Garrett Grayson 2:30 ABC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As much help as they need at WR, their line is a big hot mess. No LT and that RT? Yesh. Not all that much better. If they wanna get Newton killed again, I suppose they could go get another WR...but if they don't get premium talent on the O-Line, Cam is going to have another subpar year and it won't be because of the weapons. 36 sacks and counting. And that's in a bad defensive division to boot.

I agree...which is why I agree with jrry in that the Panthers could be a great partner for a trade down.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've liked what I've seen from Grayson so far. Utah offense has been unstoppable so far.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've liked what I've seen from Grayson so far. Utah offense has been unstoppable so far.

How has Sambrailo done against Orchard?

FRO

Legend
Thoughts?

Numbers weren't pretty, but he fit some balls into some tight windows. Didn't have a clean pocket most of the game. I think he is a good fit in the second or third round.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I agree, it was about the least ideal situation to try to showcase him in between Utah getting constant pressure, the head coach leaving for Florida and zero running game, and I thought he hung in there tough and made some nice throws while on the move. He also showed solid mobility on that touchdown, which is always a welcome asset.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thoughts?

Numbers weren't pretty, but he fit some balls into some tight windows. Didn't have a clean pocket most of the game. I think he is a good fit in the second or third round.

I still like Travis Wilson better! But Grayson did showcase that he was not folding under constant pressure. Any hopes that Dave Baldwin had getting the Head Coaching gig just was down the drain. They should hire Michigan State Spartan DC Pat Narduzzi tomorrow before he takes the job at Pitt!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still like Travis Wilson better! But Grayson did showcase that he was not folding under constant pressure. Any hopes that Dave Baldwin had getting the Head Coaching gig just was down the drain. They should hire Michigan State Spartan DC Pat Narduzzi tomorrow before he takes the job at Pitt!

Travis Wilson is a really bad QB. Don't let one game fool you. :cool:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Let me start by saying I like Grayson quite a bit and think Fro's mock of Collins, Erving and Grayson the best. That being said and please bear in mind we are talking about a 3rd rounder.

My biggest concern at the next level is his ability to go through his progressions. He can make the throws but can read the defense and take what the defense gives him. In 90% of his plays he takes 1 read, keys on that read and delivers to that person. I don't see a QB going through his progressions.

Even his deep balls he is locked into the hot reciever and never looks off. Never a pump fake to draw the safety away from the coverage.....not even a glance to the other side of the field. Sounds sime and an easy fix but you can't get away with that at the next level.

There is a lot to like about his game but this is a concern for me and something that is kind of a big deal. It's small details that separate greatness and mediocrity. Bradford had a similar problem his first 2 or 3 years in the NFL and still something he has not fully corrected, so it's not exactly an easy fix.

That being said I would love this guy in the 3rd and still like Fro's mock with Grayson in the 3rd

FRO

Legend
Let me start by saying I like Grayson quite a bit and think Fro's mock of Collins, Erving and Grayson the best. That being said and please bear in mind we are talking about a 3rd rounder.

My biggest concern at the next level is his ability to go through his progressions. He can make the throws but can read the defense and take what the defense gives him. In 90% of his plays he takes 1 read, keys on that read and delivers to that person. I don't see a QB going through his progressions.

Even his deep balls he is locked into the hot reciever and never looks off. Never a pump fake to draw the safety away from the coverage.....not even a glance to the other side of the field. Sounds sime and an easy fix but you can't get away with that at the next level.

There is a lot to like about his game but this is a concern for me and something that is kind of a big deal. It's small details that separate greatness and mediocrity. Bradford had a similar problem his first 2 or 3 years in the NFL and still something he has not fully corrected, so it's not exactly an easy fix.

That being said I would love this guy in the 3rd and still like Fro's mock with Grayson in the 3rd
He isn't the perfect prospect, hence being a second through forth rounder. He does have many good qualities you can build with. Love his pocket presence and accuracy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I turned on the game to see Garrett Grayson and thought I was watching Garrett Gilbert instead.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I turned on the game to see Garrett Grayson and thought I was watching Garrett Gilbert instead.
rimshot-o.gif

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He isn't the perfect prospect, hence being a second through forth rounder. He does have many good qualities you can build with. Love his pocket presence and accuracy.

I agree and I do like a lot of what he brings to the table. By all accounts he will work hard to improve his game. Quite frankly it's the only real flaw in his game and is probably a product of his offense.

Both Grayson and Fajardo are two late rounders I like and both kind of sucked today lol. You have to take bowl games with a grain of salt though as there are many variables. Team motivation, 3 weeks of no games, venue distractions, etc.

FRO

Legend
I agree and I do like a lot of what he brings to the table. By all accounts he will work hard to improve his game. Quite frankly it's the only real flaw in his game and is probably a product of his offense.

Both Grayson and Fajardo are two late rounders I like and both kind of sucked today lol. You have to take bowl games with a grain of salt though as there are many variables. Team motivation, 3 weeks of no games, venue distractions, etc.
I think every time you watch a prospect you have to look at everything overall, not just the bottom line production. Grayson rarely had a pocket and there were some bad drops by his best receiver Higgins. I saw him make some impressive throws. The end result wasn't there though. He didn't have a real dominating performance. He could have has 500 yards passing and 8 TD passes, but if all he was doing was throwing bubble screens to get all that, I wouldn't have been as impressed. I know football is a bottom line business, but you have to take everything into account.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like the way Grayson looks and wouldn't mind him in another set of horns. Brandon Bridge is a physical specimen with a rocket arm but a pea brain at this stage. He also could possibly be a guy the Rams could mold into something special. Neither would be ready to start next year I'm afraid.

Athos

Legend
I like the way Grayson looks and wouldn't mind him in another set of horns. Brandon Bridge is a physical specimen with a rocket arm but a pea brain at this stage. He also could possibly be a guy the Rams could mold into something special. Neither would be ready to start next year I'm afraid.

Guaranteed they won't. May not even be ready until 2 years in the league as backups.

Which is why.........Culter. :sneaky: