GDMT - Game Day Menu Thread - Bye Week Addition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is one of my favorite weekly threads, and even if it’s bye week… We still gotta eat!

Do you have football Sunday food plans? Lets hear them!

bluecoconuts

Legend
No football since I have date numero dos but I'll be making a spicy crispy chicken chow mein dish for us, and we'll watch a film. She already requested/planned dates three and four so as long as I nail dinner I think I'm in.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw some thick cut spicy looking onion rings at the store… I will airfry some of those for appetizer for the early games.

Its supposed to rain something like 2” over the next 24hrs, starting right about kickoff of the first games. Good day to watch football.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We are hosting for Thanksgiving so with all the that Turkey being served I echo the sentiment of the great Sam Elliot "Beef, it's what for dinner." We are preparing a selectant Eye Round Roast along with roasted vegetables with a fine pinot noir to enhance the flavor as we are keeping it simple before Thursday.

Eye-round-roast-16.jpg

Roasted-Vegetables_56.jpg

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
A close friends grandma tested positive for Covid so my wife and I have been making up a bunch of food so we can deliver to her and her husband - he doesn't really know how to cook.

My wife also works a ton this week and needed easy to eat meals for work. She's a pharmacist.

Ham and Turkey sliders on Hawaiian rolls.
Chili.
Pierogies.
Pepperoni rolls.
Hot Pockets.
Homemade rolls.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I am more of the cook in the family and along with the theme to keep it easy before the turkey day bonanza I am preparing a crockpot dish I have never tried. Total comfort food for a chilly Sunday California evening.

A parmesan and cream cheese shredded chicken pasta dish slow cooked in a favorite Italian dressing served with steamed veggies.

Sounds good huh. We will see. :laugh1:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I am more of the cook in the family and along with the theme to keep it easy before the turkey day bonanza I am preparing a crockpot dish I have never tried. Total comfort food for a chilly Sunday California evening.

A parmesan and cream cheese shredded chicken pasta dish slow cooked in a favorite Italian dressing served with steamed veggies.

Let us know how it turns out.

Always looking for slow cooker dishes that are easy and good.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm taking advantage of the bye week and no soccer for the kids.
I'm going to put up the Christmas lights and get that out of the way.

In turn, we will be going out to dinner tonight.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

How does that even work . Sounds like the old airplane food.

Eye is in the beholder.Can’t imagine that at all really. Then again I’m making all kinds of things,including a Turkey & Roast pork. Not sure how any of the things I’ll make will turn out.Just thinking Cole-Slaughter of the Niners today. Down goes Zona with Cam- A’s. Then Hags? GB needs to go down today though. F” A-Rod.
Hope all turns out fine.Pasta in a slow cooker,can’t imagine unless cooked first.Then Italian dressing & cream cheese. Not sure if just a can of cooked chicken.
Could see it as a tasty Chix- Mac like baked.

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
How does that even work . Sounds like the old airplane food.

Eye is in the beholder.Can’t imagine that at all really. Then again I’m making all kinds of things,including a Turkey & Roast pork. Not sure how any of the things I’ll make will turn out.Just thinking Cole-Slaughter of the Niners today. Down goes Zona with Cam- A’s. Then Hags? GB needs to go down today though. F” A-Rod.
Hope all turns out fine.Pasta in a slow cooker,can’t imagine unless cooked first.Then Italian dressing & cream cheese. Not sure if just a can of cooked chicken.
Could see it as a tasty Chix- Mac like baked.
You ain't invited so you don't need to be concerned about eating "old airplane food". :laugh1:

It came highly recommended. I must have missed "judgement" in the recipe. :zany1:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You ain't invited so you don't need to be concerned about eating "old airplane food". :laugh1:

It came highly recommended. I must have missed "judgement" in the recipe. :zany1:
Eye is in the beholder man.... Eye is in the beholder... Wait. What???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
L

Happy Eats.Was just curious & gave a cheese & crackers response.

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Let us know how it turns out.

Always looking for slow cooker dishes that are easy and good.
For the review @Dodgersrf , I would do it again.

It is pretty damn rich as comfort food to me is suppose to be. For a family of two a ton of left overs.

We used Olive Garden Dressing, as named, which IMO was a good choice. Both the M-wife and me thought it needed something else to tone down the heaviness. After much debate we decided we would add diced tomatoes to keep with the Italian flare and lighten it up.

We can take the left overs and add that in after this work week.

The chicken shredded well and the recipe is as advertised. Next time we will back off the suggested 1/2 cup of dressing.

We have affectionally named this dish "Old Airplane Food".

Love having a funny wife.

Here is the recipe. This site has many easy recipes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For the review @Dodgersrf , I would do it again.

It is pretty damn rich as comfort food to me is suppose to be. For a family of two a ton of left overs.

We used Olive Garden Dressing, as named, which IMO was a good choice. Both the M-wife and me thought it needed something else to tone down the heaviness. After much debate we decided we would add diced tomatoes to keep with the Italian flare and lighten it up.

We can take the left overs and add that in after this work week.

The chicken shredded well and the recipe is as advertised. Next time we will back off the suggested 1/2 cup of dressing.

We have affectionally named this dish "Old Airplane Food".

Love having a funny wife.

Here is the recipe. This site has many easy recipes.

Wishing you a good week, & your dessert was even better. Have to have my own party. Thanks 4 sharing