GDT: Bengals@Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/sports/cincinnati-bengals-at-arizona-cardinals-nfl-pick.html

Bengals (8-1) at Cardinals (7-2)

8:30 p.m. Line: Cardinals by 5

N.F.L. Week 11 scores and highlights

Cincinnati’s strong start was no illusion. Between a defense that is harder to score on than any in the N.F.L. and an offense that can stretch the field, the Bengals started 8-0 and looked nearly unbeatable. Then the Houston Texans beat them soundly and now they go on the road to face a red-hot Cardinals team.

Mike Iupati, the left guard who is charged with protecting the Cardinals’ aging and frail quarterback and running back, was taken off the field in an ambulance last week with a neck injury. Arizona says he has been cleared to play, but if he is unable to go, or is limited, it could affect the Cardinals’ game plan.

The Bengals have a comfortable lead in the N.F.C. North, and remain one of the better teams in the league, but they appear on their way to following an eight-game winning streak with a two-game losing streak.

PICK: Cardinals

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Almost half-way through the second quarter and it's 7-7. Palmer has thrown two interceptions.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watching. This is the annual point in the season where my Rams are done and i look to hate on others.
Give me any team to come out of the NFC other than the Bruce Arians Tard squad.

14-7 Bengals late 2nd qtr

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Teams in the NFC I hate more than the Cards (well kinda) 49'ers, Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Saints, Vikes, Packers and Bears

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Teams in the NFC I hate more than the Cards (well kinda) 49'ers, Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Saints, Vikes, Packers and Bears
There isn't near enough Card hate in this fanbase, especially when you consider the last 2 years. I often wonder if it's because of where they came from, and the St Louis based Rams fans. Don't know.

Neither Harbaugh or Dick Carroll(surprisingly) have shown the amount of classlessness towards our team that Arians has, not to mention the more recent history of head to head matchups.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
There isn't near enough Card hate in this fanbase, especially when you consider the last 2 years. I often wonder if it's because of where they came from, and the St Louis based Rams fans. Don't know.

Neither Harbaugh or Dick Carroll(surprisingly) have shown the amount of classlessness towards our team that Arians has, not to mention the more recent history of head to head matchups.
Your account of this is probably true. For me the Seahawks got under my skin long before the Cards have. The other teams are just muuuch longer and more storied rivalries from way back and unfortunately at 52 I remember a lot of the reasons for them. The Cards just don't match it yet. I probably should have added the Falcons from the old alignment days. Oh Well. I have said it before 1 favorite and 32 second favorite teams

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Your account of this is probably true. For me the Seahawks got under my skin long before the Cards have. The other teams are just muuuch longer and more storied rivalries from way back and unfortunately at 52 I remember a lot of the reasons for them. The Cards just don't match it yet
I completely understand that angle. I'm 46 so you & I both understand the 49er stuff. The Seattle hate is weirder to me. Not much history there, if they hadn't gone to back to back Super Bowls does anyone care? Also, the Rams have had some success vs Seattle even over that time.
Arizona has owned the Rams lately and their HC took direct potshots at our team.

To each his own. I think it matters too if you're a Rams fan living among rival fans geographically. The entitlement of Cardinals fans is laughable to me and i have to hear & see it every day. They've been the worst team in the NFL for 50 years and when they find some success, all i hear is whining about no respect...and they GIVE no respect to other teams either.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I often wonder if it's because of where they came from.

I think that's the reason. The few football fans I know from the St. Louis area are die-hard Cardinal fans. (Of course, they're old like me)

And just as I root for the Horns no matter what city they're in, my friends can't seem to let go of their love for that Red Bird.

oh yeah, and I also agree that Arians is a dick-head.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I completely understand that angle. I'm 46 so you & I both understand the 49er stuff. The Seattle hate is weirder to me. Not much history there, if they hadn't gone to back to back Super Bowls does anyone care? Also, the Rams have had some success vs Seattle even over that time.
Arizona has owned the Rams lately and their HC took direct potshots at our team.

To each his own. I think it matters too if you're a Rams fan living among rival fans geographically. The entitlement of Cardinals fans is laughable to me and i have to hear & see it every day. They've been the worst team in the NFL for 50 years and when they find some success, all i hear is whining about no respect...and they GIVE no respect to other teams either.
I believe you hit it with the geographic thing. The Cards are a bit of an unsupported team in LA where the Seahawks garner great support. It maybe my circle which is quite large or the other obvious reason for a polarizing team USC and Pete carroll. Other than the one time with Arians I don't hear much of any noise about the Cards. seahawks on the other hand a very different story. Also Seattle was a thorn in our side during the storied Vermeil and Martz days playing us maybe tougher than anyone.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Huge 4th and 4 conversion for Cincy there. Results in a TD.
28-21 Tards early in the 4th qtr

TXRams86

The Infamous
Geez, I think AJ Green has to be the skinniest WR in the NFL.
He's like the Kevin Durant of WR's.
Dude has no meat/muscle whatsoever on his arms. All bone.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
31-31 1:03 left
AZ will throw it deep and get a PI call to win it. Book it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My new logo for the Arizona Cardinals
th

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Someone please explain to me why cincy didn't just run the ball on that third play. They have two timeouts with a little over a minute left. If they get the first down, you call timeout and still leave yourself with one. If, however, they don't convert, then you milk the clock down and kick game tying field goal and leave the cardinals with little time to win.

Dumb dumb dumb dumbbbb

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Someone please explain to me why cincy didn't just run the ball on that third play. They have two timeouts with a little over a minute left. If they get the first down, you call timeout and still leave yourself with one. If, however, they don't convert, then you milk the clock down and kick game tying field goal and leave the cardinals with little time to win.

Dumb dumb dumb dumbbbb
I agree. They needed 2 yards(?) for the first down and throw a low % pass to the pylon. Hmmmm....