Gary Kubiak to remain Ravens OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
GS MILLS, Md. -- Gary Kubiak will not interview for any head coaching openings and will remain the Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator in 2015.

The New York Jets had requested permission to talk to Kubiak earlier this month, and the Chicago Bears were expected to pursue him.

"It is flattering and humbling to be invited to interview for a number of NFL head coaching positions, and I greatly appreciate these opportunities," Kubiak said in a statement released by the team. "But I have decided to stay with the Ravens."

Kubiak led the Ravens to their highest offensive ranking in 17 years, so it's not a surprise that a team would be interested in him to be its next head coach. Under Kubiak, the Ravens finished No. 12 in offense and set a franchise record for points scored in a season (409). "This is a special organization and we, like [Head] Coach [John] Harbaugh says, are building something great," Kubiak said. "I want to be a part of that and contribute in whatever ways I can."

Kubiak's statement came one day after the Ravens were eliminated from the playoffs, a 35-31 loss at the New England Patriots.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...remain-baltimore-ravens-offensive-coordinator

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now Gentlemen before all of you get all sentimental on me and post that it refreshing to see a guy stay on, Kubiak is flat out nuts. He's got some great opportunities and who knows maybe he thinks he might have a chance at the Bronco job and is pushing away the likes of the Lions, Tigers and Bears, but oh my goodness I am shocked at this and I know he had some health problems before and that could be factoring in, but IMO, the Bear job was his to lose.

MrMotes

Starter
Now Gentlemen before all of you get all sentimental on me and post that it refreshing to see a guy stay on, Kubiak is flat out nuts. He's got some great opportunities and who knows maybe he thinks he might have a chance at the Bronco job and is pushing away the likes of the Lions, Tigers and Bears, but oh my goodness I am shocked at this and I know he had some health problems before and that could be factoring in, but IMO, the Bear job was his to lose.
First thing that went through my mind was health, wouldn't be surprised if that's why he's staying put...