GDT: Cowboys at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
Fisher says Goff's left shoulder was sore after the hit so that's why Goff was pulled early.
IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!! There's next week for the kid...but at least he got a taste of NFL level defense and speed.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Can we carry four running backs? That's where my headcount question comes in. We going to drop a TE? WR? Not an expert by any means on positions and how many typicly make the 53 but I think we carry 3 QB's so something has to give. (Mannion showed his worth tonight).

Dont forget Chase Reynolds, he makes 5 RBs. Green and Brown will both have to excel on STs to make the roster. IMO someone will be left out, and I dont think the Rams can stash either of them on the practice squad, teams will pick up whichever one is stashed on PS.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Watching some of those replays, Dez Bryant is a push off artist.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Dont forget Chase Reynolds, he makes 5 RBs. Green and Brown will both have to excel on STs to make the roster. IMO someone will be left out, and I dont think the Rams can stash either of them on the practice squad, teams will pick up whichever one is stashed on PS.
STs play will be key for Green displacing Reynolds on the roster. He is the perfect replacement Mason IF he can play STs like Reynolds.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

#RamBall, I just did an edit on my post about Chase, agreed the others (Brown, Green) would not clear waivers and if they did being on the PS would be risky. Even if the team that picks them up off the PS had to add them to the 53, it would be worth it to an injury depleted team.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
My thoughts:

1) Higbee and Spruce look like exactly the kind of guys we've been missing.
2) Quick looked decent. Blocked well on Benny's TD.
3) Case played like we should expect him to play: nothing spectacular but effective in general.
4) Goff did fine. His first series didn't seem to be called very well (how predictable was that run play) and he had some jitters. Second series was great for a kid playing his first NFL game with the weight of franchise on his shoulders. Looks like a future top-10 guy.
5) Chase Reynolds had two bad mistakes on special teams, and should be gone after this preseason. Just not the guy he's supposed to be.
6) Sean Mannion extremely mediocre. Slow feet, inability to do more than hit short quick routes that won't be open against real defenders. Really confirmed to me that he should never be the starter.
7) would've liked to see more from our secondary. Troy Hill played well.

Edt: Chase Daniel doesn't play for the rams...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
89,140 fans set a new record for a pre-season professional football game in the U.S.
Not too shabby L.A.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He deserves more reps.

And are his reps going to come at the expense of the #1 pick we are preparing to start or the current starting QB?

I'd rather get players who will actually play this year reps.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Fisher says Goff's left shoulder was sore after the hit so that's why Goff was pulled early.

I was wondering if something like that was possible.

Hope the shoulder is okay.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
And are his reps going to come at the expense of the #1 pick we are preparing to start or the current starting QB?

I'd rather get players who will actually play this year reps.
Realistically. In an injury prone sport you shouldn't rely on just one to carry a team. Equally 1st to 3rd stringers should be ready to whatever inevitable events may come.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Some Nuggets

Nice to see TJ McDonald playing in Rodney McLeod old post.
RDE Eugene Sims is way too slow to bring the pressure.
Easley & Coples inside is a very good 2nd team DL.
DE Seau is worth keeping an eye on.
Hager play well @ MLB'er.
Roberson & Senabaugh got beat often
Hope FS Brian Randolph did not tear his left ACL
Maybe Reynolds can move from RB to WR with Spruce.
Mannion shock:shocked:.
Many holds on Aaron Donald early

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Yup, I heard it also. Fish continued to say that Goff would be getting plenty of time to play with the 1's as the pre-season plays out.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Benny, Brown, Green... all impressed me. This is gonna be a tough battle for the last running back spot (and that's a list without Gurley II)! One things for sure though...

Mason, your time in the NFL is up.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Benny and Case played a whopping 3 series.

I'm not confusing anything. Preseason, despite what you want it to be, is not when rookies get a feel for the playbook. That's what camp is for. Games are them trying to executewhile avoiding injury.
I used them as an example, be it a bad one. I'm sure other starters got more reps but I don't want to look up stats at this moment.

You've clearly expressed your opinion on preseason games and I have expressed mine. Im not gonna get into a pissing contest with you or anyone else because you and I are not Jeff Fisher but we are certainly entitled to our opinions on how things played out.

Enjoy your evening. (y)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, watching Jared Goff presser and it hurts me to see him stand there. His shoulder must be pretty sore. He's standing with one shoulder much higher than the other and there is a bulge on his right shoulder. I don't know if it is an ice pack or a Russian stem taped on there but I thought Fisher said he was sore on his non-throwing shoulder?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Realistically. In an injury prone sport you shouldn't rely on just one to carry a team. Equally 1st to 3rd stringers should be ready to whatever inevitable events may come.

That's nice and all. But in the real world, preparing players who will see the field in more than a contingency situation trumps the contingency.