GDT: 49'ers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
This is really the first game since the 60s the Rams have had two 60+ yard TDs?

How the hell did the GSOT not smash that?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Gotta be consistent with passing the ball, big plays like the Gurley and Austin TDs won't come easily. Hope we beat the Viqueens next week.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
The kind of game Fisher is known for. Beat them in other aspects than the passing game.

With respect I'd like to say that is NOT the way you keep winning in the NFL (ignoring the passing game)
Fisher NEEDS to address if right now, and spend nearly all practice time on it.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lovely job that, nice to have a winning record for a change!

jap

Legend
Final Stats
Horns
Pass Nick: 14/23 for 191, TD, 0 for PR of 101.90
Rush TGII: 20/133, TD
Tre: 15/46
Tavon: 3/21, TD
Grab Tavon: 4/98, TD
Cookie: 2/57
TGII: 3/13
'9ers
Pass Kap: 20/41 for 162, 0, 0 for PR of 59.20
Rush Kap: 6/26
Gaskins: 5/6
M Davis: 10/4
Grab Simpson: 3/34
Patton: 2/33
V Davis: 6/24

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is really the first game since the 60s the Rams have had two 60+ yard TDs?

How the hell did the GSOT not smash that?
I was amazed when I heard this on NFLN! The 1st time since " 1961!" WOW!!:headexplosion: Mind -Blowing surprised the GSOT never did it!! Can you imagin what Tavon & Gurrrrley will do when the get REALLY GOING!!:D:rolllaugh:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm sorry to make this negative point, but we honestly do not have a single receiver worth a damn except for Austin. We just can't count on Quick after that shoulder injury (which was what I was worried about), Cook, despite having a good game, is not a good tight end, Bailey had a horrible game today and hasn't really shown up, Britt had a horrible game and will likely be released at the end of this year, Kendricks is tough but not reliable, Harkey is a great blocker but not a receiver, and while I love Bradley Marquez, he should not be catching passes out there yet.

I know that defensive end is a major weakness if Hayes and Sims leave, but we must draft at least two wide receivers in the first three rounds, including one in the first. Josh Doctson is my choice, along with De'Runnya Wilson in the third. Both of them are big receivers with good body control, solid hands, and they fit our system well. Doctson is a safe choice in the mold of DeVante Parker/Jordan Matthews, while Wilson is a riskier investment like Kelvin Benjamin who could turn out to be a stud. Both of them will be able to contribute next year.

We have a lot of needs, but wide receiver is the absolute number one need this offseason. And no, Alshon Jeffery is not the answer because Chicago won't deal him to a team they're going to play in two weeks, if they even deal him at all. And we have to re-sign Jenkins, Johnson, and Barron.

I'll be frank: we are not going to win games without a guy who can take pressure off of Gurley and Austin, and Fisher should not be our coach next season if TOP is so fucking important that we take our foot off of their throats in the third fucking quarter by running it three times in a row on two consecutive possessions. That was Fisher. Not Cignetti. Fisher took control of the gameplan there.

One third down conversion out of fifteen is inexcusable. We will not win in Minnesota if we have another shitty offensive performance like that. I was pleased with the offensive line. Aside from Gurley and Austin, though, our skill position players didn't show up. Period. I'm very upset at our skill position players aside from those two. With that much talent, they should be dominant.

I'm upset at this win. We should've stomped those fuckers flat, especially since they are a hated divisional rival who committed so many silly penalties that it became a new NFL record. No points in the third quarter against that team is absolute fucking bullshit and totally inexcusable, especially at home.

I'm going to vent about it hard in the draft thread with a new mock offseason. I know we won this time, but we played arguably one of the worst teams out there. I'm very upset at Fisher. I'm happy that we won, but I hate how we won. We came out flat at home against a division rival, and our defense, Tavon, and TG30 carried us to that win, in spite of Fisher's bullshit offensive gameplan in the third.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I am always happy to see the Whiners lose, especially so when the Rams are the team beating them. I went to joint to watch this game but left at halftime. The Rams D is very good. The offense? Not so much. They pretty much stink save for Gurley and Austin. Watching the horrible O took the fun out of it. That and I was expecting to start seeing officials blowing out rotator cuffs and heading over to Saffold to ask for a referral. If this team makes the playoffs, and it's still a big if, it'll likely be one and done. Playing offense so poorly and taking so many penalties will make playoff success a long shot.

jjab360

Legend
I'm sorry to make this negative point, but we honestly do not have a single receiver worth a damn except for Austin. We just can't count on Quick after that shoulder injury (which was what I was worried about), Cook, despite having a good game, is not a good tight end, Bailey had a horrible game today and hasn't really shown up, Britt had a horrible game and will likely be released at the end of this year, Kendricks is tough but not reliable, Harkey is a great blocker but not a receiver, and while I love Bradley Marquez, he should not be catching passes out there yet.

I know that defensive end is a major weakness if Hayes and Sims leave, but we must draft at least two wide receivers in the first three rounds, including one in the first. Josh Doctson is my choice, along with De'Runnya Wilson in the third. Both of them are big receivers with good body control, solid hands, and they fit our system well. Doctson is a safe choice in the mold of DeVante Parker/Jordan Matthews, while Wilson is a riskier investment like Kelvin Benjamin who could turn out to be a stud. Both of them will be able to contribute next year.

We have a lot of needs, but wide receiver is the absolute number one need this offseason. And no, Alshon Jeffery is not the answer because Chicago won't deal him to a team they're going to play in two weeks, if they even deal him at all. And we have to re-sign Jenkins, Johnson, and Barron.

I'll be frank: we are not going to win games without a guy who can take pressure off of Gurley and Austin, and Fisher should not be our coach next season if TOP is so freaking important that we take our foot off of their throats in the third freaking quarter by running it three times in a row on two consecutive possessions. That was Fisher. Not Cignetti. Fisher took control of the gameplan there.

One third down conversion out of fifteen is inexcusable. We will not win in Minnesota if we have another crappy offensive performance like that. I was pleased with the offensive line. Aside from Gurley and Austin, though, our skill position players didn't show up. Period. I'm very upset at our skill position players aside from those two. With that much talent, they should be dominant.

I'm upset at this win. We should've stomped those fuckers flat, especially since they are a hated divisional rival who committed so many silly penalties that it became a new NFL record. No points in the third quarter against that team is absolute freaking bullcrap and totally inexcusable, especially at home.

I'm going to vent about it hard in the draft thread with a new mock offseason. I know we won this time, but we played arguably one of the worst teams out there. I'm very upset at Fisher. I'm happy that we won, but I hate how we won. We came out flat at home against a division rival, and our defense, Tavon, and TG30 carried us to that win, in spite of Fisher's bullcrap offensive gameplan in the third.
Lol, what an absolutely ridiculous game to be upset after. We completely destroyed our division rival and we weren't even playing near our best. If you can't be happy about that then it says a lot more about the fan than the team.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I'll be frank: we are not going to win games without a guy who can take pressure off of Gurley and Austin, and Fisher should not be our coach next season if TOP is so freaking important that we take our foot off of their throats in the third freaking quarter by running it three times in a row on two consecutive possessions. That was Fisher. Not Cignetti. Fisher took control of the gameplan there.

One third down conversion out of fifteen is inexcusable. We will not win in Minnesota if we have another crappy offensive performance like that. I was pleased with the offensive line. Aside from Gurley and Austin, though, our skill position players didn't show up. Period. I'm very upset at our skill position players aside from those two. With that much talent, they should be dominant.

I'm upset at this win. We should've stomped those fuckers flat, especially since they are a hated divisional rival who committed so many silly penalties that it became a new NFL record. No points in the third quarter against that team is absolute freaking bullcrap and totally inexcusable, especially at home.

I'm going to vent about it hard in the draft thread with a new mock offseason. I know we won this time, but we played arguably one of the worst teams out there. I'm very upset at Fisher. I'm happy that we won, but I hate how we won. We came out flat at home against a division rival, and our defense, Tavon, and TG30 carried us to that win, in spite of Fisher's bullcrap offensive gameplan in the third.
A 21 point difference.
A division rival.

Yeah, I'm not at all about to bitch about this game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Lol, what an absolutely ridiculous game to be upset after. We completely destroyed our division rival and we weren't even playing near our best. If you can't be happy about that then it says a lot more about the fan than the team.

We should've absolutely stomped them, and you can't deny the ridiculous gameplan in the third quarter where they ran all but a few times (and I'm not even sure that Cignetti had full control of that gameplan. I'm just as much a fan as you are, and more positive than most (I don't even think you can deny that), but this was a game where we should have crushed them. They set an NFL record in penalties. We got quite a few lucky breaks (the Jared Cook block-in-the-back that could've easily negated Austin's touchdown, the Trumaine Johnson pass-interference that set up a fourth down), injuries to all of their running backs aside from a guy that they just brought up from the practice squad, Boldin didn't play, and we had one third down conversion. We didn't score at all in the third.

Do you think that that beats Minnesota on the road? Or Cincinnati? Arizona? Seattle on the road? Or maybe another team who we underestimate like Washington and have a letdown game against?

We didn't destroy them the way we should have. That's why I'm not happy. There is absolutely no reason why we should've let our foot off of the gas-pedal in the third, and I'm very upset at whomever thought it was a good idea to run Mason six times in a row in tune to two three-and-outs.

Athos

Legend

Look. I enjoyed the win over the Whiners as much as the next guy. Hate the fuck outta them.

But there's nothing to be happy about with this O.

We've had like 2? Maybe..... 3rd down conversions last two games. And not very many on the season I'd guess.

The offense just isn't good outside of two players that won't be able to carry the load against better teams.

We are in desperate need of quality pass catchers we can rely on.

jap

Legend
We didn't destroy them the way we should have. That's why I'm not happy. There is absolutely no reason why we should've let our foot off of the gas-pedal in the third, and I'm very upset at whomever thought it was a good idea to run Mason six times in a row in tune to two three-and-outs.

Think of it as a teaching experience---a young OL learning to methodically & consistently blow out DL's at the end of a game. There was also the sub-goal of getting Tre back into a comfortable running flow. We are going to need him down the stretch when TGII needs a blow.

Yes, we need receivers to step up, and we need Nick to be more consistent as the season winds on. However, everything begins by getting your big guys up front into a consistent flow where they are playing off each other and wising up to the veteran tricks of savvy DL opponents. This is only Week Eight and Game Seven for us. We need this young OL to bond over the next few games while the schedule is relatively light, or we will have hell to pay when dealing with playoff-caliber opponents later on.