Gase picks Bears despite Rams / 49'er interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm getting a bit anxious on the OC front - but there are still plenty of good options out there.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Michael Silver @MikeSilver
· 26m 26 minutes ago
“@RapSheet: The #Bears are hiring Adam Gase as their offensive coordinator, source said. It’s a 3-year deal.” Beat out rams, niners

And also:

Michael Silver @MikeSilver
· 25m 25 minutes ago
“@RichCimini: New Jets GM Mike Maccagnan plans to hire Rams scout Brian Heimerdinger. #nyj [espn.go.com] …” considered a rising star

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...rs-to-hire-adam-gase-as-offensive-coordinator

The Bears will hire former Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase to fill the same position in Chicago, NFL.com reports. The two sides have agreed to a three-year deal. The Bears confirmed the agreement via an announcement.

Gase spent the last six seasons with the Broncos organization, serving as the team's wide receivers coach for two years and quarterbacks coach for two years before being promoted to offensive coordinator before the 2013 season. The Broncos finished second in the league in offensive points scored in 2014 after finishing with a massive lead over the rest of the league in the same category in 2013, scoring 37.9 points per game and 10.1 points better than the league's second highest-scoring team, the Bears.

Gase was expected to take the offensive coordinator job with either the Jaguars or Ravens, according to a report earlier in the week, but news broke Tuesday night that he would interview for the Bears' vacant position Wednesday. He takes over a unit that finished 23rd in scoring offense in 2014 after ranking second in the same category the previous season.

Gase will be reuniting with former Broncos coach John Fox in Chicago. The pair guided the Broncos to a 25-7 record in the regular season in 2013 and 2014 as well as an appearance in Super Bowl XLVIII.

V3

Hall of Fame
is this what free agency is going to be like too?
I said like a week ago that I thought people should temper their expectations for FA and OC. Why would anyone want to come here when they don't know if they're(Rams) moving and we don't have a QB and no chance at getting one any time soon since we won't be picking at the top of the draft? The Rams are in a bad position.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm good with Chud or Gase, but I would prefer a daring hire like the Eagles made, and hire an offensive coordinator like Kelly.

OK but who is going to operate that on the field?

Bradford?

Yikes!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I said like a week ago that I thought people should temper their expectations for FA and OC. Why would anyone want to come here when they don't know if they're(Rams) moving and we don't have a QB and no chance at getting one any time soon since we won't be picking at the top of the draft? The Rams are in a bad position.
I think one of the biggest things also is that this could possibly be Fisher's last year.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Seems like no one wants to be a OC for the Rams, very disappointing.

It does seem like that doesn't it, why do you think?
Players, FO, coaches? I have a feeling its the fact that people don't want to be Fisher's OC, I think he has a way, and doesn't want to deviate from that...

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm not reading anything overly negative into it so far. This is a just a process. It's still over 10 days away from the Super Bowl, season isn't even over yet, not the time to panic. Maybe it's just I didn't see any of these guys as being so amazingly unique that missing out on any of them was the end of the world; indeed I thought many of them were just bad fits for our team anyway. Fisher is very cool and deliberate, I wouldn't be surprised to see him wait for Chud to clear the Colts contract if that's his guy. Or perhaps he went into this process thinking if there was no perfect fit out there he'd just promote from within for the sake of continuity. I will be a bit disappointed if that happens as I was looking forward to something more than Schotty 2.0 and talk of winning 13-10, but not the end of the world.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to think overly negative, but it is sounding more and more like no one does want the Rams OC job.

There are too many reasons why... and that's what has me feeling negative.

Overcome one obstacle? OK.
Overcome two? Maybe
Overcome three? Feeling nervous
Overcome four? I'm out

Chud is really the last "name" out there now. If he passes, I think the Rams have to understand they have a real "PR" problem on their hands.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it has anything to do with potentially moving. It's the fact that the other teams have there qb already or someone young with potential. Also I think it was Wagoner that I seen tweet to a fan that Chud either wants to go to 49ers or stay with colts

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't think it has anything to do with potentially moving. It's the fact that the other teams have there qb already or someone young with potential. Also I think it was Wagoner that I seen tweet to a fan that Chud either wants to go to 49ers or stay with colts
Moving sucks. Moving a family sucks even more. How could moving yourself to STL and then your family to STL only to find out you have to do it all over again to LA not be an issue? I wouldn't take the Rams job unless they told me they weren't moving. I honestly think it plays a factor. It's not everything but when you take that and the QB issue, you have your reason why no one that's higher profile wants the job.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
It does seem like that doesn't it, why do you think?
Players, FO, coaches? I have a feeling its the fact that people don't want to be Fisher's OC, I think he has a way, and doesn't want to deviate from that...
Seems like we take one step forward than 2 steps back. Fish hires Shotty than Bradford gets hurt. Shotty comes back for another season and Bradford gets hurt. Bradford getting healthy and we lose Shotty. Rams go 7-9. 7-9. 6-10