't called for it.
I guess I wasn't paying close attention last night because watching again today I see how wrong I was.